1/6 FINALLY: the white Tantive IV entry hallway!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHO CAN HELP ME? IKEA BESTA INSIDE MEASUREMENTS NEEDED!
I am working on the plans for the TruScale DX version and I need your ikea Besta inside measurements Height, Width and Depth! Also deducting things like hinges and such

Thanks!
-Joost

WHO CAN HELP ME? IKEA BESTA INSIDE MEASUREMENTS NEEDED!
I am working on the plans for the TruScale DX version and I need your ikea Besta inside measurements Height, Width and Depth! Also deducting things like hinges and such

Thanks!
-Joost

Hey Joost-

This is the unit I have https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S69195726/

They are each
Depth= 14 3/4" (13" with hinges)
Hight= 2 feet or 24"
Width= 22 1/4" (21" from hinge to push opener)

Hope this helps- and good luck cant wait to see this one!!

I imagine he's going to need the following and preferably in millimeters. I'd do it myself but I do not own a Besta. Make it a game and see how good your math is :)

1 - Inside Width
2 - Inside Height
3 - Inside Depth
4 - Front of unit to Back of Hinge Base
5 - Back of Hinge Base to Back of Unit
6 - Bottom of Unit to Bottom of Hinge Base
7 - Hinge Base Height
8 - Distance between Hinge Bases
9 - Top of Upper Hinge Base to Top of Unit
10 - Width of Hinge (how much it sticks out from the sidewall)

I imagine he's going to need the following and preferably in millimeters. I'd do it myself but I do not own a Besta. Make it a game and see how good your math is :)

1 - Inside Width
2 - Inside Height
3 - Inside Depth
4 - Front of unit to Back of Hinge Base
5 - Back of Hinge Base to Back of Unit
6 - Bottom of Unit to Bottom of Hinge Base
7 - Hinge Base Height
8 - Distance between Hinge Bases
9 - Top of Upper Hinge Base to Top of Unit
10 - Width of Hinge (how much it sticks out from the sidewall)

Yikes...Then Im useless haha math was never a strong point

TANTIVE IV TRUSCALE DX DESIGN. I have procured the original Star Wars blueprints from 1976!and was able to design and draw every little detail. I hope most of it will be visible in the prototype, though some detail will be too small to produce. Check out all the details in the plans I just finished!
f5d28c78a234a0a93029639629fb23e7.jpg

3284567565558285cfb6917550bb4b11.jpg

1ff45cfeabe6f92b1c88627b53750629.jpg

220032c4f3cc9ae083b94b78f073a8a7.jpg

8c3c8d2c3cc7b6b64fad7796e27ab56d.jpg

Is this a 100 run like the others? Selling fast.

They are selling fast. I will determine edition size later. Might be more than 100. Still extremely limited of course, even I were so bold as to make the edition size 200 worldwide

I think Joost was maybe also after some real assembled Besta dimensions to determine what sort of variance there is in dimensions. Unfortunately I don't have one.....yet :)

What does a side view of this look like from outside the detolf if you don't mind me asking?

The way I have my cabinets placed I would see it from that perspective quite a bit.

If we're sure the Truescale Besta dio for the enrtyway is a go, allow me to humbly suggest that we start a new dedicated thread for it!

Sure! Go Ahead. But wouldn't people get sick of all my diorama build threads?

I personally like all the info in the one thread (Detolf/TruScale). Jazz is very good at providing updates, answering questions, responding to feedback and providing photos/video WIP's in his threads so it shouldn't be difficult to find the information you need. Just my .02.

I would like to agree. Too many threads is bad. Better to be all in one. :)

Jazz - any chance you would consider individual numbering and signing the tantive 4 tru scale version? Maybe a small plate on the side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back