• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

eBay situation =/

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spoke to eBay, the representative was really nice. I explained the situation to them and they told me they have record of everything on their end, and according to the rep, she said to let the case open and close on it's own and not do anything, don't accept the return, and that eBay will close the case in my favor because I did say everything to the buyer in the listing and in our direct messages before the bid was placed. Hopefully this is true and everything works out. I might send the buyer a message just to let them know eBay will be settling everything through the case that he opened or maybe should just not say anything and let time pass?

Just follow the eBay reps advice and wait, they said the case is in your favor. If I were you, I'd say nothing to the buyer and just let time pass. He seems like a ****** anyways.

I've done thousands of transactions since joining eBay in 2000 and can say that it is a good forum for buying and selling. However, there are definitely some shady people on there. If you say no refunds on your listing then you should stick to it. Of course you risk bad feedback but even good transactions can result in some **** saying something bad about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the moral support guys! Hopefully that eBay rep was candid about the case going in my favor, I know when the case opens, probably a different person will review it but hopefully what she said stands through. I might give them another call on Monday and get a 2nd opinion just in case.

The buyer left me negative feedback before the case even opened. I had contacted them prior to let them know that eBay would tell me how to proceed after the case is opened and I guess they didn't care. I'm going to contact eBay again regarding the case and I'm going to tell them about the buyer leaving feedback before they even did any exchange or return and see if they can have it removed. Hopefully this is more evidence to help them side with in my favor, since the buyer didn't even bother waiting for the "possible" return request to go through that they originally started.

Should some of us contact that buyer and shun him on your behalf? I will be adding this loser to my blocked list soon. I mean deadboy1666 does have items for sale.....

Look at what Deadboy1666 has for sale...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-Captain-America-Star-Spangled-Man-/122586889498?hash=item1c8abf7d1a:g:hlIAAOSwKoRZYC8M

"Up for auction is a recently purchased used hot toy on eBay. I bid on two of the same Caps and won both auctions, so here I'm selling it for $40 less than I paid for it. It's in used condition but looks in good shape. I didn't own it I just received it in the mail yesterday and I'm posting it for sale. So happy bidding. Jump on it while it's hot. This Sideshow exclusive treads as high as $300. Bid on it and it can be yours. No returns, no exceptions."

And I'd report back to ebay and tell them that he/she obviously feels it's worth the same as what they bought it from you for. Ridiculous.

Look at what Deadboy1666 has for sale...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-Captain-America-Star-Spangled-Man-/122586889498?hash=item1c8abf7d1a:g:hlIAAOSwKoRZYC8M

"Up for auction is a recently purchased used hot toy on eBay. I bid on two of the same Caps and won both auctions, so here I'm selling it for $40 less than I paid for it. It's in used condition but looks in good shape. I didn't own it I just received it in the mail yesterday and I'm posting it for sale. So happy bidding. Jump on it while it's hot. This Sideshow exclusive treads as high as $300. Bid on it and it can be yours. No returns, no exceptions."

And I'd report back to ebay and tell them that he/she obviously feels it's worth the same as what they bought it from you for. Ridiculous.

I am at a loss for words. Not only is he lying (he bought it for $150), he fails to mention the issue with the arm unlike my original listing nor posts in hand photos, and our eBay case isn't even closed yet. When I call eBay on Wednesday as per their instruction, I'm going to mention the negative feedback he posted as well as this listing for proof which clearly shows his malicious intentions.

I am at a loss for words. Not only is he lying (he bought it for $150), he fails to mention the issue with the arm unlike my original listing nor posts in hand photos, and our eBay case isn't even closed yet. When I call eBay on Wednesday as per their instruction, I'm going to mention the negative feedback he posted as well as this listing for proof which clearly shows his malicious intentions.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Oh man, I do love me a good 'tables have turned' situation. My reaction after all that **** the buyer tried to pull and then turning around and trying to sell it again...

tumblr_n7fg8jU03s1sfe681o1_250.gif

But I do sympathize for your situation. I've had this happen to me before as well. People like the buyer are the reason why I am always skeptical about selling on e(vil)Bay. God speed, buddy.

I just spoke to eBay, the representative was really nice. I explained the situation to them and they told me they have record of everything on their end, and according to the rep, she said to let the case open and close on it's own and not do anything, don't accept the return, and that eBay will close the case in my favor because I did say everything to the buyer in the listing and in our direct messages before the bid was placed. Hopefully this is true and everything works out. I might send the buyer a message just to let them know eBay will be settling everything through the case that he opened or maybe should just not say anything and let time pass?

I believe they record calls... so you should be able to take what they said to the bank. Also, be sure to mention when you contact him that he is now selling a similar or maybe even the same figure on eBay with no mention of damage. I'd think that would also help shed some light on the situation.

You might have to wait until the case is closed to get the negative removed, but you can always try and indicate that it's not appropriate for him to leave a negative given the fact he has already blackmailed you with feedback and he hasn't given the case time enough to be resolved. At the very least if the case is found in your favor you can get it removed then.

I've done this twice recently with buyers who tried to pull some **** and then when they were shut down by eBay they left me a negative.

I started this thread to inform people about eBay being bad for the small seller a while ago:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ions/176202-warning-collectors-sell-ebay.html

Stuff like this is what I've come across searching about eBay problems and eBay scams.

At best if you have to sell on eBay you have to know when to be vague and when to describe items in perfect detail. For example, if it's new make sure it is unopened. As an opened figure or statue that is inspected is no longer new and buyers can win that case. If it is used and you think something is wrong with it, make sure to test it because if it's broken the buyer can use the "not as described" case and win. Same goes with stating things that can be seen as different by a buyer like color. It's best not to use color in the auction description at all.

Sometimes you can catch a scam buyer by stupid messages or no messages at all. But as I said in my thread, since eBay doesn't allow negative feedback on buyers for people to see it's almost impossible to know who you are dealing with before hand.

Case was closed, eBay closed it in my favor:

"We reviewed this case and have closed it without any refund to the buyer.
The case will not affect your seller performance. Any feedback left for this transaction will be removed.
We determined that the item is as described."

My negative feedback wasn't removed automatically so I have to contact them regarding that. I don't know how to block this guy, and I'm debating whether or not I should leave negative feedback for his demands and threats while stating that the case closed in my favor before I block him (if there is a way to) to warn people about him, or just let it be since the case is done with right now. I was open to the partial refund of $30 but he kept pushing and his behavior became negative so I'm glad he got his due via karma.

If you can leave him a negative feedback, I would, IMO.

Concerning blocking buyers, there's definitely a way to do it. I can't remember at the moment. It's either in your seller setting or when you are making the auction itself.

Glad to hear it worked out. :rock

Case was closed, eBay closed it in my favor:

"We reviewed this case and have closed it without any refund to the buyer.
The case will not affect your seller performance. Any feedback left for this transaction will be removed.
We determined that the item is as described."

My negative feedback wasn't removed automatically so I have to contact them regarding that. I don't know how to block this guy, and I'm debating whether or not I should leave negative feedback for his demands and threats while stating that the case closed in my favor before I block him (if there is a way to) to warn people about him, or just let it be since the case is done with right now. I was open to the partial refund of $30 but he kept pushing and his behavior became negative so I'm glad he got his due via karma.

Sellers can't leave negative feedback, it's not even an option

Back