Ford and Hamill headsculpts (Update pg 12)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Ford and Hamill headsculpts (update pg 8)

Great looking sculpt.... that is the work of an artist

This and your Vader sculpt are on my wants list. Make it happen.:lecture

Looks really good so far, props for not giving up. :hi5: I've yet to see a good SW Ford sculpt yet IMO.

Wow! Incredible work. When does it go on sale?

Wow! Incredible work. When does it go on sale?

Thanks, but this is likely just for me, seeing as my casting skills are pretty limited and there are already some much better Ford sculpts out there to choose from. :)

If I can ever get the likeness good enough, I'd still love to use the same sculpt for my Indy, Han and Deckard figures, but it's probably not ready for that yet.

there are already some much better Ford sculpts out there to choose from. :)

I have to respectfully disagree. I think you're selling yourself short, man! Just came across this thread and these are easily some of the best likeness I've ever seen. I'm really picky with custom sculpts (the Jnix solo is the first one I've ever bought.) These are top notch in my book. You've found that perfect blend of subtle expression and likeness that a lot of the big companies miss. IMO, the ONLY thing it's missing is skin texturing for that extra bit of realism. Forgive me if you are planning on adding it in the future, I know these are ongoing WIP.

I know I'm getting long winded, so let me say as an aspiring, professional sculptor and art student, you've really inspired me. I wish I was on your level. Can't wait to see more! :wave

Davejames... No offence but you're crazy! That's the best Harrison Ford likeness I've seen, and it's a Blade Runner version too.
Stop selling yourself short. It's awesome!

Ha, thanks guys. It's just that I thought all my previous versions were looking pretty good as well at the time, and now they all just look painfully bad and amateurish to me. So I guess I'm just mentally preparing myself for the same thing to happen with this latest update as well. :p

The recent Indiana Jones "aged" portrait looks really great too. All your version look 100s X better than what we're getting from the big companies. It's a real shame you're work isn't being casted. You'd make a small fortune with your skills.

Dude! PLEEEEEEEEEASE do a run of that Deckard head sculpt!!!! PLEASE!

I rarely comment now on these pages. I collect Ford sculpts, I have almost everyone done in 1/6. And I would definitely add yours to my collection. And it would be one, of if not the best.

Just found this thread and I have to concur - you should do a run of these Dekards. This is a great sculpt, definitely on par with the Jnix Solo. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good (or the great in this case!)

I didn't see in the thread what happened to the Luke, but that was looking very promising as well.

Indeed, I wondered that too, if you have worked any more on your Hamill sculpt it would be good to see. I thought it was as good as the Fords sculpts and again, better that most of the commercial ones too.

Back