Fear The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Another Walking Dead Show Confirmed

i'd be more inclined if they set this one up in a militarized zone/compound/outpost, or nearby.

I don't know where I'd want to be in the event of a zombie apocalypse. As far as "ghost ships" go, I think the best thing to do would be to get yourself a nice group of survivors and a ship. You'd have to worry about water, and fuel, but if you stocked up on supplies and got yourself a bigass Carnival Cruise liner, you could transport a ton of people to an island and, perhaps, form a base of operations, if you will, where you'd grow food and store freshwater and supplies. I just think the best method of staying alive would be on a boat. Never in one place, surviving on fish, etc. I could see that approach being more successful than another. The only downfall is weather, really.

A random ship full of zombies washes up and somehow they all manage to find their way off of it? :lol

And I have a hard time believing that walkers would know to go underwater and walk miles on the ocean floor to some random island where a handful of people have set up camp...:lol

I think the odds of any of that happening are incredibly slim if not non-existent...but the premise would never work in a Walking Dead show for that same reason. There'd be no threat.

Go to just about any beach, anywhere, and look at all the random **** that just washes up on shore. Also consider, that's also one of the more popular plans among the living and you might have people bringing infected to your location willingly. Enjoy your island of death. :wave :lol

I'm headed north. They don't function in a frozen environment and dealing with the odd walker with the occasional thaw is better than fighting off a population of them. :lecture
With the cold, you'd also need to worry about obtaining fuel for warmth. Whether that's gas or wood or coal, its not exactly a grow able resource like food can be. So I'm not entirely convinced a cold climate would be best long term. Its got certain advantages with the zombies freezing, but you have to worry about freezing yourself as well.

I'd almost think a warmer climate like Georgia could have its advantages with the heat. Wouldn't the heat help decomp along? Once they are rotted enough zombies are more or less paralyzed in place.

yeah, It surprises me how most people tend to talk about a colder place without thinking of the problems that will bring, Since the cold also affects us as well.

Not only is it harder to get around if you happen to get stranded and you don't have a car, but you couldn't move around as much as they did without electricity or heaters.
You might be safe from the zombies, but then you will have to survive against the elements (And the other humans)

If they went to the North, the show would probably become less like a zombie show and more like the movie The Grey :lol:lol

I'm not real keen on the idea, but I'll certainly give it a go. Maybe he just wants something that doesn't have a comic that can be compared to it. I'm sure he gets tired of the *****ing.

what makes me mad is AMC cutting their budget to fit two shows. Because that's what will most likely happen. Either that, Or the new show will be more like Season 2 of WD. Less zombies and more human elements.
I mean, I hope that doesn't happen, but I can see AMC doing that.

It's going to be a new show airing after "Metástasis." "Los Muertos Caminos" coming to Univision in 2016.:lol Honestly, though, I'd love it if they had a whole series of shows for different people in different languages; if the Spanish version took place in Mexico City, or something, and focused on a different group, while the French version took place in Versailles, and they all focused on different groups.

It's going to be a new show airing after "Metástasis." "Los Muertos Caminos" coming to Univision in 2016.:lol Honestly, though, I'd love it if they had a whole series of shows for different people in different languages; if the Spanish version took place in Mexico City, or something, and focused on a different group, while the French version took place in Versailles, and they all focused on different groups.

Um.... wouldn't they all just surrender to the zombies? :monkey3

BA-DUM-TISHH. Seriously, though, I wouldn't mind that; seeing the ruins of a great palace after the zombie apocalypse.:lol

As far as surviving in cold climates without electricity, people did that for a very long time and I'm sure a borderline resourceful person could survive through the winter. I'm from one of those areas and all you need is dry wood to make a fire. As far as it making an intersting show, probably not, just like the island idea, once the threat has been mitigated by such factors as freezing weather or isolation,it just becomes a drama that has nothing to do with the dead rising.

Now, take that idea and set it in New York City, which is a cold climate, but also has miles and miles of dark, underground tunnels, and people crammed together in a relatively small place, and you have something that could be very tense and scary. Would AMC cough up the money for the budget that show would need? No way.

