Media Fallout 76

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of what Bethesda has done is indefensible, but for the most part I've enjoyed playing Fallout 76. It's far from perfect and needs a lot of polish but there are a lot of things I really like about it.

The Atom store prices are certainly not one of them. They are ridiculous, but more so in the fact that they would sell a lot more of these cosmetics if they priced them more reasonably.

What is essentially $18 for a skin is certainly ridiculous. But also keep in mind that if you really wanted to, you could unlock that item (and anything else in the store) at no additional charge because you are rewarded Atoms in the game for completing various challenges, including several daily ones that reset.

So yes, the $20 vs $18 argument still stands, but you can get the $18 skin for free for playing the game whereas the $20 DLC must be purchased (which, from what I know of the game, is well worth the price).

That skin you see in the comparison I actually own....

I didnt pay a dime for it.

All paid via in game currency....And I barley have time to play

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Unless I missed something, the only change I saw was that caps (in-game currency, not Atoms) are no longer a guaranteed drop from Super Mutants after a certain level (15 or so I believe). Which is not a big deal since they only gave a few caps each anyway.

There was never really any grinding for Atoms anyway. There are universal challenges everyone does, and a several repeatable ones per day. I've bought a lot from the Atom store from just these challenges.

9dd93c427328ad50df7042e24e7d8ca2.jpg

Anyone remember Bethesda getting caught in a **** storm for releasing horse armor for $2.50. Almost seems like a bargain these days. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The focus on DLC by video game companies isn't something I can deal with. You pay $50-60 for a game, that should be it. If they want to give it to you for free or a heavy discount and then nickle and dime you, whatever. You can make an exception with something where you get another mini game that doesn't take away from the main storyline, as with the Spider-Man or GTA DLC's, but skins and horse armors and powerups? **** that. I may be left behind from games, but we see where it's going with Capcom's stupid patch including promotional logos on the damn characters. And it just gets worse and worse. I would rather just retreat to the games of my youth and let that be that.

Back