Premium Format First Order Stormtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you go boy! but uh, that post wasn't directed at you so I'm not sure why the rocky music started playing in your head. calm down beavis. the OP was complaining on the price so i was addressing people like minded to that sentiment. if you don't mind supporting inflated prices then this comment doesn't apply to you.

Why does a trooper from 2016 remind you of your childhood?

image.jpeg

Is this you?

he was born yesterday...

to bring back memories you probably want this: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-stormtrooper-sideshow-collectibles-7180/

which is far more ironic and cost $200 less.

So question..why is a similar statue still being sold now for only $300 (vs the new one that is $500)? I am sure sideshow will not sell the stormtrooper for $300 if they are not making good profit, so obviously the production cost is far lower than $300 for them to continue selling it.

Then why $500 for practically a very similar statue now? answer..because they could.

Sheeps!

you go boy! but uh, that post wasn't directed at you so I'm not sure why the rocky music started playing in your head. calm down beavis. the OP was complaining on the price so i was addressing people like minded to that sentiment. if you don't mind supporting inflated prices then this comment doesn't apply to you.

Pretty simple. It's Star Wars. I love Star Wars. You look for confrontation where there isn't any. I am totally cool with people who choose not to buy this stuff and I think we can all agree that all of us are a little off for collecting this stuff.

Funny Beavis reference though, my 16 year old kid makes the same one sometimes... :)

Yeah, nice, but too rich for me, especially with the new shipping rates on top. I think this hobby was turned on its head for me with the Kylo reveal as I can't see things going back now.. Bad times.

Pretty simple. It's Star Wars. I love Star Wars. You look for confrontation where there isn't any. I am totally cool with people who choose not to buy this stuff and I think we can all agree that all of us are a little off for collecting this stuff.

Funny Beavis reference though, my 16 year old kid makes the same one sometimes... :)

I'm looking for confrontation? this is news to me. you're the one who responded to a post of mine that had nothing to do with you. and my post wasn't confrontational.

i.e. my post to that asswad chronos1919 was confrontational. what a classy guy he is.

and i messed it up, it should be "settle down Beavis."

Last edited:
Well I'm getting this one cause I'm probably not getting the what will probably be at least a $700 Episode 8 version. In a perfect world, I think we can all agree it would have been priced closer to the classic Stormy, or at least should have had a better exclusive like some of the previous suggestions (just like everyone was saying about the Sandtrooper). New prices have made me pass on a few on the Marvel/DC offerings (and pretty much all the Hot Toys Figs) but if I'm only getting a few things from this movie might as well be the Premium Formats. Sorry to everybody if that helps Sideshow justify higher prices but I need a Donald Duck Trooper/Kylo to put next to Vader and a classic Trooper.

Wanted to start getting star wars Premium Format Figures, but prices keep me out. Would rather get hot toys 1/4 scale figures in stead. Waiting on Vader release and Stormtrooper. Cheaper than ssc pf and more posing options. Oh well.

Dont think so .. they are same or a bit higher than Sideshows PF.

I am out. I cannot justify the price. You have to draw a line in the sand and this is mine.

It's a bummer these are so pricey. I would like an army of Stormtroopers but without switchout parts and cheaper prices I wont have any.

I love how SS sent out an email that states, "LIMITED EDITION Only 1,000 Pieces". In this industry, that's a lot. Especially when there's still a regular version that will have an even larger ES (if history repeats itself). :lol

I keep going back to it but something about the pose just seems off to me. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Same. It looks okay from the side but straight on there's something a little off putting about it. I don't know if I want to say the pose looks nerdy or feminine or what but it's something. Maybe it's supposed to be the female trooper who tells Kylo that Rey tripped an alarm in one of the hangars.

star-wars-first-order-stormtrooper-premium-format-300496-05.jpg

Pose looks fine to me, it's just that price I can't get on with. I do think some weathering would make it look less toy like however, I'm sure somebody will customise one down the line...

Back