Favorite Superhero Movie of Summer 2012? (don't vote till you've seen em all please)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which did you enjoy most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't how many of those theaters are outside the us. I know Kansas city has 2-3 of them.

I've tried looking for an exact number of IMAX theaters there are in the US but can't see to find anything yet.

Even if we say 400 of the 580 odd are in the US, that's less than 10% of all theaters playing the film in the US.
I don't have stats but i'm pretty sure much more than 10% of the theaters showing Avengers offered 3D.

That's why I think it's a valid argument to say that Avengers' 3D boost was bigger than TDKR's IMAX boost. Not to mention Avengers would have been showing in most IMAX theaters that are showing TDKR anyway.

I've tried looking for an exact number of IMAX theaters there are in the US but can't see to find anything yet.

Even if we say 400 of the 580 odd are in the US, that's less than 10% of all theaters playing the film in the US.
I don't have stats but i'm pretty sure much more than 10% of the theaters showing Avengers offered 3D.

That's why I think it's a valid argument to say that Avengers' 3D boost was bigger than TDKR's IMAX boost. Not to mention Avengers would have been showing in most IMAX theaters that are showing TDKR anyway.

I dunno. How many people would fork out that inflated ticket price to watch the film multiple times in 3D though? That's a lot of money. Especially if you're paying for a whole family. In that context, 2D makes even more sense.

Im sure it helped some but as I said I don't think it's why it beat tdkr by 47 million dollars.

Im sure it helped some but as I said I don't think it's why it beat tdkr by 47 million dollars.

Well, it's not the sole reason for it and I never claimed it was - just one of a number of factors.

Would sure make sense and such discussions easier if studios also reported number of tickets sold :lol

There's a lot of factors that factored into the Avengers making so much. You had a built in individual fan base for each film. You had a built in fan base for Marvel in general. You had a built in Whedon fan base (a very large female population in this). It's shorter. It was in 3D. It had ZERO competition in theaters when it was released. It didn't have a tragedy associated with it. It was more family friendly. It had good reviews. The list could go on but the point is The Dark Knight Rises didn't stand a chance even with the things it had going in it's favor.

As much as I loved Batman, and I did, I still loved Avengers better.

Both were really excellent films. The only reason I gave TDKR (the slight) the nod was because of how deep I was into the series.

Avengers is one of the very best comic movies to date. Perfectly executed and damn entertaining.

....TDKR fans

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvvlhOfxKfs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvvlhOfxKfs[/ame]

:lol

Of the 3 I watched I liked
1) The Amazing Spiderman( best story)
2) Avengers (super hero overdose which is great!)
3) TDKR ( I felt too much was packed into the show and ppl who never watched the previous 2 flicks have a confusing time getting into the story)

Pretty much!

The characters don't click? :dunno If they hadn't clicked it wouldn't have been the runaway best superhero movie of the summer IMO.

I mean they butted heads and didn't necessarily get along... Hence they fought, they bickered, and irritated one another until late in the film where they put their egos aside and united as a team. Some of this was actually comical and kids love to see super heavyweights slug it out. I thought the Thor vs IM vs Cap scene was great! And let's face it, Thor vs. Hulk could have been a movie by itself! The overall story and character inter-actions were fantastic!

Hands down, the Avengers was the best hero film so far!

TDKR gets second place and was also a fantastic movie/story too. Just very dark and geared for more mature audiences.

this poll should be done again next year. Doing 3 months after Avengers and while TDKR and AS are still at the theater will lead to untrue results. After i watch a film i usually think it was pretty good. After a week of thinking about the film i tend to change my mind. I did with AS and with TDKR. I didn't with Avengers, i still think it's awesome and i'd still jump at the chance to watch it again on the big screen. As and TDKR i seen once and felt that was enough. TDKR was great but it just had too many things that bugged me. Still love Batman almost as much as Hulk tho

Back