Fertility Idol prop replica--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we'd better just hope it stays "as is"......any further muddling around with it by having the fans suggest they need to change it will only end up making it worse....

And, yes....that's the point I was trying to make the firs time around. It either stays the same or gets worse.

Heavy? How heavy??? :confused:

I'd like it to have some weight to it but I don't want to feel like I'm carrying a lead ball around.

Seriously, how could anyone be upset about a solid prop replica? Seems much less likely to sustain damage that way.

Too bad when you lift him the center of the base doesn't sink into itself :lol

You beat me to it.

Imagine if there was some type of magnet at the bottom of the statue and the top of the base, whereas the statue "held up" the center part of the base. When one removes the statue, the base would no longer be held up by the magnet in the statue and it would then slowly slide down into the main base. That would certainly be doable.

Throw in a sound chip of that stone grinding sound when it's sinking and bingo!

Finally, I think I'll have a small bag of sand displayed next to the statue... ;)

You beat me to it.

Imagine if there was some type of magnet at the bottom of the statue and the top of the base, whereas the statue "held up" the center part of the base. When one removes the statue, the base would no longer be held up by the magnet in the statue and it would then slowly slide down into the main base. That would certainly be doable.

Finally, I think I'll have a small bag of sand displayed next to the statue... ;)

Well played I was wondering what it would take to make it work... magnets make a lot of sense :banana

Man that would be pimp!!!

You beat me to it.

Sounds great! But wouldn't the weight of the idol push down the center of the base? It certainly wouldn't hold it up. Would be great to see a customized base to incorporate something along the lines of this!

that magnet thing would only work if the idol was held up on a separate stand from the back or something... which would then allow the idol to hold up the base by magnets. Otherwise it doesnt matter how many magnets you've got... gravity is gonna pull the idol and the base down anyway :lol

That Chachapoyan temple was filled with all kinds of technical marvels. Photosensitive traps, pressure sensitive plates...

Ah, it wasn't that.....They just had help from the same aliens that were in Indy 4. ;)

Sounds great! But wouldn't the weight of the idol push down the center of the base? It certainly wouldn't hold it up. Would be great to see a customized base to incorporate something along the lines of this!

that magnet thing would only work if the idol was held up on a separate stand from the back or something... which would then allow the idol to hold up the base by magnets. Otherwise it doesnt matter how many magnets you've got... gravity is gonna pull the idol and the base down anyway :lol

True, true. But if the magnet supported some type of latch inside the base, and by removing the statue, the latch slid back or out of the way, it would allow the center part of the base to slide down.

It's all here (points to my head...) I can see it clearly and it will work, I tell ya! :D

Trust me. :whip

I think for $190 and no fan assembly required, this is absolutely close enough. I can't wait to put it in my house as a conversation piece.

That being said, I'd like to see more. I wonder what a 1:1 ark would be like.

Back