1/6 FINALLY: the white Tantive IV entry hallway!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Joost. Sorry if this has been asked but can you tell me the approximate weight of the Detolf DX version. I display my figures on a floating wall shelf and weight is a factor.

Also, would it be possible to remove one sidewall of the Detolf DX and attach it to the other sidewall, rotate the whole thing 90 degrees to make a side view display of the corridor with the door on the right side, if that makes any sense.

Thanks in advance or any info.

Dear Vector,

The weight will be relatively low, because we've mixed aluminium with Perspex and Forex, so it's only around 3-4 kg. And yes, that makes total sense. You'll have to ditch the ceiling of course, because there's only one, but you can definitely just put two sidewalls side by side. Very cool idea really! Can you show me your setup of when you get it (if you choose to put in an order of course)

Dear Vector,

The weight will be relatively low, because we've mixed aluminium with Perspex and Forex, so it's only around 3-4 kg. And yes, that makes total sense. You'll have to ditch the ceiling of course, because there's only one, but you can definitely just put two sidewalls side by side. Very cool idea really! Can you show me your setup of when you get it (if you choose to put in an order of course)

He'll need a second floor piece though won't he ??

Any pics of the Truescale version of this dio yet?

No. The prototype is in the works. I expect to be done by the end of May. But if it's only a matter of deciding which version to get, I would appreciate anyone who wants to place their order either way to do so sooner rather than later so I can make a good estimate of edition size and how many more materials to order.

Thanks for all the info Joost. I wouldn't need an extra floor piece since the shelf that I am using is black but I would consider purchasing one anyway if it was offered for sale. I am also interested in seeing pictures of the budget version when the prototype is ready. I will definitely post pics of my setup if I decide to purchase a display.

Thanks very much for all of your hard work to make these displays a reality.

No. The prototype is in the works. I expect to be done by the end of May. But if it's only a matter of deciding which version to get, I would appreciate anyone who wants to place their order either way to do so sooner rather than later so I can make a good estimate of edition size and how many more materials to order.

Is there a blueprint or sketch of it to get an idea of dimensions and what will be covered in the dio (like centered on/facing the door with two shorter wall sections, or is it a sideways section with door and one longer wall?) Just trying to get a rough idea. I have Bestas, but can remove the center support to get the full cabinet width if necessary. The normal Besta cabinet is about 21" wide and maybe 15" deep on each side of center divider.

An option to buy various floor pieces would be cool, would be cool to have a floor for my detolf shelves that have pixel piper's fabric triple Banners.

Is there a blueprint or sketch of it to get an idea of dimensions and what will be covered in the dio (like centered on/facing the door with two shorter wall sections, or is it a sideways section with door and one longer wall?) Just trying to get a rough idea. I have Bestas, but can remove the center support to get the full cabinet width if necessary. The normal Besta cabinet is about 21" wide and maybe 15" deep on each side of center divider.

No blue prints to show as of yet. It's going to be the same design as the Detolf DX (centered on) but larger, deeper and more detailed. Actual 1/6 scale vs forced scale/perspective

Here are some more pictures of the work in progress and an alternative set up for the detolf deluxe version with the two walls side by side and an extra floor. Please forgive the second floor unit (which is too long. It was all I had from an older Proto type). If it were my set up, I would also use some double-sided tape between the columns of the two walls to make them look like they are one:
321356a8e8d2b0d26f69184382ecbae7.jpg

bc30197e6a8cf7711c606bd09bbf1d8a.jpg

50c8538f2a93e361d6f8ac86d5d3c945.jpg

Here are some more pictures of the work in progress and an alternative set up for the detolf deluxe version with the two walls side by side and an extra floor. Please forgive the second floor unit (which is too long. It was all I had from an older Proto type). If it were my set up, I would also use some double-sided tape between the columns of the two walls to make them look like they are one:

Awesome!! Thanks for showing this Joost. This is the exact setup that I am thinking about doing.

Awesome!! Thanks for showing this Joost. This is the exact setup that I am thinking about doing.

Thanks. Well, as you can see, that works fine. Especially with a second floor that matches the first one. I have already placed an order for 10 extra floors for people who want to expand the DX version like this

bc30197e6a8cf7711c606bd09bbf1d8a.jpg

50c8538f2a93e361d6f8ac86d5d3c945.jpg
Hi Joost, this will also come with a closed door right?

Back