Fallout: New Vegas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kain4521

You know that one too/Mod
Reaction score
Bethesda Announce ''Fallout: New Vegas''
Written Monday, April 20, 2009 by Alan Pettit

Showing off its third-party lineup today in London, Bethesda dropped a bit of a bombshell on a title coming from the publisher: Fallout: New Vegas. This is not add-on content for the current Fallout 3, it is not a sequel (hence the lack of a number) and it won't be losing the feel of Fallout (like Fallout Tactics did), but instead a new RPG in the same vein as Fallout 3 will be coming sometime next year.

Bethesda will be handing the developing reigns off to Obsidian Entertainment (Knights of the Old Republic II, Neverwinter Nights II, Alpha Protocol) so the series will be in safe hands. Obsidian is home to many ex-Interplay employees (the company responsible for the first two Fallout games), making the transition that much smoother.

No trailer, artwork, plot or pretty much any other details were released, but stay tuned.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-2542-Bethesda-Announce---Fallout--New-Vegas--.html

Glad to see the franchise keep moving forward. Unfortunatly I still have not heard anything of a new Elder Scrolls game.

Yeah I got that. I don't care who is handling it. Give me another Elder Scrolls first! :tap:rotfl

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LoXfiSU_wqE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LoXfiSU_wqE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Yeah I got that. I don't care who is handling it. Give me another Elder Scrolls first! :tap:rotfl

The guy that does voices for all of Bethesda's Elder Scrolls games (and Fallout 3) came into TRU the other day and said have started working on the next Elder Scrolls.

The TRU I work at is about 30 minutes from Bethesda HQ.

Yeah, it definately is good news. But I figure the game would be out sometime around fall 2010 at the earliest. Elder Scroll games take a long time to make :(.

I could really care less about this "New Vegas" game, but we'll see how it turns out.

I believe they are basically pulling off a Call of Duty here. For those of you that don't understand, I'll explain:

Call of Duty: Infinity Ward > Treyarch > Infinity Ward
Leapfrog style game making, where both studios make games at the same time, so Activision can release one each year

Fallout: Bethesda > Obsidian > Bethesda
Might not be such a bad thing, but it might lose some of the magic of Fallout 3

On a side note, Obsidian made Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, which was a pretty awesome game :D

On a side note, Obsidian made Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, which was a pretty awesome game :D

No they made Knights of the Old Republic II. Which was bad compared to the first made by BioWare. Obsidian didn't even finish the game. They cut the whole ending of the game off and slapped on a hurried up ending.

Wow Im sorry, can't believe I made that mistake. I was thinking of KOTOR 2 the entire time, but I guess I forgot to add the 2. Ive never played KOTOR 1, but I thought KOTOR 2 was great. Too bad I never finished it, cuz I kept getting owned near the ending.

Back