• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Forum Commerce Rules: EVERYONE MUST READ

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Rules for the sale/trade forum - must read!

Can someone clarify on the scalping. Example being if I have a Doom PF. I want to post it for $1500 and I think it sold for what $250 to $350 when it came out. Is that scalping? What if someone buys a faux bronze SW piece has it in hand and sells it for $150 more? Is that scalping? I think people around here are smart enough to spot a value when they see it. Who cares what people post as prices? I think people should just ignore them to begin with. I can also understand the no comment thing. This goes back to my internet policing that I loathe. If you don't like it just ignore it. I do agree that the presale of preorders is dumb. I also agree with all of the other terms. It is nice to have some firm guidelines. I just think the scalping and value are open to the seller and possible buyer. :duff

Agree with badmoon. I dont think selling prices no matter how absurd should be regulated. if the price is too high, then it's simple that no one will buy it. it's the other stuff like derailing for sale threads or selling preorders for profit that should be regulated. Let people post their high prices, and let buyers completely ignore them. simple.

Ridicule and mocking of peoples selling or buying prices has never been allowed and will still not be allowed! Potential buyers can respond and ask questions, and if they feel the price is out of line, send an offer via PM, but do not derail the thread or give a hard time to the seller about the price. If it is too high, it just won't sell; plain and simple!

Thank you for saying that lonnie. I just honestly don't see how regulating someone's asking price for an item is going to work. The 2ndary market values fluctuate and i highly doubt the mods want to research every item that is posted in the forum to make sure that it is not being "scalped".

So does that mean you would sell a PF Hulk or Iron Man at cost to a member? :dunno

If so what do you have for sale? :D

I don't buy stuff with even a glint in my eye to resell. So as of right now, I don't have anything for sale.

I suppose if I was ever tempted to own a PF Hulk enough to buy it and then was later disinterested in it enough to sell it, then I would either A) take it to ebay where there is no pretense of friendship or comaraderie or B)sell it to a friend here for cost.

But I wouldn't join a collecting club and try to make money off people in the club.

Agree with badmoon. I dont think selling prices no matter how absurd should be regulated. if the price is too high, then it's simple that no one will buy it. it's the other stuff like derailing for sale threads or selling preorders for profit that should be regulated.

Agree 100% and I don't think anyone is talking about selling off something that has appreciated, like most of the Marvel stuff. But the preorder thing for a profit is what bothers me a bit. If someone wants a Thor exclusive and is willing to pay more because they don't think their WL will come through, why can't someone sell it to them?

I personally think scalping should be discouraged because frankly I don't want the FS thread to be full of people asking for ridiculous prices hoping for the long shot that somebody bites.

If people are allowed to ridicule someone a little for the price they're asking, there will be less "fishing" fs threads.

Without the potential buyer's having a right to respond (and mock prices), its going to be a pain in the butt surfing through a gross amount of FS threads to find one with a legit price.

First and foremost this should be a forum for people to be friends and IMO trying to fleece friends is uncool. People looking to fleece using this forum should be ridiculed endlesslly.

If you're looking to maximize your profits, go use ebay.

I don't mean this as a warning, because most people won't care and some would be glad, but if this place turns into a place where everybody was preordering stuff they don't want to try to sell it here to someone who does want it I'm out. I'm here to have a good time, not to watch people compete to score the rare item to turn around and sell it.

IMO that behavior deserves continuous discouragement because at that point this place becomes nothing better than an online classified ad.

All of this is very easy for you to say. but I for one have never seen you sell something that has gained in value for retail to "help friends". not to mention you hardly spend much money on items anyway.

You may not sell for profit, but you definitely seem like one of the more opportunistic people on this forum. always vocal about making sure that YOU get a good deal on something. Even going so far as to telling those of us who got faulty Stealth Iron Man statues that we have the audacity to return them because we are potentially driving up the cost of YOUR 12 inch figures. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Maybe the commerce section should just be done away with. It is more trouble than it's really worth isn't it? We have people spamming the board to post in the commerce section, people joining just to use the commerce section, fights in the section, potential scam artists....

WHy not just be rid of it and all these problems will just disappear? Then only the forum will exist and people can go buy and sell on ebay.

All of this is very easy for you to say. but I for one have never seen you sell something that has gained in value for retail to "help friends". not to mention you hardly spend much money on items anyway.

I'm fully confessed to having absolutely no luck in owning anything that gains in value. I only buy what I like and I only buy one of them.

Even if an item increased in value, if I still like it, I won't sell it anyway!

Admittedly, I'm not in a position to spend hundred (or thousands) of dollars gobbling up multiple items to disperse at cost...even if I did, I think the SSC website is most qualified to handle transactions anyway and thus should be distributing items at cost to those who want it if scalpers and flippers weren't in line buying those multiples.

Maybe the commerce section should just be done away with. It is more trouble than it's really worth isn't it? We have people spamming the board to post in the commerce section, people joining just to use the commerce section, fights in the section, potential scam artists....

WHy not just be rid of it and all these problems will just disappear? Then only the forum will exist and people can go buy and sell on ebay.

For me I hope it will stay. For items that I want to sell at cost or on the cheap I try to use the boards. For items I know will have a big mark up I sell them on Ebay. It's that simple for me.

For me I hope it will stay. For items that I want to sell at cost or on the cheap I try to use the boards. For items I know will have a big mark up I sell them on Ebay. It's that simple for me.

Same for me. I usually sell smaller things here that I have too many to list on Ebay at the time being. Either that or too lazy to list them all, for example all my SW 12" figures.