So since we rule out the above options and I think the smart thing is to make it as different from the origial series as they can, I would think that either a military base or a militarized zone (as was mentioned earlier) with reusable sets and such is the most likely possibility.

There is one other possibility- an anthology series that follows different groups for one season at a time.

Like the idea of an anthology, sort of like True Detective. Could be really cool to follow a different group each season, especially as the end will always be a bit ambiguous and maybe give the audience something to think about. Plus, it would allow the writers to be completely ruthless with the characters and maybe encourages them to put their best stuff out for the current season, instead of saving stuff for later. Personally I'd like that a lot.

As far as surviving in cold climates without electricity, people did that for a very long time and I'm sure a borderline resourceful person could survive through the winter. I'm from one of those areas and all you need is dry wood to make a fire. As far as it making an intersting show, probably not, just like the island idea, once the threat has been mitigated by such factors as freezing weather or isolation,it just becomes a drama that has nothing to do with the dead rising.

Now, take that idea and set it in New York City, which is a cold climate, but also has miles and miles of dark, underground tunnels, and people crammed together in a relatively small place, and you have something that could be very tense and scary. Would AMC cough up the money for the budget that show would need? No way.

So since we rule out the above options and I think the smart thing is to make it as different from the origial series as they can, I would think that either a military base or a militarized zone (as was mentioned earlier) with reusable sets and such is the most likely possibility.

There is one other possibility- an anthology series that follows different groups for one season at a time.

well yeah, people have survived in the cold since the beginning of mankind.

But Imagine any of the people in the Walking Dead, Imagine Rick and Carl, Imagine they never traveled north, Would they be able to survive? If someone lives in a life of comforts, With cars and air conditioner etc.

going from a life like that to the wild up in the north with next to no resources..... From the show's group I could see Daryl and Merle being the only ones that make it. Maybe Rick, but that would probably be it.

I think someone mistook our opinions on where we'd go for us wanting to see the show like that. :duh :lol

I think someone mistook our opinions on where we'd go for us wanting to see the show like that. :duh :lol

no I was just using those characters as reference since I have no idea what kind of lives you guys have and since everyone in here knows them. but I could have used anyone else from another show, it just seemed fitting to mention them.

But okay I'll humor you,
it would be like Badger, Skinny Pete and Jesse Pinkman in the Zombie Apocalypse and then going north, what do they know about survival or living in the cold?
Probably nothing. So these 3 guys would be screwed as well, I don't even think Walter would survive in the cold even knowing how smart he is.

Last edited:

no I was just using those characters as reference since I have no idea what kind of lives you guys have and since everyone in here knows them. but I could have used anyone else from another show, it just seemed fitting to mention them.

But okay I'll humor you,
it would be like Badger, Skinny Pete and Jessie Pinkman in the Zombie Apocalypse and then going north, what do they know about survival or living in the cold?
Probably nothing. So these 3 guys would be screwed as well, I don't even think Walter would survive in the cold even knowing how smart he is.

<-- lived in Alaska off the land for a few months, so I got it covered. :wave

well that's really lucky then, you would be like Rambo :lol
I would probably be dead in like a couple of days :rotfl

Nah, hunting and fishing's a non-issue and I know I can get vitamin C from evergreen needles (making tea or eating them as a veg :monkey4), but I'd run into trouble in the long term since I don't really know how to can meat, fruits and veggies. I can dehydrate them, but canning has always been beyond my desire to learn. So I either find a husky woman with those skills to go with, or a booksmart nerd who's more capable than I and trade skill sets. :lol

Last edited:

I'll be okay, in a zombie apocalypse, as long as I have this! :lecture

funny-demotivational-posters-zombie-apocalypse.jpg
:yess:

Oh and a new Walking Dead show sounds good to me! :rock

I'm not real keen on the idea, but I'll certainly give it a go. Maybe he just wants something that doesn't have a comic that can be compared to it. I'm sure he gets tired of the *****ing.

I think it's just going to be the same ideas over again, or at least too similar to the main story line and you're always going to be looking for that type of stuff after watching it for so long. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't.

I just hope it has a consistent show runner this time around.

Although I could do without it, following a different group of survivors in a different area every season might be cool? But having said that, one show is good enough for me. I'm not that sure I would invest the time in another series.

Back