(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) The COOL guy(s) of the Star Wars forum thread...

Seems like there are a lot of fun set photos from the OT. If you haven't read "The Making of Star Wars" yet then I'd highly recommend it. The story is great and I really wish there were more photos included.

Wow, this thread really took off since yesterday. Glad it's still around. :yess:

I finished watching the original 1977 version of Star Wars yesterday in 720p. Not even an Episode IV tagline.

Then I started watching Star Wars Begins. If you're a fan of Star Wars, you have to watch that, Building Empire, and Returning to Jedi. They are full-length documentaries (2+ hours each) with all kinds of various things, even some of the actual on-set dialog recordings of the scenes we've seen a hundred times watching the movies. Prowse's voice as Vader is too funny.

You got yours? Lucky. I hope I get mine today. :pray:

Nice Waller :rock Is that the Harmy version, or did you get a different one?

I'd like to see that, my mom was a long time subscriber. Back in the day Starlog and Bantha Tracks magazines were where it was at :rock

And personally I like the idea of an old school Star Wars thread... the vintage collectibles thread has been a lot of fun so I could see this one being similar :rock

Badass mom. Also that's what I was going for Joseph, a sister (or broski) thread to the Vintage thread. With all the hoopla surrounding SW lately, it's kind of rekindled my interest in the holy trilogy...and it's mongoloid cousin the prequels. :wink1:

It is the Harmy version. I watched the non-anamorphic DVDs a few weeks ago thinking that was the best I would ever get. Once I found out these existed, I contacted a view boardies and now I can retire that crappy DVD set.

To quote Belloq... "It's beautiful!"

I've been posting some behind-the-scenes photos in the Celebration thread, but I'll start including them here. I think it could bring up some good discussions.

This is from Marc, right?

The good old days of special effects. :monkey2

15748808.jpg

Ah, Richard Edlund...he should be a guest at Celebration VI.

Seems like there are a lot of fun set photos from the OT. If you haven't read "The Making of Star Wars" yet then I'd highly recommend it. The story is great and I really wish there were more photos included.

:lecture

J. Jonah Jameson? Or JimminyJonesJr.?

Well, sheet. Now I need to make sure I have the best version possible. Marky Marc's is 720p too, right? I forget!

Well, sheet. Now I need to make sure I have the best version possible. Marky Marc's is 720p too, right? I forget!

I thought he said it was, but I'm not certain. I've been in touch with about 4 or 5 people on this stuff. :lol

I thought he said it was, but I'm not certain. I've been in touch with about 4 or 5 people on this stuff. :lol

Cool, if you watch the Funky Bunch's version let me know. I need to get these MFing OT BluRays outta my box set. Anyone want some coasters? Seriously though I am thinking about selling the discs by themselves. For like 20 bones, that's $6.66 a pop! Thank you calculator.

I don't think you'll have a problem finding a buyer for those. Put them in your constantly-bumped FS thread. :wink1:

Hey it's the D!ck & Nick show!

It seems like it. :lol

Maybe we'll get some more people around lunch time. I'll post a couple more behind-the-scenes shots from the Celebration thread.

Feel free, I want an all encompassing awesome SW thread.

Feel free, I want an all encompassing awesome SW thread.

OK, now we're all caught up. I plan on posting one each day going forward. So much great ____ out there on the interwebz.

Guess if you kiss a Gammorean you turn into one 30 years later :lol

OK, now we're all caught up. I plan on posting one each day going forward. So much great ____ out there on the interwebz.

I need an iPad! :gah:

Guess if you kiss a Gammorean you turn into one 30 years later :lol

Hey now, she's been losing weight. Was...so...hot. :monkey4

Back