Final Fantasy Collection Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up the chibi Yuffie Trading Arts. She's really cute. And Sephiroth is in no way supposed to be thought of as cute so I didn't bother with him. It's a blow to his dignity to see an adorable little wee Sephiroth.

ChibiTradingArts.jpg

Bam.

Not too much. I'm hoping they fill out the line with a Vincent, Cait Sith/mog, Red XII, Cid and Barret. They made a Sephiroth too but he is not one I'd appreciate in chibi format.

Since they won't finish the Play Arts, maybe they'll do it for Trading Arts. Luckily FFVII was on the exiting end of the chibi style FF games so they don't look too bad that way.

Well Cait Sith is designed as the most annoyingly cute character in the game so a chibi form of him seems completely natural. It's Cid and Barret that will look comical.

Does anyone know if fake FF7 kotobukiya figures were made? I believe I may have purchased one.....grrrr. Wish I could post a picture but I'm out of town right now.

-Chris

I've never seen FFVII Kotobukiyas and I check eBay regularly for FFVII stuff, particularly Cloud Strife.

Speaking of which, I don't think this will ever sell:
Clicky.
That seller should just burn it.

there are some statues but i cant remember what company made them. saw the pictures awhile back from someone collection.

OH! They ARE Kotobukiya! I totally spaced because they're pretty crappy statues and I expect better of that company. I have Cloud and Cloud on his motorcycle. And I HAVE seen bootlegs of Cloud on eBay many times.

I apologize for spacing out. If Vincent and the second Tifa (the one leaning over) were also done by Koto obviously they improved in quality. The ones I know that they did are Cloud, Sephiroth, Yuffie, Tifa (standing upright), and Aeris, as well as Cloud w/ Hardy Daytona and none of them are very impressive (though they were at the time they came out simply because they were all we had of FFVII).

I have Vincent so I'd love to get that second Tifa, her likeness is spot-on Tetsuya.

OH! They ARE Kotobukiya! I totally spaced because they're pretty crappy statues and I expect better of that company. I have Cloud and Cloud on his motorcycle. And I HAVE seen bootlegs of Cloud on eBay many times.

I apologize for spacing out. If Vincent and the second Tifa (the one leaning over) were also done by Koto obviously they improved in quality. The ones I know that they did are Cloud, Sephiroth, Yuffie, Tifa (standing upright), and Aeris, as well as Cloud w/ Hardy Daytona and none of them are very impressive (though they were at the time they came out simply because they were all we had of FFVII).

I have Vincent so I'd love to get that second Tifa, her likeness is spot-on Tetsuya.

You're spot on. Can u post pictures of your cloud w/ base and the box so I can compare? I knew the quality wasn't good but mine looks horrible.

Mine has a different box and base. I know they had two editions of the same figure. Is yours resin or vinyl? Oh well mine was only $25 for what appears to be a fake.

Edit: Nevermind I just read the "cold-cast resin" on your box.

Motorcycle Cloud came out much better than the one I posted. But they're still overpriced crap compared to the Play Arts figures.

Anybody have the 1/4 scale Cloud and Sephiroth from Advent Children? I forgot the company who made them, but they're basically like SS's Premium Formats, with real cloth, and Sephiroth's coat was leather I believe.

I would love to see pics!

If Vincent and the second Tifa (the one leaning over) were also done by Koto obviously they improved in quality.

The second tifa was done by Koto, and it's at a different scale than the other statues (she's at 1/7th scale, and I believe all the others are at 1/8).

I'll try and post a pic comparison later... my camera's been acting funny recently.

Back