Fantacular

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Fantacular was a disaster for several reasons:

1. It came too soon after Spooktacular. The cool factor wore off.
2. Most of the contests were in the chat room which only the people with unlimited time on their hands could participate in.
3. The discussions in the chatroom had no order. People just type whatever they feel. When a guest came in, 20 people would say hi. There was no order and only in the end did they realize moderation was in order.
4. The deals were okay, but they already had better deals on the same items a week before.

I apologise on behalf of sideshow for your distress.

FAO all sideshow employees:

Repeat after me " I ........... promise not to giveaway too many FREE merchandise & announce many new cool stuff too close together as this cause undue stress upon our target consumers *cough* victims *cough*

:D :D :rolleyes: :google

fantacular30nr.jpg

Last edited:
Collector Freak said:
I think the Fantacular was a disaster for several reasons:

2. Most of the contests were in the chat room which only the people with unlimited time on their hands could participate in.
3. The discussions in the chatroom had no order. People just type whatever they feel. When a guest came in, 20 people would say hi. There was no order and only in the end did they realize moderation was in order.
4. The deals were okay, but they already had better deals on the same items a week before.

Just gotta wonder how much time you actually spent in the chatroom. And, how familiar you are with large numbers chatting, all at the same time. :) Disaster? With the announcements that were made? I think not! I do agree that the 2 events, spook and fan were a little close together. Really didn't have time to recover from spook and we were thrown right into fan, but that's what they did and we coped with it.

I think SS did a great job of handing out the prizes. Many of them were all just giveaways in the chatroom. Like 5 or 6 crowns all at once, but there were many good deals to be had, and the trivia questions just kept on a comin! I really don't think the contests were lopsided or geared to just the chat at all, but for those tht spent 12 hours + each day in the chat, it was sure nice to have Chris back with his infamous Doors! It's jsut a shame that they haven't yet found my RWOS in the warehouse and emailed me to tell me that he is on the way as the prize they forgot to give out! :naughty

Where else can you find a company that is so consumer oriented? Wher eelse will you find a company that actually cares what it's customers think? I haven't found any, and I really appreciate the efforts that SS and the webteam go to for us! Now, on to the next event!

I gotta agree with Beruthiel, the chat room was a blast. I stumbled upon it late Tuesday night, and only stayed for a couple minutes, but I spent several hours on Wednesday just getting the feel of it. By Wednesday night I realized what the chat was all about--having fun! No more no less, occasional actual conversations would start, otherwise it was just, well fun. I felt warmly welcomed into the fold and spent the remaining two days hanging out and having as much fun as possible! :joy

Chuck!!!! That photoshop job is hilarious! Thanks for making me smile :D

And thanks to everyone who participated... we try to make it as fun as possible, and yes, the nature of internet chat is very crazy/fun with everyone talking at once, which is why we moderated for the major announcements (LOTR Premium Format and Mat's chat about Jedi Luke and the Star Wars 12"). And for those who just had no idea what was going on and so didn't stick around... well, that's why we had 14 Mistress giveaways on the main Fantacular page as well! :banana Chat transcripts of the important Q&As will most likely be posted on the Sideshow site soon (just like we did for Comic Con) so stay tuned to the newsletter! :duff

And that's why I don't go into the chat room. The moderation is something much needed and wasn't there when SSC started doing chat. And you think it's bad now? Before, questions were taken on the chat for guests, not emailed to SSC, and the way you could win stuff was to wait until they asked the question and the type your ass off trying to post the correct answer in chat before anyone else. I've seen that it's improved somewhat now a days, but it's still doesn't interest me much.

I actually ordered more from Fantacular then I did from Spook. My first order should be coming in tomorrow, and then the second one the following day!

I agree, it was too soon.

And to me, the BIGGEST announcement was the Hot Toys deal, not the LOTR revival. Happy for you Rings fans but affordable Hot Toys?? THATS big news!! :banana :banana :banana

Now, if I can just get Hot Toys to start making Apes figures.....:naughty

Back