Figure 王 (King) Feature on Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT is doing a product bible (Hardcover may be?) and should be ready for the tokyo show, hopefully I can get one.

I am most interested in the different body types. I hope they are all made available separately. Listen up, Hot Toys!

Last edited:
Nope, new lineup will be reveals at the Tokyo show I guess. (Superman?)

Those TT are nothing new, it just show how many different type of TT they had developed in the past and the Hell Boy rubber body is missing.

Love the MMS image checklist!

Anyone know what character is at #139?

Her (?) back is turned (only figure to be so) and that number has not yet been revealed, as of late November 2010.

Love the MMS image checklist!

Anyone know what character is at #139?

Her (?) back is turned (only figure to be so) and that number has not yet been revealed, as of late November 2010.

Okay, so it's a Resident Evil Milla Jovovich scuplt.

YAWN

fk_041.jpg

That Tony Stark is amazing!!!!

I'm curious about the predator, I know boring but would anyone be able to translate if it was just another AvP one or there on take on one?

I'm curious about the predator, I know boring but would anyone be able to translate if it was just another AvP one or there on take on one?

It doesn't say what Predator/AVP property it's from, just that it was a 8 inch Predator figure that was cancelled for various reasons.

Here’s a very quick translation of the first couple of pages. Note that I’m doing more of a literal translation and some of the literal translations into English sound a bit funny. It's taking longer and hurting my eyes as the type is still a bit blurry (and small).

Cover:

Top line of cover states that a Figure King “Original Version” Hot Toys Iron Man Mk 6 is available for mail order through the magazine.

Main title:

Hot Toys
“Total Efforts Special Edition”
Creating a Sensation (lit: Hot Wind) in the Figure Scene
Hot Toys Premiere

Pg. 9

Hot Toys Premiere
From Super Epic Movies to Video Games, Anime and Manga, turning various characters into figure form, a maker (company) that can boast of worldwide popularity, and especially/all-along in Japan.

In particular, their 1/6 articulated figures (Movie Masterpiece Series), with accurate sculpts and delicate/minute paint apps and are acquired/collected by many fans both within and outside of the industry, are the flagship item of this company.

This magazine/edition will commence on this note with a detailed investigation/clarification of Hot Toys’ products and at the same time give attention to the staff that created these products.

We welcome (celebrate) their 10 year anniversary with this large edition/volume/collection (magazine) and will share/impart everything about Hot Toys.

Pg. 11

Regardless whether its human (characters), mecha, creatures or genre, the company Hot Toys that brings out diverse products with high quality that surpasses/exceeds common knowledge/sense (??) finally welcomes its 10th year anniversary. How have the people who bring us these figures become recognized worldwide and be loved? Let’s look at the 10 year journey.

The paragraph then goes into how HT really revolutionized the 1/6 figure world, and how in such short time (10 years) they established their brand image (not an easy task). For this to happen, a key member with passion was needed. Enter Howard Chan, who had a love of figures and was a manager at a toy store. He was dissatisfied with the existing figures and founded HT in Hong Kong 2000 to produce figures. It talks a bit about the early military figures (special ops, pilots) and the detailed gear and accessories (also mentions development of early Truetype nude), and his collaboration with HK designers (Brothers Free) – HT’s first licensed products – and that part of their business took off shortly after. 2004 had HT’s 1/20 scale snap kits fro AVP – released in 2005 and the first step for HT’s character –based items. That year also saw the launch of the Movie Masterpiece Series, with the first item the T800 BD and Kyle Reese from The Terminator. Also figure gods Yulli and JC Hong joined HT, building on HT’s foundation. Mention is made of non-1/6 – including the Russian doll inspired Chubbies, statutes (Diorama Masterpiece Series) and child cosplay inspired Cosbabies (never made the cosplay connection until now). It then talks about HT’s expansion in the Japanese market and the opening of the Japanese subisidary/office and Frank (HT Japan’s President), who brings retail experience. The article then talk about other lines, including VG Masterpiece, Anime Masterpiece, ¼ busts, M-Icon (for “charismatic superstars”), and Movie Masterpiece Vinyl. A little fluff at the end and brief mention of “deep” interviews with four of the key HT members.

Pg. 12

Arrival of the 1/6 Figure Renaissance

Skills/technique hidden in the 1/6 body.

Basically talks about HT’s 1/6 bodies, how HT uses the 30 cm size that is standard. A little history on 1/6 is given, including Hasbro and GI Joe, it’s introduction into Japan and Takara’s development of 1/6, Henshin Cyborg, TV heroes, Ultraman, Kamen Rider etc. Mention is made of the change in Japan with die cast figures, and the gradual decrease in size away from 1/6. However in the 90’s, during the increase/pick up in nostalgia for characters and toys, there was attention for 1/6 figures and it made a comeback. The figure boom continues today with high quality/high end figures.

I may try to keep going but understanding what's written and actually putting into English are two very differen things! Perhaps if any of you have questions you can just post the relevant sections/pages and myself or EighthSamurai can help out. Also, a lot of this stuff is nothing new and there's a lot of fluff.

On the last page of their figure lineup, what figure is that by the Expendables Barney Ross and the Demon Bat's?

Can't recall seeing that one yet.....

Back