First 4 Figures: Ganondorf Master Arts Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: First 4 Figures: Ganondorf Master Arts Statue (teaser)

Bummer indeed.
Zant EX - $350, 21"
Zant Reg - $330, 21"
Link & Epona EX - $450, 17"
Link & Epona Reg - $425, 17"

From FB it looks like Ganondorf is about 23" and I'm guessing about $500. At 23" it's not "seriously way bigger than Zant" as they exaggerate. It does however have a lot of good detail which I can see marking up the price, but they're out pricing Sideshow PFs at this point. If the EX is too expensive this might regrettably be a pass and I'll just wait and save my $ for the Link Master Arts. I really want both but Link is the one I really couldn't pass. I never even thought about passing on this but I can't go broke collecting though.

If it's over 500 I'm waiting for a regular to pop up on eBay for cheaper thank going direct with the exclusive.and 500 is to much IMO. But they do really fantastic work, and the customer service is really good. Im on the fence now

They may have shot themselves in the foot here. Not only does it sound like he is going to be quite expensive, but they also intend to have an open order policy for the first month of preorders, meaning he will not sell out. I think this was a bad choice on their part. I wonder if they will still keep the exclusive limited otherwise the regular edition will become far less numerous than the exclusive, which is rather silly.

I wish he stood on a very tall base at least as that would help justify the price. At 7.5 feet tall Ganondorf is very massive, but in 1/4 scale that translates to about 22.5 inches tall so he isn't going to tower over all 1/4 statues like he should, at least not without some help via a cool tower base or something.

They just replied saying the exclusive is also to be determined. Eek after market prices on him are probably going to plunge. Almost makes me want to hesitate.

With that being said, I feel bad now because I finally understand the reason why people in the DC threads seem to be so ____ about edition sizes. I can see why it could be important to how you think of something.

I told them time and time again that if they want to make a piece TBD that they should keep it limited to the regular... I don't mind slight increases in a edition size (although I prefer it to be the same for each piece in a line), I absolutely hate edition increases (like they did with Midna & Dark Link) and I loath TDB for the exclusive...

Yeah I don't really understand the point of an exclusive at all if it is going to have an open preorder. Might as well just make the exclusive the regular edition and charge a bit more.

Edit: Looks like the fans on FB are not too happy about this. Overall consensus is to make the exclusive limited so I think that's what F4F will do.

My overall guess is that counting the base Ganondorf will clock it at almost exactly 23 inches tall. Since this is Fat Old Man Ganondorf (Twilight Princess design) he's also fairly wide and he has a massive cape plus the sword so overall this is just a huge project. They have made it clear he will be more expensive than Link and Epona so my guess is at the very least $450 regular with $475 on the exclusive. Perhaps even $475 regular and then $500 exclusive. I don't think they will push it much further than this.

It feels pretty justified to me though. Like I said Ganondorf is a pretty tough job to handle and it looks like they did an amazing job on him. Sideshow Batman is close to this in size and that is $400. This is a smaller company but they will probably produce more of Ganondorf. With that being said, it is a Nintendo franchise and the design is complex so I think we will be getting our money's worth.

I'm glad they confirmed flex pay. Can't wait to have this piece. I know exactly where it will go too.

Last edited:

As long as they don't have a deposit necessary for order I'll be getting this.

I know it's a common practice, but it seems odd to be to go TBD on an EX.

What happens if more people order the EX than the Reg...then the Reg becomes more rare than the EX :lol

They are following the same pathetic practice that Sideshow is doing right now, but they don't understand that Sideshow is pissing customers off and they are going to be doing exactly that.

These companies have no pride, just after the dollar.

They are following the same pathetic practice that Sideshow is doing right now, but they don't understand that Sideshow is pissing customers off and they are going to be doing exactly that.

These companies have no pride, just after the dollar.

It's not about their pride or anything like that. Since when did Sideshow have totally open orders like this anyway? To my knowledge Sideshow still does cut offs to keep the exclusives actually exclusive.

It's not about their pride or anything like that. Since when did Sideshow have totally open orders like this anyway? To my knowledge Sideshow still does cut offs to keep the exclusives actually exclusive.

Sideshow has open orders right now, TBD's standing there for months and not moving. Look at Galactus and the Hulk maquette, the only reason why they have that is to make more money but it's eventually going to be doing the opposite.

Yes, these companies don't care about their customers and just want to stack their cash.

