Favorite scene in all of the Six movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh there are to many to count...

But i can tell you the worst scene of all six movies (i actually was embarrassed about being a SW Fan while sitting in the cinema at this point):

600x800px-LL-Darth%20Vader%20Nooooo.jpg

So hard but I guess for me... opening scene of the Star Destroyer filling the screen.... Goose bumps ever single time.

Last edited:
Easy..opening sequence of ANH when the stormtroopers blast through the blockade runner. I was seven at the time and thought it was just the coolest thing. I was forever a stormtrooper fan after that.

My favorite scene is the second half of the lightsaber duel between Luke and Vader in ROTJ.

Basically from the point where Vader threatens to turn Luke's sister and he leaps up and screams No!!! From there up to the point where he stares down at a defeated Vader and realizes the similarity between the two of them as you hear the mechanics of his hand as he opens and closes it.

To me that sequence sums up so much of what Star Wars was about.

Last edited:
Oh there are to many to count...

But i can tell you the worst scene of all six movies (i actually was embarrassed about being a SW Fan while sitting in the cinema at this point):

600x800px-LL-Darth%20Vader%20Nooooo.jpg

I actually laughed so loud at this scene and its Franenstein-esque crappy-ness that I embarassed my wife in the theatre.

Luke using the Force to call Leia while hanging underneath Cloud City.

To me that was the first real instance of Luke using the Force in a way not directly instructed by Yoda or Obi-Wan. Even the destruction of the Death Star was at the direct urging of Kenobi while using his targeting computer.

I remember as a kid sitting in the theater after Luke lost his hand and lightsaber and was hanging upside down with no conceivable way of getting back into the city. Ben wasn't helping and it just blew my mind that it occurred to him to call Leia and she responded.

I still get chills when he says her name and they immediately cut to the roaring engines of the Falcon. Even before they show her face you know she's going to hear him. Luke's desperation and inspiration, the Falcon's engines, slow pan to Leia's face and the music, the turning point for all the hell they'd all been through as the hope of regrouping is finally rekindled, that's the peak of SW to me.

Funny you should mention Jar Jar, perhaps not my favorite scene of the PT, but the one that gave me the most satisfaction, was where he was basically responsible (through manipulation) for the downfall of the Republic.

I have to admit, I laughed my butt off in the theater.

That still goes back to Qui Gon, the worst Jedi ever. If he hadn't brought Jar Jar along, Jar Jar would've stayed banished.

Luke using the Force to call Leia while hanging underneath Cloud City.

To me that was the first real instance of Luke using the Force in a way not directly instructed by Yoda or Obi-Wan. Even the destruction of the Death Star was at the direct urging of Kenobi while using his targeting computer.

First time he directly used the force without prompting was when he snatched up his lightsaber in the Wampa's cave.

The trash compactor when Han tells Leia to "Get on top of it!"

The very thought of Leia "Getting on top of it" helped me through puberty.

:)

My favorite scene is the second half of the lightsaber duel between Luke and Vader in ROTJ.

Basically from the point where Vader threatens to turn Luke's sister and he leaps up and screams No!!! From there up to the point where he stares down at a defeated Vader and realizes the similarity between the two of them as you hear the mechanics of his hand as he opens and closes it.

To me that sequence sums up so much of what Star Wars was about.

:exactly:

I love the music in the background. I believe its my favorite soundtrack moment of the entire saga.

Honorable mentions -

1) Obi-wan giving Luke background information on "his father's lightsaber;" the score, the script everything is just perfection in that scene

2) Vader on the funeral pyre; I remember even watching that the first time, I teared up. :monkey2

Han Solo shooting Greedo in the cantina (the original version where Solo shot first !) & then just casually getting up, walking past the bar & tossing a few credits at the barman while saying "sorry about the mess" - just so damn cool, why the hell did Lucas have to arse it up ?

Okay, so in this scene, why is it that lightsabers cut through anything (including Lukes arm), but when Luke tags Vader on the right shoulder, Vader's arm doesn't drop off.

Oh, yeah, it wasn't in the script. duh:cuckoo:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7hsAybFZgdk?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7hsAybFZgdk?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Even so, this is also one of my faves.

Back