Fertility Idol prop replica--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and ordered it anyway. 15,000+ rewards Points were burning a hole in my virtual wallet anyway. ;)

Yeah, I saw that in the video. I was worried at first the Idol was stuck to the base too. Thank God it isn't because that WOULD stink!

I also heard the SideShow guy in the video mention it was plated yet the official description on their site says this...

"Each piece is individually painted and finished to exacting standards, each with its own unique quality and detail that..."

Now how can it be painted and plated?

Unless the description means that each base is hand painted? It is rather vague because it doesn't specifically say each Idol is hand painted.....It says each "piece"....

I hope SideShow releases a little bit more info to clear up some of the confusion.

I'd think they mean the base is handpainted. That would make more sense.

Yeah, except the actual sentence is:

Sitting atop a themed idol chamber display base, each piece is individually painted and finished to exacting standards...

So they're not talking about the base. I still maintain that it'll be like the 1:1 C-3PO. It'll have some metal plating, but also some paint on top of it.

So they're not talking about the base. I still maintain that it'll be like the 1:1 C-3PO. It'll have some metal plating, but also some paint on top of it.

Could be poor wording on their part. They might consider idol+base as an individual "piece".

At any rate, I'm hopeful each idol will actually look metallic and shiny, and not like the 1/6 scale Ark. As long as that's true and the base doesn't look like some ultra-cheap piece of plastic, I'm looking forward to getting one.

Thanks for the heads up. I placed my order and now hoping for the best.:whip

Talked to my friends rep and she found that it was sculpted by Matt Falls and that it is made of polystone and will be vacuplated.

Sounds good to me. By the way, I find it funny that many people on Statue Forum were complaining that the price was too high, while some people here were saying that it was too low to be a good replica. :lol

Sounds good to me. By the way, I find it funny that many people on Statue Forum were complaining that the price was too high, while some people here were saying that it was too low to be a good replica. :lol

I think it is pretty damn low compared to the $600 to get the top of the line hand made ones that are sold at Club Obi Wan.

I think it is pretty damn low compared to the $600 to get the top of the line hand made ones that are sold at Club Obi Wan.

$450 for the first run of those, they went up for the 2nd. BUt they were done using the same proccess and company that did the origianl.

$450 for the first run of those, they went up for the 2nd. BUt they were done using the same proccess and company that did the origianl.

Gotcha, I would probably have gotten down on one of those if I was around when they were $450. That is a damn good price. I am hoping because SSC can make them cheaper than this one turns out amazing for the price.

I'm surprised the price is this low... I was thinking the base would really drive up the price. I'm very interested in this, but having just put the Vader bust on order I'm a bit gun shy on adding any other big pieces until I get a better idea of whats coming and when.

I've noticed that most of the time when it says "Prototype: Pending Approval" that the final items never look anything different than what's originally shown.

So, I know there are some around that want to see some changes made to the Idol before it ships but I'm seriously doubting any alterations will occur. What you see is what you get. ;)

I've noticed that most of the time when it says "Prototype: Pending Approval" that the final items never look anything different than what's originally shown.

So, I know there are some around that want to see some changes made to the Idol before it ships but I'm seriously doubting any alterations will occur. What you see is what you get. ;)

Ummm, did you SEE the prototype Toht glasses vs the production Toht glasses?

What you see is not always what you get.

:lol I was just about to bring up Toht and of course the Ark....which was shiny in proto and looks to be more flat in production.

Sometimes there are changes when you have the "pending approval" but generally not... as they don't tend to show stuff that early in prototype phase.

But of course the final product can always have some variations, especially when its a painted piece or fabric is involved. This one should be fairly safe as long as they use the vac metal to get the gold color.

Back