It doesn't bother me too much. It means more people can get it, and the more money they make means the more they can use to develop better products. (at least in theory:lol)

Of course I understand that it's cool to have an EX item of say...250 and I understand why it upsets people for them to practice this...but...eh.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. The products themselves are the same or even better than they used to be. They obviously care about their fans since they are giving everyone a chance to easily acquire the product. I can understand being upset about open orders, but I cannot understand people villainizing the companies as though they committed some evil act. It's not being greedy it is simply producing more to make more money up front instead of having people pay 10 times the price on the aftermarket, something that doesn't benefit anyone but the scalpers.

Once again though open regular and limited exclusive solves all problems though. Exclusive owners can rest easy at night knowing many people who wanted that statue can't have it unless they pay absurd prices while all those who wanted Ganondorf can own him in some form.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. The products themselves are the same or even better than they used to be. They obviously care about their fans since they are giving everyone a chance to easily acquire the product. I can understand being upset about open orders, but I cannot understand people villainizing the companies as though they committed some evil act. It's not being greedy it is simply producing more to make more money up front instead of having people pay 10 times the price on the aftermarket, something that doesn't benefit anyone but the scalpers.

Are you talking to me?

Which part is confusing?

I ask, because we seem to be on the same page regarding TBD. I'll try to clarify.

TBD doesn't bother me because it opens up the door for them to make more profit which they can then put back into future products to improve them...make them better etc. (not implying that their current products are bad).

But I understand why people get upset, I don't agree with them however. The irony being that the people wanting their item to be limited so no one else can have it, is just as "greedy" as a company going TBD to make more profit on an item.

Last edited:

This has nothing to do with the scalpers, unfortunately if you can't afford to save up $500 over the course of 6-12 months after the statue goes up for order you should not be in this hobby.

These are LIMITED edition statues, that is not hard to understand, these should not be made to order statues. As a limited product seller you put the price and edition size up front before asking for money.

eh pretty bummed about the open edition for about a month but i will still buy it I wonder what the edition size will end up being. I will be disappointed if it is ridiculously high but I can see the price kind of deterring people from buying it so maybe it will stay low.

Are you talking to me?

Which part is confusing?

I ask, because we seem to be on the same page regarding TBD. I'll try to clarify.

TBD doesn't bother me because it opens up the door for them to make more profit which they can then put back into future products to improve them...make them better etc. (not implying that their current products are bad).

But I understand why people get upset, I don't agree with them however. The irony being that the people wanting their item to be limited so no one else can have it, is just as "greedy" as a company going TBD to make more profit on an item.

Sorry I was referring to the Sonic guy :slap It seems that between you and I we are on the same page as far as feelings toward this decision.

This has nothing to do with the scalpers, unfortunately if you can't afford to save up $500 over the course of 6-12 months after the statue goes up for order you should not be in this hobby.

These are LIMITED edition statues, that is not hard to understand, these should not be made to order statues. As a limited product seller you put the price and edition size up front before asking for money.

This is harsh. Not everyone can afford to throw down the money you can never know what might happen. People who have the passion for collecting are those that should be in this hobby and it is as simple as that. As for limited edition, this is still limited. After a month it's all gone right? At least from my understanding that would make Ganondorf more limited in the sense that unlike with the Midna statue and many others on First 4 Figures page you would no longer be able to get Ganondorf a few months later. Maybe I misunderstand the way the open order thing will work.

It really does sound to me like you're just being greedy and trying to throw that greed back at the company. What's wrong with people who want something and can eventually pay for it being able to acquire it? Ganondorf isn't the holy grail he's a video game statue for goodness sake.

I understand what you guys are saying, but all I ask is why is it so hard for companies to stick to the selling point that made them big in the first place? Never piss off your core customers because you end up losing business.

I understand what you guys are saying, but all I ask is why is it so hard for companies to stick to the selling point that made them big in the first place? Never piss off your core customers because you end up losing business.

We're all friends here. I understand what you're trying to say too, but don't forget that this isn't all static. As they get bigger they become more popular and their skills improve. This makes their stuff higher quality but increase in labor prices and materials used means it costs more to make the same thing they made a few years prior. Combine that with the idea that more people are willing to buy their stuff and it makes sense to increase edition sizes.

I think right now they are just testing waters to see how it happens. Judging by what they said on FB their primary concern are two things

1) Sideshow, being a leader in this industry, seems to be quite successful and they have taken a liking to this business strategy. Therefore it is probably worth considering.

2) They do not want to have to increase the edition size later on, something they have done previously but always been hit with backlash either the statues not selling out or the fans going crazy.

Sounds like they want to avoid the second option and they have come to believe that the first option is the key to avoiding the second.

I think they will look at how Ganondorf sells overall and compare it with the previous 1/4 stuff to decide on an overall edition size to start sticking around. They probably want to increase edition size, but are not sure what the sweet number would be and by keeping it open it probably should give a decent estimate.

Back