Ford and Hamill headsculpts (Update pg 12)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Ford and Hamill headsculpts (update pg 5)

Thanks, appreciate it. :)

Looking at it again, I can see the eyes still need some work, and the whole thing needs to be refined and sharpened up in general. But glad to hear it's at least getting a bit closer!

Woah!... I wish I had your talent sir! Right on!:hi5:

Luke looks great man!
Are you planning to offer these?

These look amazing, DaveJames! Will these be available for purchase?

Great job on these heads! Not easy subjects and you're seriously on the path to perfection.

Nathan

Oh hey, thanks everyone! Haven't been in this section in awhile. :)

These look amazing, DaveJames! Will these be available for purchase?

Nah probably not. The Luke still has a ways to go, and there are obviously much better options out there for Ford if people want one, like the Inigou sculpt. Plus I don't really have the casting skills for a big run anyway.

For those interested, here's another update on my Ford sculpt. Lots more refining and trying to get the shape of the head right.

indycollage2.jpg

Still think the brow and forehead needs a bit more work though.

And once again, here's a comparison shot with the very first version (which I'm now kind of ashamed to have ever shown on here. Lol).

IMAG1550 (640x563).jpg

No man progress pics are always good to see.
The latest looks really good. Still more on an Indy look but great nontheless.

Amazing sculpting. Just be careful, what you are sculpting is moving the clock forward on Ford from his 30's to his 40's.

Amazing sculpting. Just be careful, what you are sculpting is moving the clock forward on Ford from his 30's to his 40's.

Hmm, yeah I suppose he is starting to look a bit older now for some reason. I'll have to see if I can subtly de-age him a bit. Thanks for the head's up!

Looks great man, you really captured Ford with your sculpt.

For those interested, here's another update on my Ford sculpt. Lots more refining and trying to get the shape of the head right.

View attachment 198102

Still think the brow and forehead needs a bit more work though.

And once again, here's a comparison shot with the very first version (which I'm now kind of ashamed to have ever shown on here. Lol).

View attachment 198103

Instantly recognize Ford in both. IMHO your Ford sculpt is better than any released by professional companies thus far. I do agree it looks more like Indiana Jones than Han Solo, but a lot of that is the hair style.

Superb work. Truly.

Thanks, appreciate it! Right now I'm just sculpting him a bit more as Indy with the shorter hair, and then when I make a copy I'll convert that one into ESB Han with the longer hair.

At least that was the plan anyway. Who knows if it'll work.

Ok I know I should just stop embarrassing myself (since my previous attempts in this thread are absolutely painful to look at now :slap), but I decided to take another crack at my Ford sculpt, this time starting from scratch with an all new sculpt. And at the moment he's got a shorter Deckard haircut since I was getting really tired of the other one. Lol

I know I probably still have a loooong ways to go, but hopefully it's at least a bit more accurate than before...

20160623_233756 (504x700).jpg

20160623_234311 (445x700).jpg

20160623_234246 (471x700).jpg

20160623_234254 (480x700).jpg

20160623_234314 (480x700).jpg

OMG!!! I love all your art work! Full of life! :clap

Back