Media Fallout 76

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres multiple nuke sites on the map and if you get all the launch site keys (5 i think also i think they are random enemy drops). You can pick anywhere on the map to nuke.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Honestly not sold on this. I love the story of fallout more than anything, so knowing that there probably wont be much of one here bums me out.

Crouching or going into "stealth" mode will let you disappear from the mini map so other players won't see you or track you.

I wasn't a big fan of the idea originally, as I typically prefer to play solo in shorter bursts, which Fallout is great at.

However, I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Some online games are great fun, and there have definitely been some unexpected gems when it comes to the addition of multiplayer, that I couldn't imagine being any good but surprisingly were. The Last of Us is a prime example of that.

With all that said, I've pre-ordered the Power Armour Edition because I love me some Fallout. Online or not.

Honestly not sold on this. I love the story of fallout more than anything, so knowing that there probably wont be much of one here bums me out.

No, wait! Let me fill you in, it's really cool, honest! So....after the nukes hit, they opened up these rents in the earth from which massive, bat-like creatures called Scorchbeasts emerged. The reason you need to set off nukes again is that it's the only way to close the rents back up.

I really wish I was making this up, but a member of the team said it in one of Fallout 76's videos.

It's....I.....yeah.

Bethesda says the game will continue forever or as long as people want to play it.

0CD84C09-AAEF-4F84-929C-1D48787A3787.jpeg

Yeah, I love Fallout, but this just feels like they're trying to GTA V Online the franchise. And I don't personally see that as a good thing. A very profitable thing, probably, but not a great thing in the long term for gamers. Particularly fans of the single player narrative experience.

More and more of the successful single player franchises leaning heavily into an online multiplayer focus is a bit of a worrying trend, in my view.

I'm not anti-online gaming, but it is important to maintain a variety of gaming experiences and styles to match the variety of gamers and gaming preferences out there, that's all. So every time I see a top tier franchise jump the fence to the other side, it is a bit of a worry. Especially when there is nothing to step into the gap it left behind.

I don't get the 'only online' concept. Conan Exiles was a MMO, but I still had a blast playing offline. I was essentially an underpowered NPC, but it was fun.

I don't get the 'only online' concept. Conan Exiles was a MMO, but I still had a blast playing offline. I was essentially an underpowered NPC, but it was fun.
Its a problem because in australia every online game ive ever played gets disconnected atleast every hour. But usually the games would just enter offline mode but this doesn't have that mode

Its a problem because in australia every online game ive ever played gets disconnected atleast every hour. But usually the games would just enter offline mode but this doesn't have that mode

Yeah, the last game I played online was MGO, and I had the same issues.
I don't get with the amount of work they pumped into this game, they didn't cater for single players just wanting to explore this world. I don't need quests, just a post apocalyptic world to explore, mutant creatures and raiders to kill, settlements to build. Conan Exiles had me surviving, building, and prepping for long journey's exploring the world. Sure, I couldn't fight worth a damn, but I had a tremendous amount of fun with what they gave me.

I wouldnt expect mutch more than a basic first person shooter. Considering how little of an rpg 4 was.
Yeah, the last game I played online was MGO, and I had the same issues.
I don't get with the amount of work they pumped into this game, they didn't cater for single players just wanting to explore this world. I don't need quests, just a post apocalyptic world to explore, mutant creatures and raiders to kill, settlements to build. Conan Exiles had me surviving, building, and prepping for long journey's exploring the world. Sure, I couldn't fight worth a damn, but I had a tremendous amount of fun with what they gave me.

I participated in the Bethesda stress test today on the XB1 did anyone else?
Interesting experience.
The fully revealed map:
7CAF70B7-7D61-4659-B490-EF902D788695.jpeg
It really is huge, in about 3 hrs I made it from the vault down south to the airport.
I was taking my time and not in a full on sprint.
By the end I had reached lvl 5.

Last edited:
I participated in the Bethesda stress test today on the XB1 did anyone else?
Interesting experience.
The fully revealed map:
View attachment 430106
It really is huge, in about 3 hrs I made it from the vault down south to the airport.
I was taking my time and not in a full on sprint.
By the end I had reached lvl 5.

And? Was it fun? I didn't put my name in the hat for the stress test but will try out the BETA.

And? Was it fun? I didn't put my name in the hat for the stress test but will try out the BETA.

It was.
The two big worries for most Fallout fans was if they could solo the game and not worry about getting harassed by other players.
Bethesda has seemingly pulled this off.
Each map/server will only have 24 players max on it. Given how big the map is it won’t be that often you’ll run into others and you can see where everyone else is on the map so you can avoid as well. There is a pacifist mode where other players won’t be able to damage you and you have to actually opt into any pvp action.
There is a hunter vs hunted round robin mode players can opt into by tuning into a certain radio station and you can go after other players that way. Again, optional.
The mechanics are a little different than previous Fallouts but still fun. Perk cards are fun. Graphics are ok. Frame rate was really bad in some cases but the build was an older one according to Bethesda. They do plan on more stress tests.

Back