Figure of the Year 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all that Hot Toys released this year I think it is amazing that Blitzway and VTS both snagged spots in the top 10!

With all that Hot Toys released this year I think it is amazing that Blitzway and VTS both snagged spots in the top 10!

Yuuup! Also...Neca Donny and QMX Kirk 2nd and 3rd is impressive. Good to see other company other then HT on this list.

Quality not quantity. I'm far more interested in other companies now. I can trust HT to churn out the same stuff so no surprises there. I feel more nostalgia and hype for a new figure of Sean Connery and the new level of quality Threezero have reached with their likenesses than anything HT put out in the last 2 years.

It's the possibilities that are exciting. The uncertainty rather than the certainty.

:exactly:
Quality not quantity. I'm far more interested in other companies now. I can trust HT to churn out the same stuff so no surprises there. I feel more nostalgia and hype for a new figure of Sean Connery and the new level of quality Threezero have reached with their likenesses than anything HT put out in the last 2 years.

It's the possibilities that are exciting. The uncertainty rather than the certainty.

Alternate Fact:

This is really a compliment to Hot Toys. They have reached such a level of success that the other companies have to grasp for smaller less fabulous (and lame) licenses so they don't have to directly compete with Hot Toys. BTW, Sean Connery is overrated and washed up.

:monkey1

Last edited:
Alternate Fact:

This is really a compliment to Hot Toys. They have reached such a level of success that the other companies have to grasp for smaller less fabulous (and lame) licenses so that don't have to directly compete with Hot Toys. BTW, Sean Connery is overrated and washed up.

:monkey1

The original and best Bond, one that defines the role and continues to do 55 years later is overrated?
166.gif

As for washed up, you're wrong again. He's been retired for years. Give him a break. He's done his bit for King and country.

I presume it's a problem with Bruce Willis. Surely even Hot 'Current Blockbusters or GTFO' Toys has tried to get that license at some point in the past.

Tyler Durden is well done, but people only likes pop corn cinema, avengers, batman, etc...the figure is going down in prices on ebay lol. And obviously is a great figure, but there are a few collectors that really likes good cinema

Back