Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just love Firefly.

I'm still hoping that they make another series (doubtful to happen I know) or at least another movie.

Well, I bloke can dream...

Scriff

Just watching Season 7 of Buffy now - and I'm really hoping Sideshow do a Caleb (Nathan Fillion) so that I can kitbash a Malcolm Reynolds.

Well it's been over a week since I've finished with DVD one. It's funny, although I've enjoyed the first four episodes very much, I find myself finding an excuse not to watch the next episode. Since there's so few of them I don't want it to be over with so soon. With Buffy and Angel I was watching an episode or more per day, but with Firefly being so short, I'm trying to drag it out. :huh :duh

Fritz said:
Well it's been over a week since I've finished with DVD one. It's funny, although I've enjoyed the first four episodes very much, I find myself finding an excuse not to watch the next episode. Since there's so few of them I don't want it to be over with so soon. With Buffy and Angel I was watching an episode or more per day, but with Firefly being so short, I'm trying to drag it out. :huh :duh

Don't drag it out. Just go ahead and watch the whole series, wait 3 months and watch it all again. It's just as good........no, it's better the second time around, because you see and hear things that you missed the first time. My better half and I watched "The Train Job" last night for probably the fourth or fifth time and we still loved it. We may not be able to get any new episodes, but we can sure enjoy the heck out of the ones we've got.

We just watched Serenity and it was good. I am looking forward to obtaining the Firefly series and from the looks for things I will not be disappointed.

Ok someone explain to me why this show only lasted a season???

I just finished watching disc 2 and the more I watch the more I like it. It's an awesome series! :chew

no none can explain why the show didn't last long!
I'm part of the fans and I'd gladly watch another show or movie or anything...

mentionning anything, and since nobody talks about it, there is a serenity comics, written by Joss himself and Brett Mathews. This comics is the missing link between the show and the movie, telling among other thing, what happened to the "hands of blue" pair....
this comics is real cool!

concerning serenity or firefly figures, I'd go for both :D

Fritz said:
Is Kaylee just the cutest ever!!!!! She just may be my favorite character! :rock

She's hot! The episode where they flashback to her joining the crew is worth watching just for the engine room scene ;) :chew

Joss Whedon has scored the trifecta of three entirely smoking hot girls that are considered "cute" by the rest of the world because he makes them act nebbishy or tomboy-ish. Willow, Kaylee, and Fred should just roll out the heartbreakers tour!

Ok someone explain to me why this show only lasted a season???

sadly it, like most SF, entered the world with two strikes against it. a.) SF is a niche market b.) SF programming by it's very nature is more expensive then it's comedy/drama counterpart and many times as expensive as so called reality shows. a SF show has to do so much MORE in the ratings to off set it's higher production costs that it is next to imposable for shows to survive. add in fact that SF shows are often lumped together even though they have little in common and the failure of one(even if said show sucked) is seen as a failure of the whole genre. the same does not hold true for other TV archetypes. a George Lopez Show doesn't have to have the same rating numbers as a Everyone loves Raymond because it's cheaper to make then Raymond and because the the comedy market is huge. no one says we can't have another comedy, we already have one in the schedule or well Joey failed so no new comedies for a while.

Well I'm not very happy since I finished watching the final episode last night. :(

I WANT MORE!!!!!!

Interesting how the crew came together and the developement of River the last few episodes. LMAO at Wash with a moustache. :rotfl

I think I'll break down and end up getting the final battle River diorama from DST. I'd buy 12" figures but no one makes them. :stick

Something just occured to me. WHy odnt Sideshow make 'inclusive edition' figures. Then they sell as many as they make.:confused:

Why not inclusive? Because they're afraid that inclusive would be less than the run on Kurgan or D'Hoffryn. With Maul they're sure they'll do mulitiple 1000s so it makes sense.

And why didn't Firefly last more than 1/2 a season? The programmers at Fox. If it had been on the UPN or WB it would have been successful.

I dunno... I think many fellow board members are missing the point of the Inclusive Program. I might be wrong, but the Inclusive program is meant for items that have a broader appeal... so they won't exclude (i.e. piss off) a major portion of the prospective buyers. I don't think it would work for the smaller lines (i.e. Buffy, Highlander or Apes). Especially not to christen a new line like Firefly.

Take Maul, the first Inclusive figure, as a example. There was a perception before he was announced that his Exclusive Edition would sell out in record time... leaving all of the Sideshow servers fried. I think Maul's overwhelming popularity made Sideshow re-think their Exclusive Edition program. They didn't want to piss off the Star Wars collecting community by underproducing the version of the figure with that extra accessory.

You are going to see Sideshow offer item as part of an Inclusive Edition only on a rare occasion. Like Jabba... Sideshow is offering him for the VERY FIRST TIME in this scale. How many are they going to sell and how fast? I think that the program was created to calm down the frenzy that is PPO.

From my way of thinking, if the Inclusive Edtion program were to be applied to the smaller lines, it would only save the manufacturer from over producing an item... from being stuck with a bunch of unwanted product in their warehouses. However there's no insurance for manufacturer that there would be enough orders within the ordering window to actually warrant the figure's actual production.

Maybe the Inclusive program would unfortunately reveal just how small the pond of interested buyers REALLY is. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Last edited:
Also the problem with an inclusive order for a new line is that a lot of the people who would buy the figure might not be aware of its existence. Just look at Jedi Luke, Star Wars fans are pretty fanatical about collectibles and there were a lot of 1/6 collectors out in the dark when Luke came and went.

If there was an inclusive of Mal, there could be a lot of fans who might not know about his existence until the Inclusive ordering window was over. I do think that there would be enough interest though to at least get the main characters, at least one a con-variant produced, and maybe a reaver.

If you have Universal HD, they will begin showing Firefly in high definition on Sunday, September 24th.

I have never seen this show, so I plan on recording them on my HD DVR and watching them. :eek:

Protozaius said:
...the Inclusive program is meant for items that have a broader appeal...Maybe the Inclusive program would unfortunately reveal just how small the pond of interested buyers REALLY is. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2
Bingo.

wvb.jpg

Our local Target has Firefly for about $20 with tax. I picked it up on Saturday--not sure if this price is at all Targets or just the one in Chattanooga, TN.

I can't wait to watch it--I have always liked Buffy so I am sure this will be well done.

-Doctor B

Fritz said:
You convinced me I should get and watch Buffy. So I bought the boxed sets for all seven season, watched them and loved the series.

You then convinced me I should get and watch Angel if I liked Buffy. So I bought the boxed sets for all five seasons, watched them and loved the series.

I went to Best Buy yesterday and picked up Firefly for $24. More to follow...

PS. I may have asked this before but does the series (Firefly) take place before or after Serenity?

Darth Waller said:
If you have Universal HD, they will begin showing Firefly in high definition on Sunday, September 24th.

I have never seen this show, so I plan on recording them on my HD DVR and watching them. :eek:

It's a really good show. Cancelled before its time. Watch all the episodes, then watch Serenity. Great movie.

Back