Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't played skyrim in a while and I forgot how I made money. I think I enchanted stuff and sold it I cant remember. Either that or I did some kind of exploit

on Xbox? I had a level capped character that I've played since launch and then about 4 months ago my Xbox's HD failed so I lost my save and I tried to make another character but its not the same :( plus now I've noticed on Xbox if you put away the bow and arrow before using it it shoots behind me, so annoying.

Yeah. On xbox. The graphics are sharp when I first load my save, but when Iress B for the menus, so e graphics scale down.

Haven't had a chance to post these Skyrim customs until now, just as the fire seems to be dying. It's a shame they abandoned DLC's for this one.

Sadly, I'll probably be starting a new character again soon for one last run.

Haven't had a chance to post these Skyrim customs until now, just as the fire seems to be dying. It's a shame they abandoned DLC's for this one.

Sadly, I'll probably be starting a new character again soon for one last run.

Badass those look great.

Awesome customs! I dont get why they seem to have moved on. Such a vast and detailed world that they created. Even if Bethesda handed development of new quests over to a third party, a lot of us would still buy in.

The variety of customization options for your character creation is phenomenal. Easily my favorite part of the game so far.

I loved the designs of the environments, though I found it difficult to see/focus on anything. It's like, everything is either really, really dark or really shiny. :lol

Though that could just be because I'm used to playing WoW and don't have much experience with Elder Scroll games.

Hated the starting zone, what a confusing mess...hopefully they add some sort of introduction video to let you know where the hell you are and what's going on.

Questing didn't excite me as much as I was hoping. I never really understood what my purpose was, or felt a strong reason to help any of these people I'm encountering.

It didn't feel nearly as immersive as Skyrim, but once I started exploring more and came to the first "major" city I was having a lot of fun.

Overall I though it was a bit underwhelming. I'm betting once you get out of the starting island zones and into the real world it gets much more exciting. Like I said though, I'm so used to playing World of Warcraft and it's MMO clones that this is kind of new territory for me. Takes some getting used to. I think the long term Elder Scrolls fans will be able to appreciate it a lot more.

The beautiful armor designs are enough to make me buy this game. I could stare at them all day.

The variety of customization options for your character creation is phenomenal. Easily my favorite part of the game so far.

I loved the designs of the environments, though I found it difficult to see/focus on anything. It's like, everything is either really, really dark or really shiny. :lol

Though that could just be because I'm used to playing WoW and don't have much experience with Elder Scroll games.

Hated the starting zone, what a confusing mess...hopefully they add some sort of introduction video to let you know where the hell you are and what's going on.

Questing didn't excite me as much as I was hoping. I never really understood what my purpose was, or felt a strong reason to help any of these people I'm encountering.

It didn't feel nearly as immersive as Skyrim, but once I started exploring more and came to the first "major" city I was having a lot of fun.

Overall I though it was a bit underwhelming. I'm betting once you get out of the starting island zones and into the real world it gets much more exciting. Like I said though, I'm so used to playing World of Warcraft and it's MMO clones that this is kind of new territory for me. Takes some getting used to. I think the long term Elder Scrolls fans will be able to appreciate it a lot more.

The beautiful armor designs are enough to make me buy this game. I could stare at them all day.

Oh wow ....hadn't kept up with this. Didn't realise it was even close to Beta.

Can you tell us more about how its not an MMO WOW clone? I'm very curious !

Just think of Skyrim as an MMO.

The combat, questing, compass minimap, lootable chests/sacks/vases.

You can't target players/enemies like in World of Warcraft or most other MMO's. You have to actually aim at them and click to attack. Left mouse click for light attack, hold left mouse click for heavy attack, right mouse click to block, etc. There's no auto attacking either.

The only thing that resembles WoW is the chat and grouping system from what I experienced.

You have a small chat window in the bottom left hand corner. You can /yell, /say, /whisper, /group and /zone. Pretty close to WoW's chat system.

When grouped you can see other players' locations on the map as blue dots...so, yeah. Like WoW.

Questing is just the same as Skyrim. Walk up to an NPC and press "E" to chat with them. You're given certain comments/questions you can ask them. The NPC responses are voiced, too. The NPCs that you can't talk to will just say "Hello" or "Welcome" (stuff like that) when you try talking to them.

It's funny cause a lot of the NPCs hadn't been voiced yet, so they just had these generic robot voices. :lol The ones that had been voiced already were very well-acted and believable though.

The compass at the top of the screen is very simple yet efficient. I think it's the same as Skyrim.

In your quest journal there's a section called "Lore/Libraries" which is basically a record of all the books/scrolls you've read. I came across a lot of them in my short play time.

There are four classes to choose from: Nightblade, Templar, Sorcerer and Dragonknight.

The classes have much more variety than WoW's. Like, I think you can wield any weapon as any class. I made a Nightblade with dual one-hand axes, and a Dragonknight with a bow and arrows. Arrow ammunition is unlimited, by the way.

I didn't pay much attention to the skill/talent system..but I'd say it's very different from WoW's. You gain skill points by leveling and collecting "skyshards" that are found around the world. Each class has three talent trees to choose from, but there are also trees for your weapons and armor..?
Like I said, I didn't pay it much attention. Was a bit confusing. :lol

You do choose abilities through your skill points, that are then put on an action bar at the bottom of the screen though. Since there's no mouse cursor for combat, you can't click them. They're keybound to 1, 2, 3, etc. You can change them around though.

For Elder Scrolls fans I would say yes. For your average MMO fan, I'm not sure. It depends on what the end-game content is like. I didn't get high enough to dungeon or PvP, so I can't really comment on that.

I think Elder Scrolls fans, the type of people who still play and enjoy Skyrim, who have dedicated 500+ hours to that game, will absolutely love ESO. The whole point of an MMO is that you can't really beat it. There's no "end" to the game. It's kind of like living an alternate, fantasy life. There are always updates. New threats, new quests, new loot, new zones, new stories, etc. There's always a reason to log back on. And the fact that fans can explore this world with their friends only gives them more reason to come back.

I think I'll be purchasing the game. Even though there were some things I didn't like, I enjoyed what I saw enough to want to come back and experience it in it's full form.

I can only see it getting better at this point anyway. The game doesn't come out for another half a year right?

Any chance they're gonna backslide on that 15/month? I'd really like to get this but I don't even pay that for Netflix. And because I'm (barely) a responsible adult, I won't be able to spend 24/7 on this thing.

$15 a month is the standard price for MMOs.

If the game turns out to be a dud, it will likely go free-to-play, but with how popular this game is right now I can't see that happening for about a year. But I don't think it will be a dud either, so...

Compare the $15 a month to how much you spend on console games. $60 for a single console game, $60 for four months of MMO play time.

I must say after 2 years of not playing this game (due to having a couple of kids) it really is the best game to come out in years. This game is such a time suck (in the best way possible). I was at level 34 two years ago and about 50 hours in. I decided it would be best to start over. I hardly remembered the story.

I'm so glad I decided to put next gen aside for a moment and focus on this. What a remarkable game this is.

I must say after 2 years of not playing this game (due to having a couple of kids) it really is the best game to come out in years. This game is such a time suck (in the best way possible). I was at level 34 two years ago and about 50 hours in. I decided it would be best to start over. I hardly remembered the story.

I'm so glad I decided to put next gen aside for a moment and focus on this. What a remarkable game this is.

Get all the DLC early for extra time suckage.
It really adds to the experience.

Really is the best game in yrs.

Back