Fear The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead (Spinoff) Series

So same stories but with different actors... seems kid of boring to me.

Night of the Living Dead - Survive Zombies, Find Shelter, Don't Trust People
Dawn of the Dead - Survive Zombies, Find Shelter, Don't Trust People
Zombie - Survive Zombies, Find Shelter, Don't Trust People
Return of the Living Dead - Survive Zombies, Find Shelter, Don't Trust People
Dawn Remake - Survive Zombies, Find Shelter, Don't Trust People
Zombieland - Survive Zombies, Find Shelter, Don't Trust People
WWZ - Survive Zombies, Find Shelter, Don't Trust People
The Walking Dead - Survive Zombies, Find Shelter, Don't Trust People
WD Spin-Off - Survive Zombies, Find Shelter, Don't Trust People
Day Z Game - Survive Zombies, Find Shelter, Don't Trust People

Every other thing that will ever be done in this genre - Survive Zombies, Find Shelter, Don't Trust People

Welcome aboard.

Generally, yes, they're going to have the same problems. But the location I think is intrinsic to a host of other problems. For instance, in Alaska, do the zombies freeze, or at least lumber much slower, therefore, easier to escape or kill? Add to that something like in 30 days of night where they also have to deal with darkness for an extended period of time. Or the Midwest with tornadoes! Or CA with earthquakes! Or, what is it like in big cities? Or what if they follow a military group? I wonder if the spinoff will do something very familiar, or will they go in a completely different direction?

Or the Midwest with tornadoes! Or CA with earthquakes! Or, what is it like in big cities? Or what if they follow a military group? I wonder if the spinoff will do something very familiar, or will they go in a completely different direction?

Weather and zombies don't seem to mix because of the make-up I guess but we need to see more of it. How about a flood where they're dealing with walking through 4 feet of water with zombies crawling around in it? Theres so many cool things you could do with weather.

Right! Imagine a tragedy like hurricane Katrina, and add zombies to the mix!

But yeah, water and make up don't mix.

Every other thing that will ever be done in this genre - Survive Zombies, Find Shelter, Don't Trust People

Welcome aboard.

I guess its a good thing the only ones I saw out of that list are TWD and Zombieland. That way its still kind of different to me.

Welcome aboard.

A few of those are turds, but the rest are awesome. Bring it! :rock

Right! Imagine a tragedy like hurricane Katrina, and add zombies to the mix!

But yeah, water and make up don't mix.

Nicotero did the zombies coming out of the lake in Land of the Dead. He can handle waterproof zombies just fine.

all they need for the show not to get boring is stay away from the forest. It is that simple. They will have the same problems with walkers and with other bad guys, but as long as they set it in a big city or something and don't move to the country side it will be different enough.

This is just me but I would like to see the show follow a group of soldiers or some kind of special team or something like that. at least at first, Not make it about regular people dealing with the walkers because we already have the comic, the show and the video game. Adding another show about regular everyday people living in the forests is going to be overkill.

I would at least like to see how a community like the Governor had is built. If they follow someone like the Governor building it and then we see it get destroyed.

I wonder if it is going to be harder to get used to these new characters (Specially for comic fans) since not only are they brand new but they will inevitably be compared to the main group. I guess We'll see.

Last edited:

Be nice if it was a different group each season. Nice offset to the continuing saga of the original.

all they need for the show not to get boring is stay away from the forest. It is that simple. They will have the same problems with walkers and with other bad guys, but as long as they set it in a big city or something and don't move to the country side it will be different enough.

This is just me but I would like to see the show follow a group of soldiers or some kind of special team or something like that. at least at first, Not make it about regular people dealing with the walkers because we already have the comic, the show and the video game. Adding another show about regular everyday people living in the forests is going to be overkill.

I would at least like to see how a community like the Governor had is built. If they follow someone like the Governor building it and then we see it get destroyed.

I wonder if it is going to be harder to get used to these new characters (Specially for comic fans) since not only are they brand new but they will inevitably be compared to the main group. I guess We'll see.

Interesting thougths.
Didn't Morrisey hint that we didn't saw the last of the governor? Maybe the Spin Off is really about him and his "career" :)

this should target more teen themes. drama. love. infidelity. sex. and zombies.

think gossip girl with zombies.

sex in the city of zombies.

y'know...those stuff.

this should target more teen themes. drama. love. infidelity. sex. and zombies.

think gossip girl with zombies.

sex in the city of zombies.

y'know...those stuff.

so a tv version of this movie then?

E8uDMBB.jpg

Interesting thougths.
Didn't Morrisey hint that we didn't saw the last of the governor? Maybe the Spin Off is really about him and his "career" :)

I would love to see the story of the Gov or something like that, I know it is probably not going to happen but I would love if they at least show how a town like the one he made gets created, To make it fresh they should move away from the whole "small group, single survivor" type of thing

I would love to see the story of the Gov or something like that, I know it is probably not going to happen but I would love if they at least show how a town like the one he made gets created, To make it fresh they should move away from the whole "small group, single survivor" type of thing

Kirkman actually wrote 4 Governor novels (the third and 4th basically being his time in the comics) but the first one actually had the whole bit with the Governor staying with the two women, their elderly father, and the little girl. They changed the names/characters around a bit on the show, but that episode was heavily inspired by part of the first book. If you like the Governor as a character, they are worth a read. Which reminds me, I need to track down the 4th one and read it (it just came out not too long ago).

It was perfect for what it was. A one off story. It wasn't a series and because of that, I think it worked well. I'm glad they didn't try to Twilight the crap out of that thing.

I don't want it to be based on anything. No comic, no books, nothing. All new. That way I don't have to deal with the people who already read it and can't keep their mouths shut at all. I didn't know about what Terminus was about till someone had to spoil it in TWD thread. UGH!

I don't want it to be based on anything. No comic, no books, nothing. All new. That way I don't have to deal with the people who already read it and can't keep their mouths shut at all. I didn't know about what Terminus was about till someone had to spoil it in TWD thread. UGH!

Terminus isn't in the comics, nobody except those looking up show spoilers would know what it is.

But I agree, having no idea where the show could be going makes is very exciting.

Back