Favorite Superhero Movie of Summer 2012? (don't vote till you've seen em all please)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which did you enjoy most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a first impression vote, only one viewing of each film, I gave it to Avengers. However it would be interesting to see if that changes with subsequent viewings.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Never had a chance. :wink1:

Only in your own biased mind. It had a very good shot at coming close and even matching Avengers. Would it have made more? Maybe not, but the shooting did effect the opening and the opening was it's best shot at close the gap.

Realistically, that's the nail in the coffin. Families went repeatedly to see Avengers. TDKR has a darker premise and is more dreary and story-oriented (vs. lighter and action oriented), so I wouldn't say it's kid-friendly nor even suited to the younger ADD tweens who bore too quickly. So in that vein, given the fanboy percentages negate each other, comparing couples purchasing ticket sales for date night vs. parents taking kids, it never had a chance to win.

The same could be said for first Iron Man, but it didn't turn out that way.

Only in your own biased mind. It had a very good shot at coming close and even matching Avengers. Would it have made more? Maybe not, but the shooting did effect the opening and the opening was it's best shot at close the gap.

In your own delusional mind, maybe. You seem to think that because it never stood a chance, that somehow makes it a bad movie. You shouldn't let things like that affect your opinion. It's a good movie, but it never stood a chance of matching, let alone topping Avengers. Even without the shooting, there were too many underlying factors to prevent that from even being feasible.

The same could be said for first Iron Man, but it didn't turn out that way.

Not really, no. Again, you're comparing a lighthearted action movie with a more dreary, less action-oriented film. But even still, IM didn't come close. And I'll be the first to tell you that IM3 won't even touch Avengers either. So not sure what you're trying to imply with that.

Seriously I effin loved all three movies this summer, none of them were let downs but I had to go with TDKR because it deserves it's props as it was the last and final of the trilogy! The Amazing Spiderman is headed in the right direction and that too was an epic start to a reboot!

My wife and I saw Avengers opening night. Then we went back and saw it again with our kids. I ended up seeing it once more. That's eight tickets for Avengers.

Then my wife and I saw TDKR. We enjoyed it but it didn't leave me wanting to watch it all again right away. I certainly didn't think my kids would sit through it. So that's two tickets for TDKR.

Avengers sold more tickets to families, and had more repeat customers. That's why TDKR isn't going to touch it. I think the shooting had a small impact on tickets sales, but the length and tone of the film were always going to keep it from doing massive family and repeat business the way that Avengers did.

In your own delusional mind, maybe. You seem to think that because it never stood a chance, that somehow makes it a bad movie. You shouldn't let things like that affect your opinion. It's a good movie, but it never stood a chance of matching, let alone topping Avengers. Even without the shooting, there were too many underlying factors to prevent that from even being feasible.

When did I ever say either film was bad? :dunno

Both are great for different reasons. I have my favorite, but I never said the other one was bad.

My wife and I saw Avengers opening night. Then we went back and saw it again with our kids. I ended up seeing it once more. That's eight tickets for Avengers.

Then my wife and I saw TDKR. We enjoyed it but it didn't leave me wanting to watch it all again right away. I certainly didn't think my kids would sit through it. So that's two tickets for TDKR.

Avengers sold more tickets to families, and had more repeat customers. That's why TDKR isn't going to touch it. I think the shooting had a small impact on tickets sales, but the length and tone of the film were always going to keep it from doing massive family and repeat business the way that Avengers did.

And this is why TDKR won't beat it either. Both were great films but without repeat business, it won't touch TA numbers. TDKR is simply too dark and too deep of a story for children (and some adults) to enjoy it and/or understand it. :exactly:

I watched The Avengers three times and TDKR three times and I still think The Avengers is the better superhero movie. That is not a knock at TDKR btw. To me Avengers is the pop corn movie that I can enjoy without using too much of brain juice.

But TDKR will the move that will stand up to the test of time. It really pulls you in and you invest in the characters emotionally. Third time watching and I still tear up at the last scene.

I watched The Avengers three times and TDKR three times and I still think The Avengers is the better superhero movie. That is not a knock at TDKR btw. To me Avengers is the pop corn movie that I can enjoy without using too much of brain juice.

But TDKR will the move that will stand up to the test of time. It really pulls you in and you invest in the characters emotionally. Third time watching and I still tear up at the last scene.

:exactly::goodpost:

Disagree. Both will hold their own for many years to come. I'd argue that Avengers might wind up being considered the better film over time given it's actually connected to the bigger Marvel film universe and Batman's reboot is right around the corner. If what we've seen is any sign of things to come, Nolancompoops will turn on Nolan and start hating his Batman films to justify liking the new Batman we're getting in a year and a half.

Back