• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Forum Commerce Rules: EVERYONE MUST READ

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Rules for the sale/trade forum - must read!

So, I have noticed several people showing up here recently with their first post being a link to their ebay auctions....is this OK per forum rules because I personally find it kinda lame? :mad:

I don't think it's really against the spirit of the rules. Unless they're only here to post their ebay auctions.

rules about commenting in fs threads suck.

Sorry, this is a little rant. I am getting tired of non-USA members asking for a price quote and after I take the time to figure it out, they say nah, don't want it. :banghead. Isn't there a suggestion or something that if you are to inquire about international shipping to be ready for a higher cost and not to waste the seller's time? Just out of courtesy.

Well to be fair, you are the seller they are the buyer. Its kind of your responsibility to provide shipping quotes. If it bugs you that much I just wouldn't make items available internationally.

But yeah, it seems common sense would tell one that international shipping is gonna cost just a little bit more. :lol

Sorry, this is a little rant. I am getting tired of non-USA members asking for a price quote and after I take the time to figure it out, they say nah, don't want it. :banghead. Isn't there a suggestion or something that if you are to inquire about international shipping to be ready for a higher cost and not to waste the seller's time? Just out of courtesy.

One thing you can do is give a weight estimate and a link to USPS in your FS thread and suggest that internationals check it out on their own and see if they're still interested.
I got a little tired of getting quotes for people who weren't serious but when I stopped shipping overseas people got annoyed at that too. :lol

Well to be fair, you are the seller they are the buyer. Its kind of your responsibility to provide shipping quotes. If it bugs you that much I just wouldn't make items available internationally.

But yeah, it seems common sense would tell one that international shipping is gonna cost just a little bit more. :lol
Oh I don't mind getting quotes, if they are really going to buy. But most of them say"Oh that's too much" after I tell them the shipping cost and I feel like I am spinning my wheels :). Yeah it would seem like the non-USA member should be aware before they ask that it will be around $24.00 or so to ship the standard SSC 1/6 figure. I think I will try YoNoSe's idea and see how that pans out. Time to edit some posts :)

Hey, does anyone have any thoughts about when an item sells and the seller then deletes the price they were asking? Sometimes I'm trying to gauge how much something sold for (was being asked) and then when I click it, the price is gone and replaced with "sold".

:banghead

Hey, does anyone have any thoughts about when an item sells and the seller then deletes the price they were asking? Sometimes I'm trying to gauge how much something sold for (was being asked) and then when I click it, the price is gone and replaced with "sold".

:banghead

I don't see the problem with it. Just because something sold for $80 one day doesnt mean that the next seller should be obligated to sell theirs for the same price.

Please let's not get ridiculous with all these dumb little rules just so that some people can try to have leverage over people selling things.

I agree with both of you, actually. I hate it when people delete the asking price or the entire post, and I wouldn't be against a rule (or at least a guideline) that asks people not to delete their For Sale info after the item has sold. I belong to other forums with similar rules. On the other hand, I do sometimes see people selling things for significantly below what I feel is the going rate for a particular item, and it can make things difficult if you want to sell the same thing soon afterward. I think if anybody says "hey, it sold for X dollars last week!" you just have to explain that you don't think that was a fair price (reference ebay prices, etc.)

I hate it when people delete their sale price after a sale but I can't see any reason besides "it bugs" to make a rule against doing so.

Per Gift Cards, if you wanna to solicit a trade thats fine. I am also good with including them in a sale as extra incentive. But just selling a GC is lame.

I don't see the problem with it. Just because something sold for $80 one day doesnt mean that the next seller should be obligated to sell theirs for the same price.

Please let's not get ridiculous with all these dumb little rules just so that some people can try to have leverage over people selling things.

I'm not saying that someone should have to match the price at all. I'm just interested to use it as a "guide" similar to searching old ebay sales.

Also, I'm not requesting a "rule", rather just a heads up to anyone reading this that I appreciate it when people leave the historical information available for those of us curious enough to track what the going rate of something may be.

And I think the information can be beneficial to both sellers and buyers.

Ultimatrly everyone will list and update their own way, I know I personally prefer the price replaced with SOLD if it is no longer availabe.

As a Buyer or Seller, I don't find it necessary for prices to remain on the listing if the item has been sold, especially if there are several items, it makes the listing much clearer and eaier to read if it just replaced with SOLD.

To enquire about a possible market price for something, or the history, I would advise to use eBay or Toytracker.

Just my thoughts anyway
x :peace

Have to agree with you on that.

I would like to know what items sold for... but again making it a requirement would be going to far and there are many resourced available for tracking prices. Or if you are really nosey you could always just PM the seller to find out.

Back