Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does Singer release good movies under Fox?

Why didn't Fox ruin Singer's movies like they did with Trask?

Are we sure that Fox was the problem?

This ****** pot head was way over his head, Fincher he will never be.

What was his glorious vision for this movie, a boring lab study 2 hours long.

I don't feel bad for Fox they made their bed now lay on it.

Yes, this. How convenient of Trank to publicly claim that he has this awesome original cut of the film. Yeah right. For all we know the abhorrent third act was HIS and it was Fox that salvaged the opening scenes.

I don't buy for one second that Fox saw another DOFP and then went out of their way to ruin it.

Caught the movie lastnight. Everything makes sense now as far as the crappy trailers go.

The Bad

-The movie is VERY slow. This is no doubt a main orgin story.
-There is about 5 min. of action and that's at the very end of the movie when they fight Doom, so that's why there wasn't anything really show in the trailers imo.

The Good

-Acting was good.
-Visual effects were good.
-Story wasn't bad.
-Doom was cool

Overall the movie wasn't bad, but wasn't great. I walked into this with zero expectations and left the theater satisfied. This is a very slow movie that is basically just an orgin story to set up for a big sequel. I think people had this movie pegged as bad from the get go and others are just running with it.

How does Singer release good movies under Fox?

Why didn't Fox ruin Singer's movies like they did with Trask?

Are we sure that Fox was the problem?

This ****** pot head was way over his head, Fincher he will never be.

What was his glorious vision for this movie, a boring lab study 2 hours long.

I don't feel bad for Fox they made their bed now lay on it.

Singer was already and accomplished director when starting the mutant flicks.

Trank made a decent home video...ish movie.

MV5BNTUyNDU3MTE0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI2OTU5Ng@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

"fantastic Four, Yo!!"

I don't think this movie would be a ringing endorsement for Trank's drug dealer. Or maybe it would... :lol

"From the dispensary that brought you Fant4stic..."

I'm just glad people started to use "Fant-four-stick".
Can't believe it took everyone so long to catch the stupidity of it.

Given my apathy towards the movie anyway, combined with the reception, it looks like the Corman version will continue to be the only FF movie I've seen.

I bet fox was planning a fantastic four xmen cross over so they can get their hands on that delicious avengers box office. I seriously hope this movie crashes and burns in the worst way possible. Too bad international audiences seem to eat up any American superhero movie. They need to learn to avoid crap.

Nah, buy a ticket for FF. Whether it's a case of poor direction, studio interference, or a combination, people worked on the movie. Honestly, if I wasn't so busy these days I'd probably kill 2 hours out of curiosity. As much as I've participated in the pre-game shenanigans in this thread I dont hate Trank or Fox. But this practice of rushing a movie for the sake of keeping the rights is screwing everyone and the franchise.

This is why Adam Sandler is a millionaire....

Those people already got paid. Got paid for their work
The only one. Losing here is fox higher ups

F this movie, people should get the ticket for ant man

Two posts up you just got done saying you enjoyed FF4 *much* more than AOU and Ant-man, and then finished this post saying you want Marvel to get the rights back..... sorry, that just makes no sense to me. You should either commit to liking the movie with the understanding that Fox did ok and should do another, or the movie was **** so Marvel should have it back. I know you were one of the only people that stood behind the movie, and maybe feel like you have to like it to save face.... but it is ok to be wrong about a movie. Most of us wont beat on you too much :)

:lol

I said I want Marvel to get the rights back because Fox pretty much sabotaged Trank's movie, that's the only reason.

Is it technically better than Ant-Man? Definitely not, and that's because somewhere in the middle of the movie someone else took over and made it a bad generic superhero movie. I do think it was better than AOU though, even though the editing in this movie is somehow worse than AOU as well.

But watching the first act shows how much potential this movie had, the third act doesn't even makes sense. Based on reviews, I was expecting this to be X-Men Origins bad, and it wasn't.

Last edited:
Back