Ford and Hamill headsculpts (Update pg 12)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Ford and Hamill headsculpt WIPs

Awesome stuff, and definitely would be interested if you planning to offer luke sculpt..

Something about Luke eyebrows looks off to me, also maybe his eyes are a bit big, might cause another deer-in-headlight look unintentionally. :)

Han looks about perfect IMO.

I honestly think sculpting these guys isn't the hardest. It's painting the likeness. Look at all the terrific Medicom sculpts ruined by paint apps. Even their horribly painted Joker sculpt is actually pretty good apart from the play-do hair.

Last edited:

But I'm interested in both if they are for sale. :) They already look better than most of what's on the market to my eyes!!

Thanks again guys. I'm finally getting around to updating these sculpts, and am actually working on the Ford one right now. In fact the digital sculpt Beastmaster is working on in the Indy thread is so damn good I'm kinda thinking of just using that as my sole reference (which I hope is ok with him). :D

And I agree, the Hamill sculpt still needs a lot more work. I thought I was fairly close before, but looking at it again it's obvious I still have a ways to go.

For inspiration!

For me at least untill yours is done this is the best Ford sculpt:

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks again guys. I'm finally getting around to updating these sculpts, and am actually working on the Ford one right now. In fact the digital sculpt Beastmaster is working on in the Indy thread is so damn good I'm kinda thinking of just using that as my sole reference (which I hope is ok with him). :D

And I agree, the Hamill sculpt still needs a lot more work. I thought I was fairly close before, but looking at it again it's obvious I still have a ways to go.

Hamill is RÉALLY close IMO. He just needs to look more.. I dunno.

Ford I have no doubt will look amazing. Don't change to much apart from adding details! You could show us profile shots so we could argue (i mean give tips) about those! Sometimes frontal views look JUST perfect but the profile is off ^.^

Finally found some time to work on my Ford sculpt again. It was clearly looking way too vague and unspecific before, so I tried to hone in a bit more on his features and improve as many things as I could.

I'm sure there's still quite a ways to go on this thing, but hopefully it's at least a bit better than it was.

IMAG2339 (431x640).jpg

IMAG2361 (426x640).jpg IMAG2340 (468x640).jpg

IMAG2337 (475x640).jpg IMAG2356 (433x640).jpg

IMAG2350 (421x640).jpg

And finally a comparison with the earlier sculpt:

indys1 (640x487).jpg

Finally found some time to work on my Ford sculpt again. It was clearly looking way too vague and unspecific before, so I tried to hone in a bit more on his features and improve as many things as I could.

I'm sure there's still quite a ways to go on this thing, but hopefully it's at least a bit better than it was.

View attachment 156306

Unmistakable. Incredible work.:clap

These are phenomenal. Well sculpted.

You should almost have molded the earlier Ford before making changes, as that would have worked well for a younger character - perhaps young Solo. The new and improved version has pushed it closer to the ANH look I like, but definitely nailed the ESB/Raiders look to his face.

Hamill is looking awesome. In the movie he didn't seem wide-eyed much, if I remember correctly - that was mostly in promo pictures - but I like how it looks.

These are phenomenal. Well sculpted.

You should almost have molded the earlier Ford before making changes, as that would have worked well for a younger character - perhaps young Solo. The new and improved version has pushed it closer to the ANH look I like, but definitely nailed the ESB/Raiders look to his face.

Hamill is looking awesome. In the movie he didn't seem wide-eyed much, if I remember correctly - that was mostly in promo pictures - but I like how it looks.

Thanks, glad to hear it. Most of the reference I used this time actually came from Blade Runner, since the great lighting in that movie makes it a lot easier to study his face than in any of the actual Indy/SW movies.

I haven't looked at my Hamill sculpt in quite awhile, but hopefully I'll be able to make the same kind of improvements to that one as well.

Fantastic work.
I think you've really captured the characters.
Both probably still need work and refinement, but it's great work, congratulations!

Re: My Ford and Hamill headsculpts (update pg 3)

If these come out Hot Toys scale you might very well end up with something. There is a pursuit for perfection with these characters. I don't think Hot Toys has hit it with their Han. The HT ESB Luke is great however, but a RotJ version has not been shown. I'd like to see farm boy next.

Nice! The Ford v2 sculpt looks much better. Al little smoothing of the rough areas and I call it done. I know its asking a lot but have you looked into adding skin texture? I hove no idea how they do it, but I have had some encouraging results using a piece of fabric and lightly dabbing clay to give it texture. Its all about finding the right type of material to give the right effect.

Another thought I just had (if even possible) is to sculpt him bald. Bake it, mold it, then sculpt different hair pieces for the different characters. Or just mold Ford as he stands now, mold it, shave off the hair and start with that. Not sure how the end result would look as a 2 piece though. just a thought.

Oh hey, thanks guys. I've actually improved my Ford quite a bit since last time, but just haven't got around to taking any new pics yet (what with my sudden detour into Vader sculpting). :p

I'll try to get something up tomorrow maybe.

And yeah Natedog, I do hope to add some much needed skin texture at some point, and might try that fabric technique of yours. Thanks!

Still waiting for hamill hs bud.. [emoji16]

Well for what it's worth... here's the latest update on my Ford sculpt (something tells me I'm going to be working on this until the day I die). :D

My main focus was trying to improve the contours of his face, since everything was just way too angular and pronounced before. And I also worked some more on the eyes and made the lower jaw a bit smaller as well.

indycollage.jpg

And I tried to add some skin texture as well, but I'm not sure how much of that really comes through here (thanks to my crappy camera phone):

indycollage2.jpg

Needless to say, Harrison Ford is NOT an easy guy to sculpt. :banghead

Back