First Toy You Ever Got

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the earliest action figure I owned was either He-Man when he first came out in like 1981 or 1982 or Mego Superman, which I promptly broke and needed replaced.
I must be going slightly made because I also remember having an Empire Strikes Back Han Solo and Darth Vader. Man oh man were the properties great back then.

Don't remember of course, was just a baby after all! :lol:lol:lol

...but, dear old mom says I was really into these:

407472.JPG

And these:

HotWheels-logo_gradation.jpg

Now, I do remember being heavily into the original 3 3/4 SW & GIjoe figures, that would probably count as my first "collectible" toys (although I did beat the crap out of those poor little guys).

The earliest toy I can remember getting as a gift was the Kenner Wampa :rock

Sure I had toys before that, but that first thing I can remember getting that I understood was mine.

tempVwampa-m.jpg

Mine was probably blocks or legos. I know I got a lot of SW stuff when I was 8 or so but I don't remember much before that except the Evil Knievel stunt cycle... that was a cool toy.

BlurryMemory.jpg

Spawn V, after awhile of collecting Spawn Figs my First statue was Fathom Bikni version and now it's Strictly statues

i remember having a lot of he-men when i was in kindergarten back in 84. i also remember my first transformer. skywarp i believe. i think i still have him in storage somewhere. the one toy i never got that i really wanted was the voltron lions. i picked them up off ebay a few years ago. i think they are packed up in my basement.

i remember having a lot of he-men when i was in kindergarten back in 84. i also remember my first transformer. skywarp i believe. i think i still have him in storage somewhere. the one toy i never got that i really wanted was the voltron lions. i picked them up off ebay a few years ago. i think they are packed up in my basement.

yeah I got both voltron's for christmas one year. i remember the recall on the "lion" one because of lead content....i kept the lead one though. still have them both.

yeah I got both voltron's for christmas one year. i remember the recall on the "lion" one because of lead content....i kept the lead one though. still have them both.
there's a good chance mine contain lead. i just gotta resist the urge to put them in my mouth and ill be ok.:lol

Probably the real question should have been, what is the first toy you can remember that was really cool and made a lasting impression on you? :D (Since none of us can probably remember our first toy)

And since he said toy, and not action figure, I'm going with toy!

The first toy that I really remember as being cool and made an impression was a slot car racing game called "Getaway Chase Game". You could get it at a DX gas station and also Sears. My Mom and Dad got one for my brother and me at the local DX station where we always got gas. It had two big rectangles that fit together to form the base with the track built in. There were a bunch of thin cardboard buildings that you folded into shape and placed on the board to form a city. The cars that were included were an old time police car from around the 1920's and the gangster car from the same time period. The police car would chase the gangsters around the track trying to "bump" it to score points; the players used switches to direct the cars around the track. The DX gas station version included a cardboard DX station for the city that the Sears version didn't; and the box that held it all was specially printed. My brother and I played with that forever!!! And it lead to a real 1/32nd slot car track (figure eight with a jump!) and featured period Indy cards!!! I still have my Indy car and I'm pretty sure the Getaway Chase Game is up in my Mom's attic!!!

pic58060_lg.jpg

pic31254_lg.jpg

The first 'toy' I ever remember receiving was this Care Bear:

4110R3LRMuL._AA280_.jpg

I can remember my first toys is batman figure. I remember My dad give me when i was 6 years old.

17481242hd7atwmsrqmtcs5.jpg

Back