Favorite scene in all of the Six movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
probably the very end of ANH when Han swoops in at the last second, blasting the remaining Tie Fighter (along with Vader) out of the fray just long enough for Luke to let loose his proton torpedo.
That quick shot of the torpedo, followed by Luke's gasp of relief... the Death Star going ka-blooey.
Awesome.
Honorable mention (though not really a "scene")- ROTS when Yoday enters the newly established Emporer's office and knocks out the pair of guards standing by the doorway. Always makes me chuckle.

Jabbas palace/sarlac pit

Hanger door opening with Maul standing there

Luke vs Vader in carbonite chamber.

Speeder Bike chase with Luke

The scene when Vader taunts Luke about his Sister, and Luke loses it and attacks Vader (The Music is epic) right up to the moment Vader dies in Luke's arms.
Joint with ROTS when Vader's Helmet clicks into place for the first time and he takes his first assisted breath

I always looked at Midichlorians as a way to estimate force sensitivity. The higher your count the more force attuned you are and in turn better equipped to become one with the force and become a Jedi.

Sure but that's the real diffrence between SW and every other SF film. It's filling in the gaps. Star Trek will explain it out to you where as Star Wars had awesome throw away lines that didn't pander to the lowest common denominator. Case in point "No disintegrations" or "I've made the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs." No one knows what that means exactly which sounds ____ing awesome while maintaining a cohesive story. Not a lot of hand holding in the OT, which is nice. That's the problem now with SW as a whole, aiming too low.

Oh and my favorite scene is where Vader and Lando in the hallway on Bespin. "Perhaps you think you’re being treated unfairly?" just awesome. Seeing Vader own the whole gd city and "I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further." Just too cool for school.

I have to vote for the climax of ROTJ where Vader makes his choice, and his subsequent unmasking. "You were right about me. Tell your sister you were right."

As I see them as two different things:
Original Trilogy - ESB Walker scene. Those things where just cool.
Honorable mention mention goes to the line "Apology accepted captain Needa". The way Darth Vader could just kill off his troops like that and be feared by everyone on his side made him out to be one of the scariest and most evil villains ever.

Prequel trilogy - ROTS Obi Wan vs Darth Vader (Anakin) that's reason enough to watch the whole movie that fight it so good. Honorable mention goes to the bit where the clone says to Organa "I'm sorry sir, it's time for you to leave." and he accepts whats happened with "And so it is." For some reason that always gives me chills.

OT:

"I love you" "I know"

PT:

"Sir, I think you'll be needing this" followed by "Commander Cody, the time has come...execute Order 66"

Just too many!!

But the above shot of the opening scene on Hoth with luke riding the TaunTaun just always sticks in my mind.

Still to this day it rocks!!

"Sir, I think you'll be needing this" followed by "Commander Cody, the time has come...execute Order 66"

When I first saw that scene, it was arguably one of the most devastating scenes in the sextet. After reading Traviss' novels, I look at that scene so completely different now, much the same way I look at the funeral pyre scene from ROTJ now, after the PT. It just has a different meaning.

The explanation of Midichlorians, since I always felt that the Force was a really dumb concept. But if there's scientific data involved, how can you not love it?

:lol :lol Awesome... honestly as I was trying to think of the worst part of the whole series that scene is what came to mind. It just took a big dump right on the chest of SW. Trying to turn the Force into a Pokemon style rating system was one of the worst things ever done to the SW universe. And that scene was done in such a ham-fisted way it was all the more painful :gah:

probably the very end of ANH when Han swoops in at the last second, blasting the remaining Tie Fighter (along with Vader) out of the fray just long enough for Luke to let loose his proton torpedo.
That quick shot of the torpedo, followed by Luke's gasp of relief... the Death Star going ka-blooey.
Awesome.

Yeah, that's another great one... "You're all clear kid"

I still remeber going to the Odeon Leicester square with my Dad to see star wars in 77 at the age of 9yrs, just having heard about this new film, not much more.
We went to the 'pictures' a lot but nothing before this had such an impact.
I remember reading the opening crawl, then seeing the most enormous space ship I hade ever seen. I think my eyes popped out!, then just as my little brain was dealing with that, I saw a ship 10 times the size, persuing the other ship.
That single moment in film set the bar for me. I remember that feeling to this day. Nothing I've seen since compares to that sense of utter and complete awe.

I was talking to a younger colleague recently who is 27yrs old, beleive it or not he has never seen star wars. All I could say to him was how envious I was. I would love to experience that moment again for the first time.

There are so many other moments through these films I love, but it is so hard to get across to people now how that felt.

OT :

Vader suprising Luke by holding his breath. True stroke of writing genious.

And 'I know'.

PT:

None. But it could have had a great scene if instead of midichorian crap, they'd have Qui Gon and Obi Wan go silent for a moment as they met with Anakin and have Obi Wan ask Qui Gon almost terrified.. 'did you sense that as well?' And Qui Gon not saying a word. Just a concerned, questioning look.

but maybe thats me, I'm no great writer so I wouldn't know.

Yeah midichlorians even trump ole' Jar Jar for the lowest SW moment, I'd take Ewok Christmas over the both of them.

:lol :lol Awesome... honestly as I was trying to think of the worst part of the whole series that scene is what came to mind. It just took a big dump right on the chest of SW. Trying to turn the Force into a Pokemon style rating system was one of the worst things ever done to the SW universe. And that scene was done in such a ham-fisted way it was all the more painful :gah:

Yeah, that's another great one... "You're all clear kid"

Back