Favorite film Score/Soundtrack?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Empire Strikes Back
Star Trek The Motion Picture
Conan the Barbarian

These three are as close to perfection as one can get.

I love all The Lord of the Rings EE soundtracks and The Hobbit. Which probably shocks nobody. :lol I also love The Lord of the Rings Symphony and the OST to The Lord of the Rings: The War in the North.

There are multiple others that I love. I have right now 91 OST Albums on my Iphone.
Good list!! :lecture I love all the LOTR soundtracks as well.

tough to narrow down, but here are a few that get heavy rotation...
drivesdtk.jpg

fountain.gif

These are also on my current favorite list.

But, I think my current all time favorite is the Tron:Legacy soundtrack.

I also had a Best of "Dirty Harry" soundtrack that was awesome

I must say I still get chills a year after hear after hearing "Misty Mountain cold" from the Hobbit.

If I made a list of Top tracks from all LOTR films and The Hobbit, this would be top five easy.

While people may not ike the film the score to Returns is absolutely beautiful. It might just Elfman's best work.

Blade Runner, Raiders, all three SW movies, Superman '78, Hook, Fellowship of the Ring, Batman '89, and Once Upon A Time in The West are also some favorites of mine.:exactly:

Agreed, I love the Returns score. I also really enjoy Batman Begins.

The Fellowship of the Ring is also a classic, more memorable than the others for sure. Some great themes in it.

I also like:
Krull
Star Trek 2
Empire Strikes Back
Jurassic Park
Jaws
Last of the Mohicans

Agreed, I love the Returns score. I also really enjoy Batman Begins.

The Fellowship of the Ring is also a classic, more memorable than the others for sure. Some great themes in it.

I also like:
Krull
Star Trek 2
Empire Strikes Back
Jurassic Park
Jaws
Last of the Mohicans

Last of the Mohicans is a great score. Good choice.

Yes, I agree Batman Returns score is one of Elfman's best. However, I had to choose his best. Edward Scissorhands is a haunting, and beautiful score.

Rambo first blood part 2 was very good as well, the abyss, Aliens, Terminator, 1989 batman and all of the Nolan Batmans

I remember driving thru some sheethole neighborhoods in NYC with some buddies back in 1982 playing both the Escape from NYand Deathwish 2 cassette soundtracks in my 71 big block camaro . NYC was rough back then, now it's without a doubt one of the safest cities in the US

M83's "Oblivion" score is the sleeper hit of 2013 in my opinion.

Might be a half descent film if they are doing the score.
Scorpios theme from dirty harry soundtrack is a favourite.
Gritty and etheral at the same time.
Assault on precinct 13 original is very cool.

Gladiator, by Zimmer. "The Battle" is probably my favorite 10-minutes of score in any soundtrack ever written.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Michael Kamen. Better soundtrack than the movie deserved.

Others that are often forgotten ... The Lost World (Williams), Hook (Williams), Back to the Future (Silvestri), Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Williams). The Lost World and Temple of Doom have some really cool ethnic percussion on top of Williams' normal brassy stuff.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Forgot about Joe Hisaishi score for...

Chihiro.jpg

And "The Sixth Station" is my all-time favorite music piece.​

Last edited:
Gladiator, by Zimmer. "The Battle" is probably my favorite 10-minutes of score in any soundtrack ever written.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Michael Kamen. Better soundtrack than the movie deserved.

Others that are often forgotten ... The Lost World (Williams), Hook (Williams), Back to the Future (Silvestri), Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Williams). The Lost World and Temple of Doom have some really cool ethnic percussion on top of Williams' normal brassy stuff.

SnakeDoc

Yeah, I love the gladiator score too. My favorite on that has to be "Am I not merciful?"

I need to go back and listen to those on the Gladiator soundtrack, but I know I have "Finally We Are Free" on my iTunes

I caught a bit of The Shining on tv last night. Between this and A Clockwork Orange, Wendy Carlos did two great scores. Creepy as hell.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWbI19Pt_nU[/ame]

Wojciech Kilar's Dracula, hands down one of the best soundtracks ever made.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2PhRsV92uU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2PhRsV92uU[/ame]

Simply too many great scores to choose from but the ones that I repeatedly listen to are Inception, TDK trilogy and TLOTR trilogy extended editions.

Also like Senna, Braveheart, Titanic, Highlander, The Place Beyond the Pines and of course SW, Indy etc

Last edited:
Back