The bigger stuff I usually take straight to the bay.

That's how I see the commerce section as well but to be honest, I now wouldn't mind it going the way of the buffalo. It seems to create too much hostility in my opinion. Not to mention the extra work that mods have to do to police it. What if this board was just a forum?

You may not sell for profit, but you definitely seem like one of the more opportunistic people on this forum. always vocal about making sure that YOU get a good deal on something. Even going so far as to telling those of us who got faulty Stealth Iron Man statues that we have the audacity to return them because we are potentially driving up the cost of YOUR 12 inch figures. :rolleyes:

1. I've bought about 4 items from people on this board. I'm hardly out there acting like a shrewd business man busting people's balls to get a good deal.
2. The IM thing was partly tongue in cheek, but yes, partly from my heart. I don't think people should have had such high standards for an item when so many of them were arriving that way. They should have said, "it is what it is" and if it wasn't to their standards they should have cancelled the item and let someone with lower standards buy it. As it was, it was mostly scalpers and flippers returning the item on SSC's dime so that they can maximize their profits by getting the mintest item possible to resell. I don't think this cynical viewpoint is bad.
3. If I'm arguing about what makes ME get a good deal and 99% of my purchases come directly from SSC, then isn't that also helping to get EVERYONE a good deal that orders from SSC? Think about it.

It seems to create too much hostility in my opinion. Not to mention the extra work that mods have to do to police it.

I think this board has hostility everywhere. Not just the commerce section. It's ashame really that every thread just about turns into a whine and ^^^^^ fest.

That's how I see the commerce section as well but to be honest, I now wouldn't mind it going the way of the buffalo. It seems to create too much hostility in my opinion. Not to mention the extra work that mods have to do to police it. What if this board was just a forum?

I hope you're joking. Many people here, myself included, hate dealing with ebay.

This place isn't 100% safe but at least you know you're buying from a collector and there are many deals to be had here. I love that I can sell my statues on here without having to deal with the hassle and BS of ebay.

I hope you're joking. Many people here, myself included, hate dealing with ebay.

This place isn't 100% safe but at least you know you're buying from a collector and there are many deals to be had here. I love that I can sell my statues on here without having to deal with the hassle and BS of ebay.

I actually am not joking. I said what I said with a sadness but I believe the banishment of the commerce section could be for the better. I think the overall board would benefit from it and the hostility level towards certain members would definitely decrease.

I like selling here as well. It's easy, you know who you are dealing with, and it's a bit cheaper. However, I would rather keep this place healthy than sell my trinkets.

I actually am not joking. I said what I said with a sadness but I believe the banishment of the commerce section could be for the better. I think the overall board would benefit from it and the hostility level towards certain members would definitely decrease.

I like selling here as well. It's easy, you know who you are dealing with, and it's a bit cheaper. However, I would rather keep this place healthy then sell my trinkets.

I honestly don't see how 86'ing the commerce section will make the forum a better place. the only thing it would do is lessen the potential workload of the mods. I'd say 86 the star wars section before th commerce if we are going by hostility factor. :monkey3

I honestly don't see how 86'ing the commerce section will make the forum a better place. the only thing it would do is lessen the potential workload of the mods. I'd say 86 the star wars section before th commerce if we are going by hostility factor. :monkey3

:lol:lol:lol Point well taken.

But I do think a lot of people hold grudges from what they see in the commerce section. For example take Chris who was trying to sell his Spiderman for way above market value. I think that certain members saw that and carried some animosity with them to the regular board. This is what I mean by the commerce section making the board more hostile.

:lol:lol:lol Point well taken.

But I do think a lot of people hold grudges from what they see in the commerce section. For example take Chris who was trying to sell his Spiderman for way above market value. I think that certain members saw that and carried some animosity with them to the regular board. This is what I mean by the commerce section making the board more hostile.

personally i could care less how absurd someone's selling price is. It's their item and if they value it as such, then so be it. It's the hypocritical actions or statements that I question.

I like selling here as well. It's easy, you know who you are dealing with, and it's a bit cheaper. However, I would rather keep this place healthy than sell my trinkets.

Man it is sad that you are serious. I thought you were just joking. I think that most of the hostility comes from people not minding their own business. Like I said, if you don't like the price then don't buy from the idiot trying to sell stuff for crazy prices. I think the problem stems when people feel the need to make comments. I laugh at the prices of some stuff. However, I am not about to waste my time in a pissing match with someone over it. I simply move along and chuckle to myself. Again, I think most people here are smart enough to know the value of something when they see it.

Last edited:

personally i could care less how absurd someone's selling price is. It's their item and if they value it as such, then so be it. It's the hypocritical actions or statements that I question.

I think many people think differently however and that is why we see certain things keep happening. There are obviously two clear schools of thought present here on this forum and they don't seem to mix well. It's like oil and water.

I just wonder how different this board would really be without the commerce section. Surely we wouldn't have seen the Kodiak types around here as much or am I just flat out wrong? I don't know. :huh

I think this board has hostility everywhere. Not just the commerce section. It's ashame really that every thread just about turns into a whine and ^^^^^ fest.
Sometimes it is everywhere which i'm sad to see, but I guess most public forum's have their own unique characters.:lol

I totally agree, if it wasnt for this section I wouldnt have found some of my most cherished pieces. I love dealing with the members here and fellow collectors and long may it continue.
We just need to iron things out and let Dave to give the final word on things and we will be good to go.
Its all good fun.

Long Live the Commerce Section :rock :rock
x :peace

Last edited:
Back