Favorite scene in all of the Six movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke says Nooooo! Or were you going up to the point he says Never to the Emperor?

In fact there is a Nooooo! in all six movies

In point of fact, and I know I'm a pedant, but turn it up and listen carefully, for years I thought it was 'Nooooo'. But it is in fact a pained and tortured 'Never!'. And if you Google it, you'll find the same. I had to go back and check it myself!

In point of fact, and I know I'm a pedant, but turn it up and listen carefully, for years I thought it was 'Nooooo'. But it is in fact a pained and tortured 'Never!'. And if you Google it, you'll find the same. I had to go back and check it myself!

Yes you are right. All these years and goodness knows how many viewings and i always thought it was nooooo!

Yes you are right. All these years and goodness knows how many viewings and i always thought it was nooooo!

Don't feel bad. For years I thought Red Leader said "Luck as falls, in attack positions!" instead of "Lock S-Foils in attack positions," and that Lando said "We've got to be able to get a reading on that shield, Han port down! (whatever that was supposed to mean) instead of "up or down." :lol :duh

Don't feel bad. For years I thought Red Leader said "Luck as falls, in attack positions!" instead of "Lock S-Foils in attack positions," and that Lando said "We've got to be able to get a reading on that shield, Han port down! (whatever that was supposed to mean) instead of "up or down." :lol :duh

:lol From now on I'm going to double check the Star Wars quotes before posting.

I really like in EP3 when Anakin tries to jump over Obi Wan on the lava bank and Obi cuts his remaining arm and legs off, then proceeds to chew him out for turning to the darkside.

Does your favorite scene impact your collecting as well?

I guess I will start with mine, the very first scene ever since it impacted me so much when I was four or so... the scene where the Stormtroopers cut the door to the blockade runner and the ensuing shootout which culminates with Vader stepping through the door. I guess that is why I own over 20 troopers...

OH YES!!!

I also really dig the scene in ESB where Luke tells Yoda he's not afraid to begin the training. Yoda's reply, "You will be, you willlll be." frightened and fascinated me at the same time. Plus, that "puppet" could "act" of course. (Thank you Frank Oz.):yess:

Well it's not a scene but a quote...

It's the line that Yoda say's when Luke tells him he is gonna "try" to get his X-Wing out of the swamp.
"Do or do not. There is no try"

I agree with Yoda about "there is no try". If you try something, you do it, so trying is just doing something you aren't shure about if it's going to work as you expect it to be, but you in the end you are DOING it.

My favourite scene has always been the Falcon looping over the cloud to return to Cloud City to rescue Luke. I don't know why, but i love that scene.

OH YES!!!

I also really dig the scene in ESB where Luke tells Yoda he's not afraid to begin the training. Yoda's reply, "You will be, you willlll be." frightened and fascinated me at the same time. Plus, that "puppet" could "act" of course. (Thank you Frank Oz.):yess:

Yeah the difference between a puppet and CGI are many and you are absolutely right, the ESB yoda was more believable as a creature even though the CGI generated verison in the prequels may "look" more viable as an actual creature to some people. I would personally take the ESB approach over CGI any day...

Yeah the difference between a puppet and CGI are many and you are absolutely right, the ESB yoda was more believable as a creature even though the CGI generated verison in the prequels may "look" more viable as an actual creature to some people. I would personally take the ESB approach over CGI any day...

0.jpg

The Episode One Yoda does look horrible. The artists who worked on the original films were true masters of their craft and at the top of their game. These folks also worked on Space: 1999, Planet of the Apes, and the original Battlestar Galactica and many other projects. The Episode One Yoda just looks rushed and made on the cheap.

Back