Favorite Superhero Movie of Summer 2012? (don't vote till you've seen em all please)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which did you enjoy most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tumblr_lh8xhtEaOy1qe8q61.gif

Best gif... ever.

I've never heard that one before.

And you mean 11 years ago.

Really? I'm surpized you haven't.

No, I mean four years ago. Which movie are you talking about?

Theres no doubt the tragedy had an impact on TDKR numbers but I don't think it could've beat Avengers even if it hadn't happened.

We will never know I suppose.

I just think Avengers had too many things in its favour in direct comparison
1. 3D inflation
2. Lighter, more kid friendly tone
3. Shorter run time to allow more screenings per day

Theres no doubt the tragedy had an impact on TDKR numbers but I don't think it could've beat Avengers even if it hadn't happened.

We will never know I suppose.

I just think Avengers had too many things in its favour in direct comparison
1. 3D inflation
2. Lighter, more kid friendly tone
3. Shorter run time to allow more screenings per day

Realistically, that's the nail in the coffin. Families went repeatedly to see Avengers. TDKR has a darker premise and is more dreary and story-oriented (vs. lighter and action oriented), so I wouldn't say it's kid-friendly nor even suited to the younger ADD tweens who bore too quickly. So in that vein, given the fanboy percentages negate each other, comparing couples purchasing ticket sales for date night vs. parents taking kids, it never had a chance to win.

Realistically, that's the nail in the coffin. Families went repeatedly to see Avengers. TDKR has a darker premise and is more dreary and story-oriented (vs. lighter and action oriented), so I wouldn't say it's kid-friendly nor even suitable for the younger ADD tweens who bore too quickly. So in that vein, comparing couples purchasing tickets for date night to parents taking kids, it was never gonna win.

Any statistics on that? :wave

Realistically, that's the nail in the coffin. Families went repeatedly to see Avengers. TDKR has a darker premise and is more dreary and story-oriented (vs. lighter and action oriented), so I wouldn't say it's kid-friendly nor even suited to the younger ADD tweens who bore too quickly. So in that vein, given the fanboy percentages negate each other, comparing couples purchasing ticket sales for date night vs. parents taking kids, it never had a chance to win.

:goodpost: I think this was huge. There were children in the TDKR, but not in the same way as the Avengers when we went.

:goodpost: I think this was huge. There were children in the TDKR, but not in the same way as the Avengers when we went.

Yup. All the times I saw Avengers the audience was definitely comprised largely of families with a mix of kids and parents. Both times I saw TDK, while there were still kids, there weren't nearly as many and the age was much older. Also, second viewing had way less chicks. :lol

Yeah that one is a pretty big factor.

It's hard to beat Avengers without 3D. I'm sure if TDKR had 3D, it may have reached Avengers. Then again, the whole shooting fiasco is also to blame.

Around here 3D and IMAX cost the same so I'm always a bit dubious as to that being a big issue. I also don't think the shooting issue played a major part either. If it had only made $100 million maybe but it still made 160 million. I could see the high temps here in the states being a bigger issue.

Around here 3D and IMAX cost the same so I'm always a bit dubious as to that being a big issue. I also don't think the shooting issue played a major part either. If it had only made $100 million maybe but it still made 160 million. I could see the high temps here in the states being a bigger issue.

There's a LOT fewer IMAX theaters out there than 3D capable ones.

Just to throw a stat out there, as of Sep 2011 there were only 583 IMAX theaters in the entire world, whereas TDKR is open at over 4000 theaters in the US right now. Probably less than 5% of those are IMAX.

Back