Fist of the North Star RAH!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Piccolo's clothes are rubber? I missed that... still he looked really nice.

from many posts that I read, it seems like only his arms are using the rubber suit, and the rest are similar to RAH301. (Or whatever medi calls the new goku body.) If this is true, then I actually much prefer this method than a full body rubber suit. limited articulation, possible crack and paint peel are draw backs for rubber suit, but only using them for exposed arms and such like piccolo is a good way to increase the overall looks and limit the articulation limitation to a minimum.

Well, and that makes sense for how his arms look... cool to see Medicom is thinking about these things :rock

And Kenshiro is out for delivery... will be here anytime now!

Alright, got Kenshiro in the mail today and all I can say is he is badass! Really great looking figure and Medicom/Kaiyodo went all out on making him. Guy comes with 5 sets of hands, a very well articulated body and top-notch outfit.

Downside, the headsculpt is a little more stern than I would like, looks like the proto, so no problem there, but I always think of Kenshiro as looking more placid or full-on enraged! While the articulation and basebody are great... his pants are very restrictive and you can't get a good range of stances out of him.

Aside from that, he's great! Definitely a cool figure to have :rock

kenc.jpg

kena.jpg

kenb.jpg

kenf.jpg

kene.jpg

kend.jpg

Alright, got Kenshiro in the mail today and all I can say is he is badass! Really great looking figure and Medicom/Kaiyodo went all out on making him. Guy comes with 5 sets of hands, a very well articulated body and top-notch outfit.

Downside, the headsculpt is a little more stern than I would like, looks like the proto, so no problem there, but I always think of Kenshiro as looking more placid or full-on enraged! While the articulation and basebody are great... his pants are very restrictive and you can't get a good range of stances out of him.

Aside from that, he's great! Definitely a cool figure to have :rock

thanks for the pix and the mini-review! :D, I think I'll track him down after motoko is in. Seriously though, I am now more tempted just to get the body to make a brock samson custom. its nearly perfect! why doesn't medi sell all their bodies? :confused:

Oh, and surprisingly the belt on Kenshiro is not plastic... its the same pleather material as his outfit.

Yeah, the zipper is big... but at this point I expect it from Medicom so it didn't really bothe me :lol

Yeah, the zipper is big... but at this point I expect it from Medicom so it didn't really bothe me :lol

Its weird that medi uses that big zipper on most of their figures with letter jacket, (the front of armorment comes to mind) wonder why they dont use the smaller zipper like HT's brando since medi did use them before on other figures like X3 wolverine and their kamen riders. is it to get the shinning metallic look?

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4935&extra=page=4

Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that they can only get the silver ones in that larger size... don't know where they got that info from, but it made sense at the time.

On a character like Ghost Rider its more distracting than a highly stylized one like Kenshiro... at least to me.

Thanks for the link on Brando, hadn't seen the in-hand shots yet... looks stellar! A definite must-have figure :rock

I believe the big zipper is because the small ones can't be 'opened' into 2 halves like a regular zipper would on the front. Medicom actually used the small zipper for Kenshiro's pockets, as well as a lot of other stuff. But using the smaller zippers meaning they have to sew the front bottom together (rather than use the 'lock' available on the big zipper), making the jacket can't be opened up completely.

One thing I find you can do to make Ken look nicer. Somehow, Medicom didn't cover all the screw holes of the upper body. 2 on the neck, 1 on each lower arm (covered by wrist bands) and the 2 silver round metal hinge next to the chest front. So apparently, you need 6 screw covers to fill those up. And if you take off Kenshiro's pants and look at the legs, there are just 6 on them. 4 from thighs and 2 from lower legs. They can be easily taken out with a needle or any thing too with a very sharp point, lifting up from the edge. The covers are very soft, so they are easy to take out and put back in. It helps if you have a round smooth tip tool (a round tip chopstick, the back end of a small paint brush, or a tiny pen) to use to push them back in on holes you want to fill, so it won't poke a hole or dent when you push. Also heps to relax the inner under pants from wrinkling and bunching up when you try to put the outer pants back on after you are done. Since Kenshiro will be wear pants all the time, might as well use all those covers on the upper body, where we do expose it from time to time. Looks much better that way.

Last edited:
Just did a bit touch up on mine. After the minor eyes touch up, I went ahead and add some foam padding under the shoulder armor, so it won't droop as much and sits straighter like it should in the manga and anime, instead of the very round droopy shoulders that the figure originally looks. Also repainted the boots to a darker brown that matches the belt, as the pair of boots I got was a bit too light on the weathering compare to the darker ones I see other people get online. Stands out too much. So makes it darker and blends more. All it takes is a Real Touch gundam marker, some light smudging for the weathered leather look, and sealing it with a clear coat. Quite happy with how it turned out.

eyes.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

Nah, X3 Wolverine has the smaller zippers all around and his opens and closes.

I see. Good to know. Medicom really has no excuse then. :D Cause I find even Hot Toys does the same with Rambo Jacket version, using the big zipper, when they are so detail oriented. So I always got the impression that they choose to have the big zipper only when they have to make the jacket front zip open completely. Like Rei's front, since the outfit is more like a one piece jumpsuit, then Medicom can use the smaller zipper, as they just sew the bottom in place. No opening lock, or whatever you call that part.

Yeah, it really seems to be that if they want a silver zipper they have to go oversized, but for black and some of the colors they can get a better scale.

Ripley's light blue zipper is a giant as well.

Medicom RAH Kenshiro fitment improvement:

KenshiroShoulders.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

Even though I am overall happy with how this Kenshiro figure turned out, some areas of his still look a bit off when compared to his manga or anime counterpart, especially on the shoulder armor drooping too much, and the collar sitting too high and a bit thick. So I tried adding sticky foamie shoulder pad under the shoulder armor to give it some support, and used some Super Tape (thin strong double sided tape) on both side of his chest under the jacket to hold the pulled down jacket, giving the jacket a tighter fit and lowering the collar. The result is pretty impressive with such simple (and reversible) mod. Kenshiro looks a lot closer to the manga & anime design, and this is how this RAH should have looked like in the first place. Really like how he looks now!

IMG_2901-1.jpg

IMG_2905-1.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

Yeah, it really seems to be that if they want a silver zipper they have to go oversized, but for black and some of the colors they can get a better scale.

Ripley's light blue zipper is a giant as well.

wrong, he means that while x3 wolvie's zipper is functional, it doesn't completely open like a real jacket would. while kenshiro's opens at the bottom.. x3's zipper doesn't.

Back