Favorite Hot toys Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're fine with 1/4-scale, check the Mark 43 out. It has the best proportions, articulation, headsculpt and paint of any IM figure I've seen. It is a little cumbersome though, and I'm always afraid of damaging it.

Mark IV is the best. :) It has a ton of display options and it's still one of the better looking armors to date.

If I had to pick one from my collection it would be the Mark 42. My other favorite armor is not Hot Toys but the Play Imaginative Mark VII. It doesn't have great articulation or a head sculpt but for shear looks it's hard to beat. It also came with a hall of armor.

But if I was going to choose only 1 I would wait for a remake of the Mark VI or Mark VII, depending on which comes out better.

Unfair to compare it to other figures, because it isn't apples with apples, but the 1:4 Mk 43 really is quite something. IMO the sixth scale of the same suit is pretty impressive too. I'm also a little biased as it is one of my favourite designs as well.

Ridiculous answer- the Mark 50. (you did ask about the best that HT has or might release)

Less ridiculous answer- Tony Stark, the Mechanic. The overall movie aside, it was still a cool scene when he was fighting with only a glove and boot.

Serious answer- It depends on the color scheme and design aesthetic you prefer. If you want a classic, simple armor in red and gold, the Mark 3 or 7 would be my suggestions. If you like the more modern armors in the same color scheme, the Mark 43, 45, or 46 are good candidates. If you don't want a suit that's predominantly red with gold accents, the Mark 42's a good armor. And if it's "go big or go home", get the Hulkbuster (Mark 44).

It's been said before, but my advice is to look for the moment in the films that means the most to you and/or the suit that inspires the biggest "this is so awesome" response. And then get the figure associated with that. Even if it's a workshop Tony Stark.

I have the Mark 42, Iron Patriot, Tony Stark the mechanic, Silver Centurion, Heartbreaker, diecast Mark 3, and quarter scale Mark 43.
My favorite 3 are the Mark 42, Mark 3, and Mark 43.

Objectively, the quarter scale Mark 43 is worlds ahead of any of the other 1/6 scale figures. From the proportions to the paint application to the extra articulation (adjustable shoulder pads) to the extremely awesome Tony Stark sculpt, it really is one hell of a figure. It finally feels believable that a man could fit inside it, and if photographed properly you'd swear it was a studio prop. It is that good.

So if I could only get one figure, the quarter scale Mark 43 is easily my choice. It is a head turner, and a centerpiece in anyone's collection.

I think the MKIV is the best design of classic red suits with MKII, Iron Monger and War Machine also being classics. I have a sealed MKIII diecast also...but not sure if I will display it as it's too similar to the MKII and not as good as the MKIV. Personally only interested in suits from the first two IM films.

Suits.jpg

I might be the only person on this board that feels this way, but the Mark 33 (Silver Centurion) is by far my favorite suit. I might be bias because the SC is my favorite suit from the comics. Although I wish the movie version was used more (IMO, it should have been the main suit in IM3) and wish that the paint scheme was a little closer to the comic version, I still think the movie design turned out great. Plus, the proportions are great, the detail is incredible, the headsculpt is awesome, and the blades make it unique.

I might be the only person on this board that feels this way, but the Mark 33 (Silver Centurion) is by far my favorite suit. I might be bias because the SC is my favorite suit from the comics. Although I wish the movie version was used more (IMO, it should have been the main suit in IM3) and wish that the paint scheme was a little closer to the comic version, I still think the movie design turned out great. Plus, the proportions are great, the detail is incredible, the headsculpt is awesome, and the blades make it unique.

You are not alone. I love the Silver Centurion. So you can imagine my surprise when Marvel decided to incorporate that armor into IM3 :) It's an iconic Iron Man armor from the comics plus it has blades on BOTH hands! My only minor rant is that I wished Hot Toys released it in diecast.

You forgot 'can inexplicably be picked up for peanuts on the aftermarket'. I paid just under £100 for mine, brand new.

As a fan of Iron Man in comic form long before the movies became a thing, SC takes pride of place in my cabinet. It's an awesome reinterpretation of the classic comic design, the figure itself is beautifully-made and although the accessories are sparse they give you exactly what you want - a flight pose stand, a second portrait head, the ability to completely change the look of the figure and something quite unique (real metal wrist blades). It's also one of the best-proportioned suits, it really looks like there's a man inside it.

In terms of favourites, for me it comes in third place behind the Mark IV and Mark II AU. Great design, great toy, can be found for great prices.

Back