Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elektra (2005)
Audience Rating: 47%

Catwoman (2004)
Audience Rating: 34%

Jonah Hex (2010)
Audience Rating: 24%

The fact that "Jonah Hex" is at the bottom of this list, despite being better than the rest, says a lot about "audience".

image.jpg

Well its clear that Trank was not going to do a verbatim version of the FF.
And the comic book fans would have probably ended up not liking it. A good scifi movie but probably not a comic book movie like fanboys expected.
But Fox and co agreed to his vision, he showed them a rough cut and after all the bad rep and hate that the movie got online studios excecs tought it was too dark, too bleak, humorless.
So they inject 24 millions 24 MILLIONS for re shoots!!! They basically reshot half of the movie.
And they did it without Trank, Kinberg and Vaughn seem to have acted as Ghost directors and they did not give a ****, lets just finish this.
Whats i find quite sad is that Trank is taking all the ****storm first a movie he did not finished.
Everybody agrées that the movie has its moments (the opening is pure amblin, the discovery of their new abilities) and that you can see where its going then bam! Its ****ed up, rushed and goes nowhere, thanks to Kinberg and Vaughn.
Now Trank may not be a good guy and has clearly some issues but other directors were not good guys and had troubles on their sets.
I can think about at least two big blockbusters i worked on in the uk recently that had very very dirty behind the scene stuff but none of them made the headlines.
Trank was stupid to be so vocal on the web, he acted like a regular guy losing it when everybody was ****ing on his work, he should have know better and acted like a Hollywood bot.

The word of mouth indicates it's more along the lines of "pothead wannabe auteur makes incomprehensible movie and producers step in to salvage their investment" than "studio ruins genius's artistic vision."

It makes me sick that Hollywood is such a close group
This guy is already on the inside.

He could shoot someone and he will always have a career... Look at how even pedos still get to work in Hollywood

Well its clear that Trank was not going to do a verbatim version of the FF.
And the comic book fans would have probably ended up not liking it. A good scifi movie but probably not a comic book movie like fanboys expected.
But Fox and co agreed to his vision, he showed them a rough cut and after all the bad rep and hate that the movie got online studios excecs tought it was too dark, too bleak, humorless.
So they inject 24 millions 24 MILLIONS for re shoots!!! They basically reshot half of the movie.
And they did it without Trank, Kinberg and Vaughn seem to have acted as Ghost directors and they did not give a ****, lets just finish this.
Whats i find quite sad is that Trank is taking all the ****storm first a movie he did not finished.
Everybody agrées that the movie has its moments (the opening is pure amblin, the discovery of their new abilities) and that you can see where its going then bam! Its ****ed up, rushed and goes nowhere, thanks to Kinberg and Vaughn.
Now Trank may not be a good guy and has clearly some issues but other directors were not good guys and had troubles on their sets.
I can think about at least two big blockbusters i worked on in the uk recently that had very very dirty behind the scene stuff but none of them made the headlines.
Trank was stupid to be so vocal on the web, he acted like a regular guy losing it when everybody was ****ing on his work, he should have know better and acted like a Hollywood bot.

Yup, based on all the reports, it looks like they scrapped most of his movie because it was basically a horror/scifi film, Fox got Kinberg and Vaughn to try and make this as close to a generic superhero movie as possible so they can at least make a sequel and integrate the F4 with X-Men. Fox basically stripped most of the action set pieces and made the movie as short as possible to lower the budget.

I doubt Disney would touch FF now- just so tainted by so many bad films they will stay far far away from it

Raiders is one of the best movies ever made and it's only 10 minutes longer than FF4. :lol

Fox has disrespected the property enough, give it back to Marvel.

Ultimately the blame does lay with the studio and their producers because they hired this idiot knowing what his vision was going to be.

I doubt Disney would touch FF now- just so tainted by so many bad films they will stay far far away from it

Nah, they will try to get that back the first chance they have. There are a lot of good stuff tied to the F4 rights (Kang, Doom, Galactus, The Skrulls, Taskmaster, Uatu) that they can use on the MCU. Not only that, but they are actively trying to get ALL franchises back. I'm hoping that Marvel/Disney is able to make a deal and get the F4 back in exchange for a lump sum of money plus allowing Fox to go ahead with their X-Men tv show.

Back