FB Gandalf VS Balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine. I think it looks very good. Yes, you can still see the seams where the wings are attached, but I really don't see that as a huge drawback. When the piece is properly displayed, those seams will never be visible.

fb_duel_1.jpg

fb_duel_2.jpg

fb_duel_3.jpg

fb_duel_4.jpg

fb_duel_5.jpg

fb_duel_6.jpg

fb_duel_7.jpg

fb_duel_8.jpg

Very nice Chris, you almost made me regret skipping it.

Almost. :angelsmil :D

If anything, this looks more like it's in greyscale than bronze. Te FB treatment lessens the comic look that the GTG has over the colored version. Still, the FB treatment on this one doesn't make it leap out as well. I believe the GTG vs Balrog relief in FB stands out better from those people who took a stab at bronzing it.

Personally, I don't think all LOTR dio's are suited for FB.....but this one definitely is. :monkey5

The FB lessens three areas I didn't care for in color:

1) The partially translucent mane, partially traditional polystone

2) The translucent whip

3) The cartoony sculpt on Gandalf, and the wonky over-sized sword.

:clap

I don't know how anyone can look at those pics from Robodad and not be impressed with this piece. Sideshow's Faux bronze treatment on this piece is leaps and bounds above their previous FB pieces. The others look spray painted gold with a black wash applied. # 46 out of 50 showed up today. It's the third FB piece (Battle above... and Dooku/Yoda) I've received from Sideshow and this one is easily the best. I'm not gonna even bother posting my pics....they don't come anywhere near the professional quality of Robodad's.

I don't know how anyone can look at those pics from Robodad and not be impressed with this piece. Sideshow's Faux bronze treatment on this piece is leaps and bounds above their previous FB pieces. The others look spray painted gold with a black wash applied. # 46 out of 50 showed up today. It's the third FB piece (Battle above... and Dooku/Yoda) I've received from Sideshow and this one is easily the best. I'm not gonna even bother posting my pics....they don't come anywhere near the professional quality of Robodad's.

Everyone,s entitled to their opinion, even when its wrong:lol. This looks great from the pictures and i cant wait to see it in-hand:D

Last edited:
Back