Fear The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Another Walking Dead Show Confirmed

Yes, AMC, the only Network that's ever produced actual quality drama shows on television. They are literally the only channel that comes close to the quality of shows in writing, acting, and overall production value that HBO has been doing for the past 20 years now. I'm sorry but the people who say things like The Shield is the best show ever always have one thing in common, they've never seen anything on HBO, Showtime, Netflix, or anything else you have to pay extra for.

IMHO between AMC's programming quality and everything else on regular TV their is enough of a gap that they could become a pay channel like HBO that you have to pay an extra $15 a month for and pull it off with little problem. I'd happily shell out the dosh too, to never have to watch another commercial on the Walking Dead or Hell on Wheels.

My own top 10 tv shows of all time would be comprised soley of HBO and AMC programming. Maybe even the Top 15 with the exception of Arrested Development.

The Walking Dead is a show about zombies, I don't think people realise how well it's going based just on that. Theres never been anything like that before and they managed to get people to take it seriously and the violence to become totally mainstream and ok at 3 in the afternoon. 20 years ago Zombies were a tough sell in a movie to a specialty audience. Now it's one of the most popular pop culture things there is.

sorry deckard, not trying to bash AMC as a whole, and I don't disagree with your excellent points. IMO, AMC hasn't always handled the WD show as well as I'd have preferred.

AMC doesn't have enough original programming (some of which is reality BS) on it for me to shell out extra money for it.

I agree somewhat. It's not ever going to be the best show on television, and I at no point expected that of it, and for some time, it was not the best show it could itself even be. But I feel like improvements have been made and they know they need to balance the action etc. Alot of the early seasons were a learning experiance with this whole genre and finding it's footing and it's still managed to perform above most shows. There has been alot of input from differant directions and I also think being in one place too long was affecting pacing. But this past season(so far) was pretty great every episode imo. And I think that now that the people who'll be producing and overseeing things like Kirkman have the experiance, they can translate it to another show. It's also pretty unique, it's a whole genre thats proven it can make bank and they are still the only ones who feel even remotely qualified to keep trying. Comedy Sitcoms just for example are copied by every network and station constantly, even if not remotely successful they keep trying. I think that Zombieland online pilot cgi crapfest was the only other thing that took a shot.

AMC doesn't have enough original programming (some of which is reality BS) on it for me to shell out extra money for it.

If they were to do what HBO does and offer access to AMConline which had every show they've ever aired, every episode, plus a steady stream of the movies they air with no commercials, they could probably pull it off, but that they don't is the real point. No other network channels come close to what they offer, and continue to offer for quite some time now. As others have said we live in a revolutionary era for tv, where these incredibly high production value shows get made like Game of Thrones. AMC is the only real one stepping upto the plate and competing in the cable market.

The networks, surprisingly, are actually stepping up their game with shows like The Following and Hannibal.

And we'll have to see how those shows fare. Hannibals been great so far but already facing an uphill battle. Arrow, well we'll have to disagree on that one. I watched the entire first season and thought it was over-hyped bigtime. Not bad, but not great either. The other two I haven't watched.

Burn Notice had a great first season, original-ish concept, and went downhill very quickly. Hopefully Habbibal maintains it's quality but my interest has also already been a bit swayed by True Detective.

The first season of Arrow was good, but the second season so far has boosted it to greatness IMO. The people behind the show seem to really know what they're doing and have a strong respect for the source material.
And now that Deathstroke has made his appearance, it only looks to be getting better. :yess:

It's quite the opposite of that other new superhero based show, Agents of Shame. :lol

The first season of Arrow was good, but the second season so far has boosted it to greatness IMO. The people behind the show seem to really know what they're doing and have a strong respect for the source material.
And now that Deathstroke has made his appearance, it only looks to be getting better. :yess:

It's quite the opposite of that other new superhero based show, Agents of Shame. :lol

Not sure I'd be bragging, that looks rather Smallvilley to me. :lol

Other than maybe the visuals and the occasional teeny drama moment with Oliver's sister, it's nothing like Smallville.

It's sad to look back on Smallville after seeing how great this show has become. This is what Smallville could have been. Such wasted potential.

I figured it made sense to give the Walking Dead spinoff series it's own thread, since new details are beginning to emerge.

Just as the Season 4 finale of The Walking Dead is about to air on Sunday, March 30, news has broken that AMC is has taken an important step in moving forward on the spin-off that was initially announced in Sept. 2013. AMC has nailed down a showrunner — and it looks like the new series may be blowing your minds even sooner than 2015! Read on for all the details!

‘The Walking Dead’ Companion Series Has A Showrunner In Dave Erickson
Dave Erickson, who has also served as Executive Producer on the widely successful Sons Of Anarchy — and the, er, less successful Low Winter Sun — will executive produce the Walking Dead spin-off, as well as co-write the series along with Robert Kirkman, writer of the original Walking Dead series of graphic novels and AMC’s first Walking Dead offering.

Details are still scant on what the show will actually be about, but what we do know is that it will serve more as a “companion” series than a true spin-off. It won’t feature any of the characters we’ve grown to love on the original Walking Dead, but will tell a separate, sure-to-be-horrifying story. We’ll take whatever we can get! Besides, characters are dropping like flies over on The Walking Dead — the companion series might be a great way to hit the reset button on the televised Walking Dead franchise.

Last edited:
Re: The Walking Dead (Spinoff) Series

I figured it made sense to give the Walking Dead spinoff series it's own thread, since new details are beginning to emerge.

Just as the Season 4 finale of The Walking Dead is about to air on Sunday, March 30, news has broken that AMC is has taken an important step in moving forward on the spin-off that was initially announced in Sept. 2013. AMC has nailed down a showrunner — and it looks like the new series may be blowing your minds even sooner than 2015! Read on for all the details!

‘The Walking Dead’ Companion Series Has A Showrunner In Dave Erickson
Dave Erickson, who has also served as Executive Producer on the widely successful Sons Of Anarchy — and the, er, less successful Low Winter Sun — will executive produce the Walking Dead spin-off, as well as co-write the series along with Robert Kirkman, writer of the original Walking Dead series of graphic novels and AMC’s first Walking Dead offering.

Details are still scant on what the show will actually be about, but what we do know is that it will serve more as a “companion” series than a true spin-off. It won’t feature any of the characters we’ve grown to love on the original Walking Dead, but will tell a separate, sure-to-be-horrifying story. We’ll take whatever we can get! Besides, characters are dropping like flies over on The Walking Dead — the companion series might be a great way to hit the reset button on the televised Walking Dead franchise.

SDCC's TWD panel is gonna be badass this year. :lol

Sorry Deckie. :wink1:

I hope the spinoff runs over the summer. Something like May-Aug. This way we get our WD fix pretty much all year long. :rock

So how is it going to be much different than the original? Unless its during winter or something I would imagine they will have the same walkers and same problems the original group has.

Same general problems (i.e. - zombies), but with different characters, you get different reactions, story lines, etc. I am pumped that Kirkman is co-writing it. Now he can do all those things he wished he had done with the original group. With Gimple on the original and Kirkman on the spinoff, I think the WD universe is in good hands.

Now both Gimple and Andrew Lincoln are going to be on TD this Sunday. Wouldn't be surprised to hear that Gimple is leaving after this seson. :lol :gah:

So how is it going to be much different than the original? Unless its during winter or something I would imagine they will have the same walkers and same problems the original group has.

Everyone in any zombie movie/tv show all have the same problems. The only differences are characters and locations.

So same stories but with different actors... seems kid of boring to me.

Back