Figure of the Year 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure of the year should be an a:exactly:ctual figure right...? Vehicles are vehicles and statues are statues...

Yeah, I tried squeezing the Delorean in but they were having none of it. :lol
Seriously needed a poll though this thread.

I would go for the Reg Batman from BvS, its got a weird oversized @ss like KK but everything else is superb.

You can vote for the Delorean in the Collectible/Prop/Statue of the Year 2016 thread: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...c-/177483-statue-collectible-prop-2016-a.html

With regards to the poll, I'm glad that there wasn't one made, the forum limits the choices in a poll and looking at the diversity of votes, we couldn't possibly cover them all, so instead of voting on your own opinions you'd actually be voting on a set list of figures

Figure of the Year Poll:
Hot Toys Batman Vs Superman: Batman 11
QMX Star Trek: Captain Kirk 7
Hot Toys Deadpool 5
NECA TMNT Donatello 5
Hot Toys Ant-Man 5
Hot Toys Star Wars Rey & BB8 4
Worldbox Resident Evil: Nemesis 3
Hot Toys Star Wars: Sandtrooper 2
Hot Toys Iron Man 2: War Machine MK1 Diecast 3
VTS Wasteland Ranger 2
NECA Aliens: Vasquez 2
Hot Toys Batman Vs Superman: Armored Batman 1
Hot Toys Civil War: Battling Captain America 1
Hot Toys BvsS Black Chrome Armored Batman 1
ThreeA Transformers: Optimus Prime 1
Asmus LOTR: Mouth of Sauron 1
NECA Alien 3 Ripley 1
Hot Toys Star Wars: Obi Wan 1
Hot Toys Terminator Genysis: T-800 Guardian 1
QMX Star Trek Spock 1
Hot Toys Iron Man MK45 1
Hot Toys Star Wars Boba Fett 1
Blitzway Fight Club Tyler Durden 1
Sideshow Collectibles Darth Maul 1
Star Ace Underworld Selene 1
Hot Toys Batman Vs Superman: Knightmare Batman 1

Yeah, I tried squeezing the Delorean in but they were having none of it. :lol
Seriously needed a poll though this thread.

I would go for the Reg Batman from BvS, its got a weird oversized @ss like KK but everything else is superb.

Some so called celebrities seem to make a living out of having a weird oversized @ss these days. :lol

I'm going to go with the QMX Captain Kirk.

Of things that actually came out this year, I think I've only picked up Kirk, Spock, VTS Wasteland Ranger, and NECA's 1/4 Donatello. I love them all but the Trek figures just make me feel good! Also, Kirk has a stronger likeness than Spock, so that's my personal winner.

Kirk is great and right up there- my vote still goes to Armored Batman edging out regular Bats. Such a huge, impressive figure with ultimate presence...

Kirk is great and right up there- my vote still goes to Armored Batman edging out regular Bats. Such a huge, impressive figure with ultimate presence...
Oh really? I was looking at the armored Batman recently. Do you think the Black Chrome would have more or less presence than the standard?

Takara's Transformers Masterpiece Inferno.

I would've voted NECA's Donny, but I actually got him two days ago, 2017.

Last edited:
I like the idea of separate threads, the a winners circle between all the winners. Then we could square those off for Collectable of the Year.

Nice to see VTS Wasteland ranger showing up as part of folks lists......for the price, the quality and over detail.....it deserves the Honorable Mention prize for sure..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh really? I was looking at the armored Batman recently. Do you think the Black Chrome would have more or less presence than the standard?

Regular Armored Bats is the one to go for- looks like metal with a nice subtle sheen. BC us great too but if you get one the regular is the best

I don't have it, but the Neca Donatello sure looks sweet. And the low price makes it twice as nice.

I jumped on the Mondo TMNT line. I'm happy with the first release, but it's no figure of the year. My figure of the year is either the Hot Toys Delorean (if vehicles are allowed).

Or, if not, the Hot Toys Pepper Potts and Mark IX 2 pack. I'm not sure if it came out this year, but I bought it this year. I have a lot of IM. This, Mark I and Monger are my faves.

Okay I had previously voted for VTS Wasteland Ranger but now have to revise my vote to an even tie between the VTS Wasteland Ranger and Blitzway's Tyler Durden (red jacket version)! My figure arrived yesterday and it is a masterpiece!!!!

I have to go with Neca Donatello.. For a mass produced figure at 1/4 scale getting this much praise and a dead on sculpt.. gotta be. Price doesn't always mean quality.. refreshing

Back