Favorite Luke?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Luke look?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jedi has always been my preferred look... probably since I was 5 when it came out that movie has always had the biggest effect on me. Although I still see it as the weakest of the 3 films :lol

I always liked the bespin look. I used to love the POTF figure, and the new TVC was amazing for me...
the new HT figure is just mind blowing

I'm more nostalgic for the Jedi look. That was the one I wanted most as a kid and never had. Dug the black on black with the lone glove.

However the Bespin outfit is by far my favorite. I can't really put my finger on it, but to me that's Luke. I feel the same way about Han too.

I do love how Luke's costuming goes from a light one in ANH, to a grey(ish) one in Empire, and the finally black in Jedi.

Gotta go Jedi. When he took off his hood in Jedi revealing our hero being cast in all black, to me it was so unexpected and it's Luke now finally showing off his mastered skills, too impressive. Of course I wore the Xwing costume when I was like 5 or so, and that'll always stand out to me as a great looking design.

Jedi. Although I'd buy any version going by HT's Bespin figure.

An X-Wing or Snowspeeder Luke would be awesome.

Sideshow are doing a Hoth Luke aren't they?

LOL. I think the only thing that could get the SS atrocity out of my head would in fact be a HT Yavin Luke.

:lol

Heh, yeah. Funny thing is, the SS version looked good as a prototype, but was let down by the paint apps (possibly the worst example from the line).

But in general, I just love the outfit, and Lucasfilm publicity photos from back in the day made it clear that was what Luke was going to be wearing for his "further adventures" (sans jacket, anyway).

I envisage him wearing his "Yavin gear" for diplomatic missions and his "Bespin fatigues" for flight missions (as an X-wing pilot ground uniform).

Had to go with X-Wing pilot Luke. Now HT have shown what they can come up with, a ANH luke with both Farmer and Pilot outfits would be an instant buy for me.

Luke with Endor poncho and helmet.
The look is so uniconic for me that it didn't even register when I was thinking about Luke's various outfits (but I default pretty quickly to the Bespin outfit as a favourite). If SSC ever releases a 1:6 speeder bike, it would make for a pretty cool custom. Hard to see HT making that look a dedicated release, but you never know. Maybe as part of a Jedi Luke DX package?

The look is so uniconic for me that it didn't even register when I was thinking about Luke's various outfits (but I default pretty quickly to the Bespin outfit as a favourite). If SSC ever releases a 1:6 speeder bike, it would make for a pretty cool custom. Hard to see HT making that look a dedicated release, but you never know. Maybe as part of a Jedi Luke DX package?

Really? The Endor outift? That one is Iconic for you? You must be a bit younger than me, cause everytime I see that look, all I can think of is little Teddy Bears somehow defeating the Empire. I remember being embarrassed as a 12 year old at that. Was a good lesson for me, as the Phantom Menace didnt hit me quite so hard because ROTJ had prepared me for what Lucas was capable of.

For Iconic, it will always be Luke in his farm boy outfit, staring at the twin suns of Tatooine. At least for me.

Last edited:
Really? The Endor outift? That one is Iconic for you? You must be a bit younger than me, cause everytime I see that look, all I can think of is little Teddy Bears somehow defeating the Empire. I remember being embarrassed as a 12 year old at that. Was a good lesson for me, as the Phantom Menace didnt hit me quite so hard because ROTJ had prepared me for what Lucas was capable of.

For Iconic, it will always be Luke in his farm boy outfit, staring at the twin suns of Tatooine. At least for me.
I said "uniconic", to the point that when I was doing a slideshow of Luke's looks throughout the series in my mind's eye, I didn't even recall the Endor outfit.

I'm assuming we're about the same age (I'm 41 - edit: did the math and if you were 12 in '83 we're very close!) but that was sort of what I was getting at with my original response to farkasember (basically I'm assuming he's a little younger and Jedi made a bigger impression on him than it did for us older cats). Now that Bespin Luke is in the bag, the only other Luke iteration I could see buying would be the farmboy Luke. I never cared too much for the black outfit, just find it a bit plain.

I hope HT does a farmboy Luke and landspeeder.

I said "uniconic", to the point that when I was doing a slideshow of Luke's looks throughout the series in my mind's eye, I didn't even recall the Endor outfit.

I'm assuming we're about the same age (I'm 41 - edit: did the math and if you were 12 in '83 we're very close!) but that was sort of what I was getting at with my original response to farkasember (basically I'm assuming he's a little younger and Jedi made a bigger impression on him than it did for us older cats). Now that Bespin Luke is in the bag, the only other Luke iteration I could see buying would be the farmboy Luke. I never cared too much for the black outfit, just find it a bit plain.

Ahhhhh. Thats what happens when I split my attention between my work and the forum, didnt notice the un.

Yeah, we are the same age, born in '71.

I agree with the Jedi outfit, and to get even nitpickier (is that a word?) I always thought his hair was too "1950's choir boy". Thought he should have looked a little more rough around the edges, battle scarred, dangerous. instead he just look's like the guy's knocking on my door asking if i'd like a copy of the Watchtower.

...I agree with the Jedi outfit, and to get even nitpickier (is that a word?) I always thought his hair was too "1950's choir boy". Thought he should have looked a little more rough around the edges, battle scarred, dangerous. instead he just look's like the guy's knocking on my door asking if i'd like a copy of the Watchtower.
Haha, yes, I thought that same thing in my reply but was lazy and skipped mentioning it. The haircut, along with the other changes to Hamill's face between Empire and Jedi, make the Jedi look my least favourite.

Back