Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally re-watched Serenity after completing Firefly last week and the viewing experience was definitely different. I can accept Shepherd Book's death but I'm not comfortable with Wash's.

I'm just curious who the new pilot will be when they revisit this series since it's so popular. :tap ;)

The ending of the movie seems to hint that it might be River.

I had hoped that the movie would put an end to their story arc so they can finally leave Serenity... but it didn't turn out that way. I think the arc was a good one, but I think it sort of ran it's course.

Maybe Joss has something else planned for them that would necessitate them saying on Serenity for a while. We might never know. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
The ending of the movie seems to hint that it might be River.

I had hoped that the movie would put an end to their story arc so they can finally leave Serenity... but it didn't turn out that way. I think the arc was a good one, but I think it sort of ran it's course.

Maybe Joss has something else planned for them that would necessitate them saying on Serenity for a while. We might never know. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

COnsidering the fact he wanted to make a Second film, then I guess it makes alot of sence to kave it continue on Serenity. But really, you CANT take the ship from MAl and the crew. Its there home its like a 10th character.

When I wrote "they", I meant River and Simon. I've not been a big fan of their story arc... it served the series and movie well. I thought it would be great if they moved on and found more passengers that would take them to different places. The Simon and River story arc, I believe has reached it's logical conclusion.

In NO way did I mean that Mal should leave Serenity. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Hello all! This is my first post!

I'm a recent addition to the SSC fanbase, having finally (mostly) forsaken the 3 3/4" Star Wars line now that SSC is working thier magic with the license.

Being a Firefly fan, and encouraged by willowswarlok's Zoe, I figured I'd share my "in progress" Mal. I realize he has a long way to go, but he's finally starting to look like something besides Sculpey with fingerprints so I felt like celebrating.

mal3.jpg

Any advice/critiques/comments from fellow fans would be more than welcome!

:fireworks :welcome :fireworks

Nice I can definitely see Mal in there... you know there would be a lot of interesting parties if you can make casts of a decent headsculpt :monkey5 :monkey5

Thanks!

I started this because anytime I try to costumize something, it gets made by a real company (my last custom attempt was an animated Clone Wars gunship...literally the day after I started it Hasbro released pics of thiers).

So, hopefully Sideshow will step up and embarrass me with a killer Mal figure.

That sculpt looks great so far. Can't wait to see it fiished, YoNoSe! You guys are such artists!

However, I sincerely hope that SSC aquire the license.

I can see the resemblance, good job!

And kinda off-topic, you can call me an idiot, but everytime I see Wash

wash150x200bz0.jpg

I think of this:

elfragleqx0.jpg

:D :D Am I the only one? I probably am... :rotfl

Welcome to the Board, and kudos on the awesome sculpting talents. I think a real nice likeness is starting to take shape there! It looks more like movie Mal, who seemed more angular than TV show Mal, very nice work!!!

and in response to your question olvidadero:

"I am a Fraggle on the wind, watch how I soar"

I think Alan Tudyk actually is part Fraggle.

I was working mainly off of a Movie Mal reference, but now I'm moving towards floppy hair Firefly Mal. Who knows where he'll wind up, but I'm really enjoying this head sculpting business...thanks for the feedback!!!

mal82.jpg

That is really looking awesome!! Mal is my favorite Whedonverse character and you've really captured him! I can't wait to see the finished product and would be very interested if you will be making a mold and selling him to the public!

I don't know if this is old news or not, but I just read that Nathan Fillion has been cast to appear on Lost.

Back