Ford and Hamill headsculpts (Update pg 12)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Ford and Hamill headsculpts (new update pg 4)

Kreist Dave, your sculpting skills are insane! Wow.

Will you be doing commissions at all in the future??

That is looking fantastic! BAKE IT!

Ha, thanks, but I think I'll wait a bit before baking it. Every time I think I've been somewhat close in the past, I come back later and cringe at how completely off it was. So I'm going to let this sit awhile and look at it later with some fresh eyes.

Kreist Dave, your sculpting skills are insane! Wow.

Will you be doing commissions at all in the future??

Thanks, but there's a ton of MUCH better professional sculptors over in the custom section. I'm just trying to make do the best I can with the skills I have. (Although if you want to see more of my stuff, you can check out this page: DeviantArt: 403 Forbidden)

And sorry, I doubt I'll be taking any commissions. I just have way too many of my own projects I want to work on right now, thanks to my new 1/6 addiction. :D

Don't worry, I wouldn't have been banging down your door anyway.. just wondering. I haven't paid anyone for custom work yet.

Truth be told, I'd rather learn it myself over time. I think I'm capable, it's just the time / money factor.

How hard was that Sideshow, I hope you're taking notes.

Ok I know everyone is probably sick of me by now, but here's yet another update on this. After studying some more pics of Ford I finally realized the head on mine was too long and just generally needed to be a bit more squat or scrunched down. And that he also needed more of a square jaw.

Don't know if this really helped or not, but hopefully it's at least a slight improvement. Oh and I also changed the expression a bit, since I was getting kinda tired of the last one. Lol

IMAG3206 (435x640).jpg

IMAG3210 (467x640).jpg

IMAG3190 (471x640).jpg

IMAG3211 (465x640).jpg

IMAG3191 (456x640).jpg

And here's a before and after to show the changes that were made (for better or worse):

IMAG3069 - Copy (491x640) (640x486).jpg

Re: My Ford and Hamill headsculpts (update pg 5)

And here I thought it couldn't get any better. Awesome job!

So impressive man! Good job! Will you be casting these for people interested?

Good job you didn't bake it :lol because this is much better. The mouth is a definite improvement. This is obviously an Indy so, any plans for some star wars hair?

So impressive man! Good job! Will you be casting these for people interested?

Yeah sure, if they want one. Although with that new MarfMaster head blowing everything else out of the water, I'm not sure why anyone would want my cheesy little effort. :p

Good job you didn't bake it :lol because this is much better. The mouth is a definite improvement. This is obviously an Indy so, any plans for some star wars hair?

Yeah I'm still going with my original plan of altering one copy into a ESB Han. I know his face was a tiny bit rounder in that movie for whatever reason, but it should hopefully still be close enough.

You're Harrison Ford sculpt is awesome! You've done an excellent job.

Thanks guys.

I'm tempted to put it in the oven now, because I'm really anxious to start modding and painting this thing, but I have a feeling it could still be improved a lot more (at least if the past is anything to go by :p) so I'll put it aside for awhile and take another look at it later.

I know some guys make the basic shape then bake it so it doesn't get wrecked then go back and add more clay and keep sculpting. There's no undo button and thats the closest thing to saving as possible.

I'd be in for a set. You really have talent, looks great.

Dude! That is an awesome Ford sculpt. You got some skills man.

Back