DID Roger Moore 1:6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger had so many distinctive looks during his tenure as Bond, so i can envision multiple versions of him on my shelf. Parted out heads will be like gold dust, so hopefully a third party will assist here.

Here is my comprehensive review on this figure

If you want the short answer WAIT a few weeks to a month. See if toy anxiety parts out stuff. The whole set is NOT worth it.

I’d get the head, holster, PPK because theirs are always the best and the turtleneck. The rest is bad.

The head sculpt:

I won’t argue with anyone here that it’s a fantastic likeness of Roger Moore. For the record I like the Big Chief one at least from the prototype but this one represents the Spy who loved me a bit better I think. Moore looked like he aged 10 years each film. He looks like a damn different man each time and especially in LALD which makes this head hard to use for that look.

It looks like Rocco sculpted this and I think it’s his best he’s grown a lot as a sculptor but the thing you need to know here, contrary to what someone said back there this is NOT in no way close to Hot Toys quality. As wirh all Rocco sculpts his pores are a bit big and it lacks a bit of refineness, not terrible at all. The paint lacks too, a bit sloppy eyelashes big black nostrils, a bit of shine and orange tone and it's just not up to hot toys quality. It’s unmistakably DID. It’s not terrible and a repaint could help it a bit I think.

The outfits:

The turtleneck is the best I’ve seen, fitted well and thin in material, but the suit is one of the worst I’ve seen, clunky and awkward. This goes for the pants too. DID is not known for their suits and for good reason. It will stay in the box or be sold off if anyone is silly enough to buy this that is. The tie is fine I guess and the shoes are standard DID. So, nice.

The body is standard DID, so bad... ands are terrible, but his chest padding makes the turtleneck look great. You are going to want to port that over if you upgrade the body.

The accessories;

Pretty bare here, the standard very nice metal Walther ( best on the market) is included and a nice metal revolver that’s unfortunately useless because it’s the wrong color. The holster is good but slightly inaccurate in design and this is something I can’t see big Chief beating in quality but theirs already looks to be more accurate . Other than a really lame huge base with a pixilated DID logo and some luchador or something on it that’s all you get here.

As a whole the figure looks awkward, a new body and pants alone will do wonders for the LALD look and make it able to be proudly displayed.

I think big Chief will beat this and that says a lot for me, I’m not to impressed with this figure.

The overall head I’d say is a 7/10. It could be an 8.5/10 wirh better paint.

The rest gets high marks for some accessories and very low marks for body and suit.

All in all I’d give this figure a 5/10

Try and nab that head loose if you can it’s not quite worth 200 bucks when there not a lot here you won’t be able to live without.

Last edited:
Nice review.
From what I've seen the BCS Moore is a much better representation of Moore from LALD, while the DID Moore is just generic Moore from 73-79 era.
I want to take the plunge on the BCS fig but I feel a little jaded from the whole paint rub experience, which has not been resolved I might add.
As you said it would be interesting to see the DID sculpt with a top notch paint app. Then again BCS are a long way behind in this department to.

With a week of september left, not holding my breath for my BC LALD set.
In mean time, I’ve found a 70s ish suit for my DID Bond. Resulted the Sudeshow with its MR space suit, and added ‘Paul’ to the display.

4D184CA4-AD11-436E-8806-241DD33F0F9F.jpg

One of the biggest things I really can't get past on this figure is the suit is baggy as heck and just looks awkward on the figure - not at all like the fitting he wore in the films. The likeness of the head sculpt is pretty amazing though. I'm not as familiar with all the options as some of you I'm sure but it looks like DID nailed it on this one.

Here is my comprehensive review on this figure

If you want the short answer WAIT a few weeks to a month. See if toy anxiety parts out stuff. The whole set is NOT worth it.

I’d get the head, holster, PPK because theirs are always the best and the turtleneck. The rest is bad.

The head sculpt:

I won’t argue with anyone here that it’s a fantastic likeness of Roger Moore. For the record I like the Big Chief one at least from the prototype but this one represents the Spy who loved me a bit better I think. Moore looked like he aged 10 years each film. He looks like a damn different man each time and especially in LALD which makes this head hard to use for that look.

It looks like Rocco sculpted this and I think it’s his best he’s grown a lot as a sculptor but the thing you need to know here, contrary to what someone said back there this is NOT in no way close to Hot Toys quality. As wirh all Rocco sculpts his pores are a bit big and it lacks a bit of refineness, not terrible at all. The paint lacks too, a bit sloppy eyelashes big black nostrils, a bit of shine and orange tone and it's just not up to hot toys quality. It’s unmistakably DID. It’s not terrible and a repaint could help it a bit I think.

The outfits:

The turtleneck is the best I’ve seen, fitted well and thin in material, but the suit is one of the worst I’ve seen, clunky and awkward. This goes for the pants too. DID is not known for their suits and for good reason. It will stay in the box or be sold off if anyone is silly enough to buy this that is. The tie is fine I guess and the shoes are standard DID. So, nice.

The body is standard DID, so bad... ands are terrible, but his chest padding makes the turtleneck look great. You are going to want to port that over if you upgrade the body.

The accessories;

Pretty bare here, the standard very nice metal Walther ( best on the market) is included and a nice metal revolver that’s unfortunately useless because it’s the wrong color. The holster is good but slightly inaccurate in design and this is something I can’t see big Chief beating in quality but theirs already looks to be more accurate . Other than a really lame huge base with a pixilated DID logo and some luchador or something on it that’s all you get here.

As a whole the figure looks awkward, a new body and pants alone will do wonders for the LALD look and make it able to be proudly displayed.

I think big Chief will beat this and that says a lot for me, I’m not to impressed with this figure.

The overall head I’d say is a 7/10. It could be an 8.5/10 wirh better paint.

The rest gets high marks for some accessories and very low marks for body and suit.

All in all I’d give this figure a 5/10

Try and nab that head loose if you can it’s not quite worth 200 bucks when there not a lot here you won’t be able to live without.

Great review as always. I agree with you on pretty much everything but can't help feeling you are a little harsh on the head.

I would rate the sculpt as high as most HT sculpts I've owned or seen in person. The paint may not be perfect when holding it a few inches from your face but regular viewing distance it's as good as I could hope for.

It's much more pleasing to my eye than Blitzway's Ghostbusters for example or a number of HT's including Terminator, BTTF, Indiana Jones. Obviously the rest of the figure pales in comparison to any of those but then I knew that when buying it.

Back