FB Gandalf VS Balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
didn't have time since I had to go to school. I'm sure someone else will post pics. If not, maybe later tonight or tom.

Yessss,, pictures please.

Mine arrives at my other house on Thursday....Don't know when I'll be able to get my mits on it.

Re: FB Gandalf VS Balrog pictures!

I have received the Gandalf vs Balrog faux bronze diorama. It is #28/50.

Here are the pics:

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics! :banana

Nice pics ma1138. I got #7 today and I must say that this is the way the faux bronze should have been done on the other pieces (Eagle vs FB).

I also received a $25 giftcard :) b/c Sideshow is no longer combining orders for international customers:monkey2

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

Looks better for sure, but what's with a Star Wars GC in a LOTR delivery!??!?! :horror :banghead

:lol

Hmm . . .looks a bit on the plastic side for me. Maybe the flash is washing everything out. Best to take a pic in broad daylight or when the room is bathed in sunlight. Otherwise, it looks like a bigger sized AOME kit. Still, the pose does nothing for me, even if the Balrog is showing his backside. I'll stick with my Daddy Rog.

As for any dio in FB, about the only ones I'm excited about are the ones by John Howe and Weta. Thing is, those cost $430 a pop. BUT, they throw a lot more in than just a polystone base.

Hmm . . .looks a bit on the plastic side for me. Maybe the flash is washing everything out. Best to take a pic in broad daylight or when the room is bathed in sunlight. Otherwise, it looks like a bigger sized AOME kit. Still, the pose does nothing for me, even if the Balrog is showing his backside. I'll stick with my Daddy Rog.

As for any dio in FB, about the only ones I'm excited about are the ones by John Howe and Weta. Thing is, those cost $430 a pop. BUT, they throw a lot more in than just a polystone base.

My pics were taken without flash, but it is pretty dark in the room still. In terms of plasticy, it looks better in person, wait till someone who knows how to take pics post some :lol

I too would have preferred the classic Kazadhum scene but this is an interesting take in its own right.

And Weta's FB treatment does indeed look amazing.

Not wanting to diss anyone's purchase, but I'd have to agree. Based on the pics so far, that makes the extra money for Weta's Smaug look like even better money spent. And we have had a number of photo's of Smaug and personal reviews from having seen it. So sure the SS may look better in person, I doubt it looks so much better as to be able to compare to Weta.

hmmmmmmmmm.............

I think the Vader piece was a better faux bronze paint application, judging from the few pics, IMO.

People with this piece in hand, does it look like a bronze piece? Meaning, how did the patina effect work out? On the Vader piece, looked great, but I just can't tell if this has that aged and weathered bronze look.

Also, can you tell if this was the original piece just painted with the faux bronze effect? Meaning, is the whip still a plastic piece (originally translucent plastic in first release) with just a FB paint app overtop of it, or is it polystone?

Just curious...do all of the faux bronze pieces come in the original piece's boxes? I would have thought the display box would have been highlighted with "Faux Bronze Edition" or something to that effect. I guess it makes sense that Sideshow wouldn't redesign the display box for a piece with such a low ES, but having never seen any of the FB pieces (in any line) that struck me as a little strange.

They just add the 'Exclusive' sticker to the original box. You can see it in the photos.

hmmmmmmmmm.............

I think the Vader piece was a better faux bronze paint application, judging from the few pics, IMO.

People with this piece in hand, does it look like a bronze piece? Meaning, how did the patina effect work out? On the Vader piece, looked great, but I just can't tell if this has that aged and weathered bronze look.

Also, can you tell if this was the original piece just painted with the faux bronze effect? Meaning, is the whip still a plastic piece (originally translucent plastic in first release) with just a FB paint app overtop of it, or is it polystone?

The vader piece definitely seems to have a better paint application, however this is just speculation that it may be harder to get the same effect for a piece that is completely textured as opposed to smooth.

The piece has more of the green cantina than bronze look. The whip is indeed plastic. And all FB are originals with the FB paint anyways.

This is a nice piece. It aint spectacular by any means, but I feel it is an improvement over the regular colored version.

Back