FB Gandalf VS Balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the pics on the product page are any indication of what the final product looks like, this will be worth holding on to. If it looks like the other gold colored fb pieces, I'll sell mine.

missed it, but don't really care. the original for me was well below par.

unless they were able to make the huge crater joint seams disappear on balrogs wings, its still a fail imo.

I think this one looks better than the color version as well. You should have told me you were looking for this Woodsy, I could have ordered it for you.

I think this one looks better than the color version as well. You should have told me you were looking for this Woodsy, I could have ordered it for you.

Now I'm really depressed. :monkey2 Fortunately I think the hype will die down in a few days and there should be a few available. Let's face it, I may love this piece but most people don't, and a change of paint colour isn't going to change that fact. It's the overall sculpt itself that has most people disappointed and a FB finish can't alter that.

well judging by the number of these showing up on ebay, not too many were bought to be flipped....

Now I'm really depressed. :monkey2 Fortunately I think the hype will die down in a few days and there should be a few available. Let's face it, I may love this piece but most people don't, and a change of paint colour isn't going to change that fact. It's the overall sculpt itself that has most people disappointed and a FB finish can't alter that.

PM coming your way... :banana

well judging by the number of these showing up on ebay, not too many were bought to be flipped....

At least not yet. Even if that's the case no one will be overly disappointed about missing this piece. I mean, it's not like you can't score a great deal on the regular version and commission someone to paint it faux bronze for you down the road if you really want it bad enough. There was way more buzz about the FB fell beat vs. eagle piece when that was announced, and quite frankly, no one seems to be willing to pay those stupid marked-up ebay prices to own one. As Woodsy stated, many people found fault with the regular version and no amount of paint will change their minds. You think most of these guys are enthused? https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=96682 :lol

I'm keeping mine. I'll take pics when it arrives. If it's not as good as the one pictured, it'll be going back to SS. If it looks good, I'm keeping it.

I picked one up. Never bought a FB before, but the pictures made me want it. I sort of have a man crush on the Balrog too... Hopefully it looks as good as I'm hoping.

i know what you mean. That Balrog is lying missionary style, which is my preference.

looks like jake may have one for ya, but if not i would get on the WL since i'm sure there will be some cc issues with some of these.

Nooooooo! I've been waiting for this one for month's and it goes up while I'm training at work :monkey2

I feel your pain my friend I didn't even notice this until now!! I saw the title FB G vs B but I thought it was the old diorama on second chance :duh:duh:duh
I'm getting too old for this collecting game..........:monkey2

looks like jake may have one for ya, but if not i would get on the WL since i'm sure there will be some cc issues with some of these.

Well...waitlisters should find out real soon.....as this piece shipped out today :horror

I was very surprised...as I ordered it for a specifc person who collects LOTR items...and haven't heard word back from him if he actually wanted it. Figured I'd have at least a few days to hear back from him...and then if he didn't want it...just cancel it. But it's already on the way to my doorstep.

Back