Favorite Luke?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Luke look?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have impeccable taste VDG. :rock

Are you old too?

I think age isn't the test for good taste, so much as age just has to do with which iteration of the character had the most impact on you. I saw Star Wars right around my 6th Bday, therefore Farmboy Luke was my first exposure to the character, and the look I will always think of when the character is mentioned. Had I been 3 when I saw it, it probably wouldn't have had much of an impact on me, but Bespin Luke would have been the one I identify the character as.

I went with Bespin. I like how DeFabio described him as being in that transitional time where he outgrew being a whiny farmboy, but not a jedi knight yet.

But honestly the ROTJ outfit does the least for me. I do think the one black glove is pretty cool, but that Aunt Beru haircut he's got really knocks the whole look down a few notches!

..but that Aunt Beru haircut he's got really knocks the whole look down a few notches!
:lol You're right actually.

Just to reply to Rushmore there - I always coveted the little Kenner farmboy Luke figure as a kid. Luke in that period defines the whole SW vibe - especially in an iconic, retro chic 70s way!! :rock

So although Bespin is my favourite look overall, Tatooine Luke is a close second - purely because the first film is such a cultural juggernaut, that the period from 1977 till about 1980 will always have the most resonance in a LOT of people's lives. :cool:

Baby_luke.jpg

:huh

Luke as a whole is an iconic character so to me it boils down to suit taste, id go with the black jedi suit. followed by farmboy luke.

Strange to think that Star Wars is 35 years old! I wonder how many 35 year old movies still get regular viewing by the younger set? I know it's sort of a cheat cause of the Sp. Ed., but I know when I was growing up, the oldest movies I tended to watch were Godzilla flicks, and they werent that old.

Talk about staying power.

:lol You're right actually.

Just to reply to Rushmore there - I always coveted the little Kenner farmboy Luke figure as a kid. Luke in that period defines the whole SW vibe - especially in an iconic, retro chic 70s way!! :rock

So although Bespin is my favourite look overall, Tatooine Luke is a close second - purely because the first film is such a cultural juggernaut, that the period from 1977 till about 1980 will always have the most resonance in a LOT of people's lives. :cool:

I would agree that the Tattooine Farmboy Luke is the most iconic look. It screams Star Wars. But my favorite looks are Bespin and Jedi with the cloak. The end scenes of ESB with Luke facing off against Vader and the beginning of Jedi with Luke at Jabba's Palace are my most favorite scenes in the entire trilogy. :lecture

Strange to think that Star Wars is 35 years old! I wonder how many 35 year old movies still get regular viewing by the younger set? I know it's sort of a cheat cause of the Sp. Ed., but I know when I was growing up, the oldest movies I tended to watch were Godzilla flicks, and they werent that old.

Talk about staying power.

Back