Fight Night Round 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like round 4 very much... great boxing game. i finished my legacy career too and now i would love to fight with my boxer in the quick-fight modus ... is that possible? cause i dont find my boxer in the list :(

could anyone help out?

i like round 4 very much... great boxing game. i finished my legacy career too and now i would love to fight with my boxer in the quick-fight modus ... is that possible? cause i dont find my boxer in the list :(

could anyone help out?

Did you chose the right weight class? Also not sure since I used Sugar Ray in my legacy run through but you might need to make a boxer for online mode only.

yeah ... i looked at all weight classes and my legacy boxer isnt anywhere ... well ... i guess they dont put it in this game ... in round 3 it worked.

Fight Night Round 4 Button Controlled Punching Coming September
Written Tuesday, July 07, 2009 by Dan Webb

Kotaku are reporting that EA will be releasing their button mapped punching controls for their well received Fight Night Round 4, this coming September.

One of our few complaints about the hugely impressive Fight Night Round 4 was the inability to choose to control the punching mechanism with the face buttons but thankfully they are looking to rectify that now.

"We strongly believe that the refined Total Punch Control is the most intuitive way to throw punches in Fight Night Round 4," the game's senior producer, Dean Richards, stated, "but we also want fans of the franchise to have an option."

For all those cynics out there who doubted otherwise, the downloadable content (I suppose it's more of a patch) will be free to download as well.

In addition to the September button mapping content, EA also announced that there will be another free update this coming August. The August content is set to feature a new gym, "new gameplay sliders" and new gear with an alternate version of Sugar Ray Leonard coming exclusively to the Xbox 360.

I have a feeling that EA may see a slight boost in sales for the title this coming September. Free content is always welcomed, right?

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3097-Fight-Night-Round-4-Button-Controlled-Punching-Coming-September.html

I love this game but have an issue, I have both the 360 and PS3 and decided to get it for the PS3.

here is the issue and don't know if it has been mentioned, did a search but nothing came up so I'm gonna ask. Has anyone playing this game had there console 360 or PS3 freeze up on them while playing the game, not necessarily during a fight but at anytime and then there console overheats??

here is another board descrbing what i'm talking about.

https://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/315/248706.page

I have always had ZERO probs with the PS3, i take this game home and if you play it for anytime more then 30 mins it freezes and cause the system to overheat and throws an error code. appaently according to the link it's a known and common issue.

Has this happened to anyone??

Wow, I haven't had this issue. I also have it for the 360 as well and the PS3. The only difference I notice that drives me nuts is how much longer it takes to simulate the passage of the dates on the PS3. On the 360, the time fly's by, but on the PS3, it goes so slowly......

great game by the looks of things, i think i might custom build a mike tyson 12" figure to go with the other project im doing with a 12" custom sonny liston being built. hope it goes well :rock

Last edited:
I can't believe the button punching isn't come out till September, it can't take them that long to get it out. By the time it does come out I'll probably be done with the game and it'll be on the way back to Gamefly. Figures.

Wow, I haven't had this issue. I also have it for the 360 as well and the PS3. The only difference I notice that drives me nuts is how much longer it takes to simulate the passage of the dates on the PS3. On the 360, the time fly's by, but on the PS3, it goes so slowly......

At first i thought it was freezing because it was overheating because i had it in a cabinet but then realized i've played a ton of other games before this one and never had an issue. Once i researched and noticed this was an issue with the game I brought it back right away!!

Last night i tried to watch a rented Blu ray and it would only play for 10 mins and then freeze and then i would eject but it was a painful process, had to hard reset it a few times, everytime after that it would freeze 30 seconds into the movie so i gave up.

I tried a different Blu ray that i owned and it played no prob, so i tried another movie i had rented that was just a SD DVD and watched the whole thing, no skips, no freezing....I'm just confused now, maybe it was just another bad disc i rented.

Needless to say I'm not going near FNR4 ever again.....pity too cause it is a good game!

I think it was just a bad disc. Delete the saved data and try another copy of the game.

No it wasn't, would have been nice if it was but i can't play any discs for more then 10 mins on a first try, eject after first freeze and try again it only lasts two mins.

I googled the ^^^^ out of this issue and it's pretty common, nothing brings it back to normal, not deleting the files, not re-installing the OS....NOTHING....I gotta send it back to Sony and they will fix it for $150 because it's outside of the factory warranty, it takes 5-7 days for there box (to ship it out to them) to get to you, and then about a week to 10 days for them to get around to fixing it, and then they send it back....screw it I'll buy a new one with the bigger hard drive and save myself the headache and buy a warranty this time around!

Last edited:
I said i wasn`t gonna buy it because they didn`t include the button punching controls,but i bought it last night,and you guys were right,the analog stick is not hard to master once you get used to it.I Like this game,allthough the Legacy mode is rather boring and the training is damn hard so i just Auto-Train.

Does a USB stick with pics work in create mode?It says you need a USB cam but i read you can upload pics at ea.com and use those in the game,how does that work?

Goto: https://www.easportsworld.com/en_US
add the Photo Game Face Widget and you can upload any picture you have on your computer.

Back