Favorite Game Music

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whether you love it or you hate it, the Sonic series has some of the best music from the 16-bit era and, in my opinion, musically surpasses Mario during that time period.

Even the substandard Sonic 3D Blast had excellent music.

Agreed sonic has some of the best video game music .

Sega Genesis games in general had some pretty sweet soundtracks. The Revenge of Shinobi, Shinobi III, Batman and Robin, Sub Terrania, etc. It was just an incredible console for music and sound. I wish my Genesis had a headphone adapter.

Too many great tracks in this game but I listen to these ones over and over again. Maybe because they're boss battle tracks.

Man I ****ing loved the music in this game, actually I loved almost everything about this game lol

I talk about this game a lot when I talk about gaming favorites but Bloodborne has to me hands down the best OST I've ever heard in a game. It's Gothic Horror to the extreme, it's beautiful and in your face at the same time, great stuff.

Sega Genesis games in general had some pretty sweet soundtracks. The Revenge of Shinobi, Shinobi III, Batman and Robin, Sub Terrania, etc. It was just an incredible console for music and sound. I wish my Genesis had a headphone adapter.

It really did.

Assassin's Creed Origins has some great music - I've been listening to that a lot lately. The COD WWII theme is also pretty nice. It's been a good few weeks for soundtracks.

I don't like the MGS V soundtrack at all, but this one does it for me. It's another take on the Escape Theme from Ground Zeroes, except there's a certain cognitive dissonance in the sound that really blends the music well.

giphy.gif

The soundtrack on the whole isn’t bad. It’s just not on the caliber of iconic music that the rest of the series is reknowned for. A good number of songs at least have decent synth beats going for them.

1. It's not a song if no one's singing
2. It's a mediocre lazy blandness, which IS bad

I forgot about this one tho. It's ok.

1. It's not a song if no one's singing
2. It's a mediocre lazy blandness, which IS bad

I forgot about this one tho. It's ok.

Yeah, whatever. I'm not going to defend this crap by arguing about it (if anyone insults Hibino's work from MGS 2 that'd be a different story all together!!). I'm positive that if it didn't have the "MGS" label on it, it wouldn't have such a sour taste to everyone's metaphorical pallets. I guess I'm just more open-minded about music, especially when synth is involved.

I agree with you, Solidus. Some folks struggle to differentiate the parts from the whole in MGS5's case. It wasn't all bad.

I agree with you, Solidus. Some folks struggle to differentiate the parts from the whole in MGS5's case. It wasn't all bad.

Yeah, there were some good parts to "V", including the Hospital escape scene, and the rescue mission with Quiet. The music from Justin Burnett was fairly decent, too (and there are nuances to Harry Gregson-Williams in his compositions). The music just wasn't well-presented in-game, and it's really hard to pin most of the tracks to a scene.

Last edited:
With SOTC remake out tomorrow, I'm listening to the majestic soundtrack again for the first time in many years; last played the PS2 version in 2011 but these two tracks always stuck out in my mind.

Back