Figuremaster Les' FIGURE Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MORE STUFF!

badboys1.jpg

Any exact recipe for what you're doing with your Hasbro Grievous?
I really liked what C-phan did with his and I'm very interested in customizing mine-- love to pick your brain if a certain technique is being successful.:D

Any exact recipe for what you're doing with your Hasbro Grievous?
I really liked what C-phan did with his and I'm very interested in customizing mine-- love to pick your brain if a certain technique is being successful.:D

I am about halfway done with him.
I did a couple of things. I got a stand and arranged it so that would hold him in a more character based crouched position, and am repainting him head to toe. Complete repaint. Plus, I doubt I will pose him ever with all four blades out, so I just want him walking. My favorite image of him ever is when he walks off that shuttle and down the ramp, like a mechanized Nosferatu. He is awesome, I just wish the toy was more in proper 1/6 scale.
If Medicom or SS or anyone ever makes a better posable one, you can bet he's grabbed.

I'll try to get all the closeups everyone is asking for soon. Greivous too.
Then I can explain him better.

Fantastic collecion Les, I could spend a happy week looking and pawing over your figures, proberbly wouldn't be enough time though. Love the 20,000 leagues collection, and that dog alien is an absolute work of art!

Fantastic collecion Les, I could spend a happy week looking and pawing over your figures, proberbly wouldn't be enough time though. Love the 20,000 leagues collection, and that dog alien is an absolute work of art!

Thanks Wook. I spent a LONG time on that A3. Long time.
I can admit this now, since I have long since lost the images emailed to me, (due to my computer harddrive loss a few weeks back), but, someone, un-named, that I cannot mention, sent me some FANTASTIC closeup shots of the full scale and puppet A3s.
So, I had some wicked access to paintup information there. Had some for the AR one too, but lost them before I could get to it. I have the Tsukuda kit of it also. Great figure! I'll manage it though. Some day.

Anyway, that A3 is a prize. Cost me enough. And I spent the better part of a month on him. That thing has wicked detail! I hope mine reflects that somewhat. The original is amazing. May be a tie with the original for my favorite Alien. Still love Giger's best.

Oh, and if you ever come through South Georgia....you are welcome indeed!

I am about halfway done with him.
I did a couple of things. I got a stand and arranged it so that would hold him in a more character based crouched position, and am repainting him head to toe. Complete repaint. Plus, I doubt I will pose him ever with all four blades out, so I just want him walking. My favorite image of him ever is when he walks off that shuttle and down the ramp, like a mechanized Nosferatu. He is awesome, I just wish the toy was more in proper 1/6 scale.
If Medicom or SS or anyone ever makes a better posable one, you can bet he's grabbed.

I'll try to get all the closeups everyone is asking for soon. Greivous too.
Then I can explain him better.

Thanks... and that's my favourite scene of Grievous as well--- a very nice homage to the classic horror that I'm sure Lucas enjoyed as a child.

Thanks Wook. I spent a LONG time on that A3. Long time.
I can admit this now, since I have long since lost the images emailed to me, (due to my computer harddrive loss a few weeks back), but, someone, un-named, that I cannot mention, sent me some FANTASTIC closeup shots of the full scale and puppet A3s.
So, I had some wicked access to paintup information there. Had some for the AR one too, but lost them before I could get to it. I have the Tsukuda kit of it also. Great figure! I'll manage it though. Some day.

Anyway, that A3 is a prize. Cost me enough. And I spent the better part of a month on him. That thing has wicked detail! I hope mine reflects that somewhat. The original is amazing. May be a tie with the original for my favorite Alien. Still love Giger's best.

Oh, and if you ever come through South Georgia....you are welcome indeed!

Well you can really see the love that has gone into that beast, the things nearly alive. I just scored the Tsukuda Newborn from A:R on eBay for a steal (£15), not my favourite design from the series but it'll look great with the HT stuff till they get round to doing it. I'll post some pics when it arrives, do you have it?
I haven't visited the U.S since 98, and with 2 kids and a mortgage it's not something on my radar, but if I ever get as far as South Geogia you can put the kettle on.
Sorry to hear about your hard drive, same thing happened to me about five months ago but a Mac wizard managed to retrieve everything for me, I now have a 500 GB external harddrive that backs up on auto thank god!

OK! :D
Here is the first (badly shot and rushed!) VIDEO look at my collection!
Some of it anyway!

MY STUFF PT 1

Better lit and more detailed vids to come. This was only a test anyway.:D

Enjoy! (What you can see!)

Nice vid "deep-voice Les" :lol

When you have time get some nice vids focusing on your Aliens, Star Wars, and your Bonds. Just incredible. I kept hitting the pause button to get a good look at them. :rock

Awesome videos Les, I can never get enough of your antics bro. :rock

Now I need a camera too... :monkey2

Just think, January!! Les, Josh and P!tu invade the FX Show! Sounds like an old B movie. I'm sure the video will not disappoint. :lol

EXCELLENT vid Les! :chew

It's always good to hear the voice of someone you know. You sound different to how I expected. The strange thing about only seeing a picture!

Keep up the good work. You're a top guy!!! :chew

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Nice to hear the voice of the man responsible for the coolest figs in my collecton.I marvel at them daily.

Btw did I miss where you were taking more commission work?I just read you were no longer accepting it till maybe January.

I know there's no newsletter or anything, but I'm in need of your services.

:monkey2

Also, here is some closer detail shots...
My 10th Doctor and Martha Jones
My10thDocset.jpg

I love that coat!! Where did you get it? Or how did you make? I am dieing to get my Doctor a brown coat.

Thank,

Brad

Hey, Les! Thanks for sharing your collection with us via video. Unfortunately, the video doesn't do your figures justice. We all know how awesome they are but the video's too dark to see all the detail you put into them. The best part of the video is the narration.... I can't get over that sexy deep voice of yours. Hmmm? I'm starting to sound like Pixletwin. :D

I look forward to seeing more videos of the Adorable One and your custom collection.

NOTE: Just want to make a note that I'm female....just in case other board members started to wonder about me.

:lol:rotfl:lol
"The adorable one!" :lol I'll see what my family thinks about that! :D

Thanks though. You are too sweet! :eek:

I know that video is too dark. It is really just a test one. I did it on the fly, as it were. I have plans to shoot stuff in small groups, WELL LIT, and with more informative narration

Anyway, addressing the notion of Me, Josh and P!TU hanging out, I must say, I can't wait! :lol I bet that rascal P!TU will keep us in stitches. I could use it anyway, as it has been so serious around the home lately.
As for a vid from that, now THAT will be interesting! It will have to be a P!TU-Vision though, I am not prepared to host what hijinks may ensue in my vids. I run a respectable place! :monkey3

As for that coat for my 10th Doc, for the moment, that is my secret, but I will divulge that info soon, I promise! I am sure the person that helped me out will help you or anyone else out later if possible. (I got 'em booked for a while!) I am just not free to speak for them yet.

And Orbiting, email me, and let me know what you need. I MAY can fit it in. But it had better be good! :cool

Thanks all, and look for more pics and vids soon. I have LOT more I want to show of my collection. :rock

This video is so cool!
Your deep voice was also the first thing I noticed (american accent Connery)

Keep filming, keep posting :)

Great vid, can't wait to see the 'small group' special features with some stronger lighting.
As for the voice, took me back to my mums old Gentleman Jim Reeves records, thats quite the barritone you have there.

Back