Figure of the Year 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA 1/4 Scale 1990 TMNT Movie Donatello. This figure has amazing sculpt, good articulation, and is very inexpensive for the quality.
Value has to be taken into consideration
This figure is 1/3-1/2 the cost of the competitors and is epic

Looking forward to what this year brings. I'm obsessed with someone - anyone - getting the Blade Runner 82 license, something I'm convinced NECA has and will announce at Toyfair.

Updated List:

***I've seen a few people suggest that this become a collectible thread, which would open it up to statues, vehicles, and pretty much anything, I think its a cool idea, if Xipotec wants to change the thread title to 'Collectible of the Year' and if we can bug the mods to pin this to the statue and general collectibles boards we can get more votes and choices. Totally optional, I don't mind keeping it just figures***

Figure of the Year Poll:
Hot Toys Batman Vs Superman: Batman 11
QMX Star Trek: Captain Kirk 7
Hot Toys Deadpool 5
NECA TMNT Donatello 5
Hot Toys Ant-Man 5
Hot Toys Star Wars Rey & BB8 4
Worldbox Resident Evil: Nemesis 3
Hot Toys Star Wars: Sandtrooper 2
Hot Toys Iron Man 2: War Machine MK1 Diecast 3
VTS Wasteland Ranger 2
NECA Aliens: Vasquez 2
Hot Toys Batman Vs Superman: Armored Batman 1
Hot Toys Civil War: Battling Captain America 1
Hot Toys BvsS Black Chrome Armored Batman 1
ThreeA Transformers: Optimus Prime 1
Asmus LOTR: Mouth of Sauron 1
NECA Alien 3 Ripley 1
Hot Toys Star Wars: Obi Wan 1
Hot Toys Terminator Genysis: T-800 Guardian 1
QMX Star Trek Spock 1
Hot Toys Iron Man MK45 1
Hot Toys Star Wars Boba Fett 1
Blitzway Fight Club Tyler Durden 1
Sideshow Collectibles Darth Maul 1
Star Ace Underworld Selene 1
Hot Toys Batman Vs Superman: Knightmare Batman 1

Full list of selected figures: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177362&p=9047656&viewfull=1#post9047656

Alex for Toys&Stuff :wave
Instagram: @toyssandstuff
Tumblr: toysandstuff.tumblr.com

So yeah, i didn't get my Blitzway Durden until 2017...

I'm still gonna stick with Ant-man because i love the design more than anything and it's a fantastic figure but this right here (looks down) is Tyler freaKin Durden. Still.. it say a lot when a figure from a movie i don't love/only merely like takes the top spot. Especially when i'm not even that into Marvel.

Surprised there aren't any votes for Knightmare Batman. That figure also kills. Too niche perhaps?

And then there's Armored Batman..

Maybe the Batman's just cancel each other out, all 3 are FOTY worthy.

Rey and BB8 is another great choice.

Deadpool..

It's hard just picking 1.

Yes HT Batman superb but right now I think Armored Bats is the most stunning presence on display- plus we will get more Batmans from HT but not this armored one...

Looking forward to what this year brings. I'm obsessed with someone - anyone - getting the Blade Runner 82 license, something I'm convinced NECA has and will announce at Toyfair.

Ht won't touch BR but yes I'm really hoping Blitzway or someone else will do figures....

We can only vote for figures we bought so this kinda vote is always flawed. Of figures I didn't get I'd agree the NECA Donatello represents amazing value but only if you are in the USA. A lot of collectors aren't so this figure is sadly out of reach for many of us.

As predicted Batman V Superman is walking away with Figure of the Year consensus! Makes perfect sense...this was my number one until I opened up my Wasteland Ranger on Christmas Day which edged it out...

I'm going to nominate a figure nobody has touched on yet...

ThreeZero's Guts from the Berserk Series.

This was huge for me, as Berserk is my favorite manga of all time. ThreeZero knocked it out of the park with a lifelike interpretation of a manga character, with such detailed weathering and craftsmanship of his armor and clothing. The headsculpts are awesome and he has so much shelf presence that I can't help but stop and admire him every time I walk by. If any of you guys love Berserk, I urge you to pick it up. And if you're unfamiliar with the series, I urge you to give it a read. It's not for the faint of heart, but underneath the horrific exterior is an absolutely gripping story about bonds and fate, with some of the most insanely detailed artwork I've ever seen in a manga. Every frame is delicately produced with care by the author, Kentaro Miura.

I've already paid for ThreeZero's next offering, Skull Knight, and will likely purchase every figure from this line.

I copied my post from the Berserk thread for all the pics. Sorry about the orientation of the pics. If anybody can fix them, that would be greatly appreciated.

I really love this figure.

Maybe it would be cool to have a separate thread just for statues and vehicles n crap.....

I think once you add those all together it kinda makes for too many possible winners?

Your call Brainiac, thanks for keeping up with the count...work has been a ***** and kicking my ass this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah.....c'mon. lol
giphy.gif

Maybe it would be cool to have a separate thread just for statues and vehicles n crap.....

I think once you add those all together it kinda makes for too many possible winners?

Your call Brainiac, thanks for keeping up with the count...work has been a ***** and kicking my ass this week.

Hmm yes good idea, that way it can just be two separate threads in each section :lecture I'll make the other one and then talk to the mods about getting a Collectible of the year thing going permanently since its been on and off for a while

I like Mikey's idea of having different categories, which reminds me isn't there supposed to be a freaks awards thing or something? :dunno

You're welcome :duff and no worries, I don't mind. Thank you for making the thread it's been fun so far :hi5:

Figure of the year should be an actual figure right...? Vehicles are vehicles and statues are statues...

Back